OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1744, 1745, 1746 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
PG is an upgrade over KCP
Cousins is an upgrade over Brook
IT is an upgrade over Clarkson
Randle is still Randle

It's not as good as LBJ... but it ensures we will be better than last season.

Now just trade Ingram for KL and we become 2nd team in West
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Randle is still Randle

It will take more than Ingram. Let's see if Kawhi's healthy. If we didn't sign LBJ... we'd have more cap flexibility to sign Kawhi next year.

I say roll with some combination like this... reassess after watching the growth of the core... and then sign Kawhi if he still wants to come here.
Anon-kun
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject:

I want to get multiple all-stars so we can spend the whole offseason reading QFTOS
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I will be content if our off season is PG/Cousins/IT nothing spectacular but we likely become a mid tier team in the WC.

That’s pretty damn spectacular and I’d be very happy with it. Although I’d be more than happy with PG and Randle and waiting for Kawhi the following season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
I don't think Magic says no to Lebron, what's more likely is he sells Lebron that Lonzo/Ingram/Hart/Randle/Kuzma don't need to be traded, and he'll get prime Paul George.

Trading the young guys for a star isn't how the NBA works now, look at the Celtics. It's the system, they're young and have assets. The Lakers can be like that, trading Lonzo/Ingram makes the long term asset value of this team alot lower then it would seem like at the moment. That core behind your second best player can make your team 7 deep when you're talking about just the main guys that can play 30.

I think Magic/Pelinka are real smart, they'll try building the best possible team now without hurting our long term future. Magic Johnson is a Laker legend, he knows it's about building dynasties here not just teams with 2 or 3 year windows. They're building a structure/system with Luke as their main guy and want to develop an identity that propels them into a long term contender.

They'll make the best of their cap space, try to sign the best stars they can, develop young guys and make favorable trades. If they can get a superstar for Zo or BI, maybe they do it but I don't think they'll go all out in the way you guys think they will.

I wonder if Lebron has the patience to wait. He is 34 and while Randle seems to be ready to be a starter on a good team, Ingram is still a couple of years away and Ball is even farther away. Maybe if he wants to come here to live, get paid and not compete for titles, he won't care about waiting on the young players.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

LFAN4LIFE wrote:
Just saw this take it with a grain of salt...supposedly Cousins started following these players...

Paul George
Isiah Thomas
Julius Randle

https://www.12up.com/posts/6062220-demarcus-cousins-hints-at-creating-super-team-with-latest-instagram-activity/partners/43640

Id love it, but would that have IT taking the room exception or would it have Boogie taking less than the max to save room for IT.

I feel like George gets the max. Boogies gets a one year max.

That would only leave like 1-4m i believe plus the 4m room exception.

Getting those 3, plus our 1st and 2nd round picks would be awesome though.

And like Boogie and IT would be one year deals, meaning we'd have some cap space next summer too if they didnt work out.

PG: Ball / Isaiah / Vet Min
SG: George / Hart / 2nd RD
SF: Ingram / 1st RD / Matt Thomas
PF: Randle / Kuzma
C: Cousins / Vet Min / Bryant / Zubac
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
I don't think Magic says no to Lebron, what's more likely is he sells Lebron that Lonzo/Ingram/Hart/Randle/Kuzma don't need to be traded, and he'll get prime Paul George.

Trading the young guys for a star isn't how the NBA works now, look at the Celtics. It's the system, they're young and have assets. The Lakers can be like that, trading Lonzo/Ingram makes the long term asset value of this team alot lower then it would seem like at the moment. That core behind your second best player can make your team 7 deep when you're talking about just the main guys that can play 30.

I think Magic/Pelinka are real smart, they'll try building the best possible team now without hurting our long term future. Magic Johnson is a Laker legend, he knows it's about building dynasties here not just teams with 2 or 3 year windows. They're building a structure/system with Luke as their main guy and want to develop an identity that propels them into a long term contender.

They'll make the best of their cap space, try to sign the best stars they can, develop young guys and make favorable trades. If they can get a superstar for Zo or BI, maybe they do it but I don't think they'll go all out in the way you guys think they will.

I wonder if Lebron has the patience to wait. He is 34 and while Randle seems to be ready to be a starter on a good team, Ingram is still a couple of years away and Ball is even farther away. Maybe if he wants to come here to live, get paid and not compete for titles, he won't care about waiting on the young players.

Strongly disagree.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

I think Lakers come in second place to Philly for LeBron, but I think what would attract him to us besides Paul George is that we'd have tons of assets we could flip for other future deals.

Ingram, Randle, Lonzo, Kuzma and even Ball all have value.

And we have a 1st round pick in every upcoming draft too.

Flexibility will be important. And why I think we have a better chance than Houston.

With Philly they have the flexibility (Fultz, Saric plus tons of picks) but they also have Simmons and Embiid and a team that's already close.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PG13 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PG13 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
FWIW.... what is this talk about CP3 joining the Lakers?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ex1mz4vjLw

Wow

Quit making stuff and listin to what you post. I just wasted 5 min listining.

It’s not a waste especially considering that Ramona has Lakers FO connections

Did you hear what she said? She doesn't think CP3 is coming to the Lakers.

Thanks, my bad

Wait wait wait.. what do you mean, "thanks, my bad"? Did you really not listen to it or did you not comprehend what she said?

I'm asking seriously here because while I try to come on to these boards and read/converse/learn you have this severe habit of posting anything and everything maybe related to the Lakers and I don't even think you read/watch/listen to them.

I appreciate your passion for our beloved Lakers, we're all here for that, but you single handedly lower the bar of what a good post is. Everything is so gossip based, wild assumptions by you, or some dude named LakerBob72 from reddit who thinks he heard some weird stuff while walking The Grove.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I will be content if our off season is PG/Cousins/IT nothing spectacular but we likely become a mid tier team in the WC.

That’s pretty damn spectacular and I’d be very happy with it. Although I’d be more than happy with PG and Randle and waiting for Kawhi the following season.

The good thing with this is likely Boogie and IT would be one year deals so we could potentially just let them walk and sign Kawhi in the offseason.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The good thing with this is likely Boogie and IT would be one year deals so we could potentially just let them walk and sign Kawhi in the offseason.

Do they even play the first 2 months of the season?

They would be plan D on 1 year deals for me.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Beggars can't be choosers.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Rudy gay tore it pretty late and think came back at season start
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Randle is still Randle

Trade Zo for KL and start BI at point guard, we become the 2nd team in the west
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

Boogie and IT depending on what they want in salary could cost us Randle and/or picks to dump Deng.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

yinoma2001 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I would rather go the absorbing Faried/Arthur route and getting another 1st Round pick out of it than a Boogie/IT 1-year plan.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Boogie and IT depending on what they want in salary could cost us Randle and/or picks to dump Deng.

Yup. Doubt we trade out Deng to sign boogie/IT to 1 year deals. Then you have Jules.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PG13 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PG13 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
FWIW.... what is this talk about CP3 joining the Lakers?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ex1mz4vjLw

Wow

Quit making stuff and listin to what you post. I just wasted 5 min listining.

It’s not a waste especially considering that Ramona has Lakers FO connections

Did you hear what she said? She doesn't think CP3 is coming to the Lakers.

Thanks, my bad

Wait wait wait.. what do you mean, "thanks, my bad"? Did you really not listen to it or did you not comprehend what she said?

I'm asking seriously here because while I try to come on to these boards and read/converse/learn you have this severe habit of posting anything and everything maybe related to the Lakers and I don't even think you read/watch/listen to them.

I appreciate your passion for our beloved Lakers, we're all here for that, but you single handedly lower the bar of what a good post is. Everything is so gossip based, wild assumptions by you, or some dude named LakerBob72 from reddit who thinks he heard some weird stuff while walking The Grove.

Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

I can see how IT/Boogie could go really badly in terms of their injuries... but I could also see how they'd be motivated to f*ck up everyone in the league who doubted them.

If it's one year overpays... what do we have to lose?

If they aren't the same... you don't resign them and go after Kawhi

If they are pretty good... it's a nice problem to have.

Absorbing contracts for one draft pick isn't worth missing the playoffs again.

We are already one playoff behind Boston and Philly... let's not make it two.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I would rather go the absorbing Faried/Arthur route and getting another 1st Round pick out of it than a Boogie/IT 1-year plan.

I like this route too if we miss on Lebron. However, I would like the guys we get in salary dumps to be solid contributors. We will be losing a lot of depth in KCP, IT, and Brook. I don't think Brook would take the room exception if we don't get Lebron. PG alone + our young core makes me nervous about our playoff chances.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I can see how IT/Boogie could go really badly in terms of their injuries... but I could also see how they'd be motivated to f*ck up everyone in the league who doubted them.

You have them with PG. so where’s the cap space coming from to sign boogie/It? It would have to be for LBJ’s slot so that means we are trading out Deng for 1 year rentals?
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

You have them with PG. so where’s the cap space coming from to sign boogie/It? It would have to be for LBJ’s slot so that means we are trading out Deng for 1 year rentals?

Deng is going to have to be traded soon anyway, either this offseason or at the trade deadline
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I don't know if that Instagram rumor has any validity... I personally looked at Boogie's account and didn't see him follow those guys. Maybe he followed and then unfollowed after the story broke.

However, if he and IT wanted to work together on making it happen... who are we to argue with it?

All I'm analyzing is the personnel... and if they made it work... it would be a good one year solution.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

Strongly disagree.

Me too. Ingram I don’t think is 2 years away. Look at Jaylon Brown...second year player. Didn’t see this coming this quickly. In my opinion Ingram is better than he is or will be next year. Ball I agree. He really needs to improve for the Lakers to be true contenders. I like his game but the shooting and the aggressiveness needs to get a lot better.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
chantruong wrote:

Yup. Doubt we trade out Deng to sign boogie/IT to 1 year deals. Then you have Jules.

Lakers aren’t losing Jules to get Cousins and IT. Pass but if they want to be here on deals that fit and can give us cap next summer. I’m all for it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1744, 1745, 1746 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 1745 of 2680
Jump to: