THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 902, 903, 904 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
On my phone at work so I cant attach a link... But anyone see the lawyer Dbag in Manhattan who was recorded going on a racist tirade about th Spanish-speaking ladies?

The internet found out who he is and its probably gonna get ugly. Lol

VIDEO: Man rants about Spanish-speaking cafe workers

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
On my phone at work so I cant attach a link... But anyone see the lawyer Dbag in Manhattan who was recorded going on a racist tirade about th Spanish-speaking ladies?

LINK

Thats it, Jodeke. smh
Thx for the link
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

I've always known there were ugly, hateful people in the world... But it just seems that now they think its OK and even acceptable to showcase it with no regard. Disgusting
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

LINK

Lawyer from midtown
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
I've always known there were ugly, hateful people in the world... But it just seems that now they think its OK and even acceptable to showcase it with no regard. Disgusting

Trumps presidency has given voice to some of the country's worst. Aaron Schlossberg feels it's OK to shout racists rants in public.

Aaron Schlossberg: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

Schlossberg just sounds dirty and wrong... i wish that would become the new vernacular for douche like what a Schlossberg
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

We fail as a society more often than not these days but Gina Haspel's confirmation is a particularly grim moment in our history. Shame to everyone involved.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
We fail as a society more often than not these days but Gina Haspel's confirmation is a particularly grim moment in our history. Shame to everyone involved.

Thank you for your recognition of this
Pompeo
Bolton
Haspel
Just find room for Ashcroft or Wolfowitz and they'll start the killing machines right up
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Yeah, she's a reminder that while Trump is a huge step down from Obama, Obama had a long way to step up from W.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

I think the thing I liked even less than the fact that she oversaw torture was the fact that she's completely unrepentant, and won't even give the matter the dignity of an honest answer.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

We can only hope the midterms suspected Blue Wave will get us back on track. I've heard the Republican party is in what some call a zombie state. Bob Mueller is another hope. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:

We can only hope the midterms suspected Blue Wave will get us back on track. I've heard the Republican party is in what some call a zombie state. Bob Mueller is another hope. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Six Democrats voted to confirm her. They had an opportunity to stop this and failed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:

Six Democrats voted to confirm her. They had an opportunity to stop this and failed.

That frightens me. Democrats are not stepping up to the plate when the opportunity to do so presents itself. What's their plan? The party lacks strong leadership. I hope Holder takes a leadership role.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu May 17, 2018 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ocho wrote:

Yeah, she's a reminder that while Trump is a huge step down from Obama, Obama had a long way to step up from W.

It would be a challenge for Trump to end up worse than W. I saw the post-presidency reverence for Bush coming but it doesnt make it any less nauseating.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
jodeke wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

LINK

Thats it, Jodeke. smh
Thx for the link

The guy is a racist d-bag but you know what I like? The folks that you hear in the background standing up to him. He says "this is America" as to why the workers should not speak Spanish in his warped mind and some woman off camera says "Yeah, this IS America". Several people speak out against him and the management asks him to leave.

Recently there was another racist d-bag insulting a Muslim woman wearing the veil and she records him and her response. Again people speak out against him and the management asks him to leave.

The two black guys who were arrested without cause when the mgr called the cops because they were "loitering", there were people in that video speaking up for them also.

There are racists out there and Trump has given them a sense they can speak out but the non-racists among us (hopefully the majority) are speaking up against them. Just average folks in delis and coffee shops saying cut it out, unacceptable, you leave. That heartens me, it is too easy for "good" people to just sit there and let it happen and that is NOT happening at least not all of the time.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

The worm is starting to turn.

Manafort’s Former Son-In-Law Flips

LINK

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

NY Post: Racist lawyer kicked out of his office space

Quote:
Racist lawyer Aaron Schlossberg will have to find new office space — and an attorney of his own.

The 44-year-old was kicked out of his Madison Avenue work space Thursday after he was was captured in a hate-filled rant at Spanish-speaking restaurant workers — and then a Congressman filed a formal complaint to the state court system’s disciplinary committee.

Schlossberg had been using a business center in 275 Madison Ave. as an office address for his private law firm — but has been given the boot over the shocking video that went viral Wednesday.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ocho wrote:

It would be a challenge for Trump to end up worse than W. I saw the post-presidency reverence for Bush coming but it doesnt make it any less nauseating.

It's just so easy to like a guy who can act like a human when faced with one who doesn't.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
Racist lawyer Aaron Schlossberg will have to find new office space — and an attorney of his own.

The 44-year-old was kicked out of his Madison Avenue work space Thursday after he was was captured in a hate-filled rant at Spanish-speaking restaurant workers — and then a Congressman filed a formal complaint to the state court system’s disciplinary committee.

Schlossberg had been using a business center in 275 Madison Ave. as an office address for his private law firm — but has been given the boot over the shocking video that went viral Wednesday.

Maybe he'll also lose some of his clients.

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

These people were involved.
Democrats YES: Manchin, Donnelly, Warner, Nelson, Shaheen, Heitkamp

(Republicans NO: Paul, Flake)

Shame is correct, but if the person doesn't feel it, or get held to account for it so they might, the person just moves on. Public does too bc leaders said we cool.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Concurrent to that, there's another viral (supposedly and hopefully from Canada) of a woman arguing with a coffee shop clerk. She gets so unhinged that she drops pants and defecates on the floor, picks the product up and throws it at him, uses napkins from the counter to "clean up" with, throws THOSE at him, and continues to freak out while standing there fully exposed. Needless to say, someone who goes that far is quite probably mentally unfit for society, but stans like this guy are adjacent to that lot of folk. You don't cause multiple (not his first rodeo) public disturbances like that unless you have a personality disorder and severe anger management problems, which are often paired with the standard issue racism and xenophobia. It's been theorized that there's something innate in modernity that causes people to lose their sh in public like this (literally in the case of the woman above). I might agree, but Edvard Munch completed his first version of The Scream in 1893...well before Macaulay Culkin resurrected it. It's not a new idea. Is it the life and times we live in or are human beings just loonies at root?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

And what's remarkably chilling about this is that she's probably one of the most qualified, if not the most qualified, person for a job that Trump has appointed. I mean that seriously.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ocho wrote:

And what's remarkably chilling about this is that she's probably one of the most qualified, if not the most qualified, person for a job that Trump has appointed. I mean that seriously.

Hooray for progress?
Lol
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ocho wrote:

Hooray for progress?
Lol

That's not quite what I was suggesting! I'd put a smiling or laughing emoticon here, but it's really not a laughing matter.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Not such a tough talker after all:
Racist Lawyer RUNS FROM CAMERAS
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 902, 903, 904 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 903 of 3663
Jump to: