Lebron in 2018 or Kawhi in 2019 ? Which FA do you prefer- everything else being equal ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lebron in 2018 or Kawhi in 2019 ? Which FA do you prefer- everything else being equal ?
Lebron
20%
 20%  [ 18 ]
Kawhi
73%
 73%  [ 65 ]
Neither
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 89

Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:22 am    Post subject:

I have mix feelings on this one.

Kawhi is younger, but is he good enough to be a number 1 option on a championship team? KD is a significant better scorer, and he couldn't win a title until he got to GS. Curry is also a better offensive player, and he has never been finals MVP. Lebron is also a better offensive player, and he's 3-5 in the finals, and that's with him playing with Wade and Kyrie.

We want have a prime Wade or Kyrie playing with Leonard.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:17 am    Post subject:

I like Leonard but I voted Lebron. Despite his age being a concern, there are health concerns with Leonard. If they can get Lebron sign him instead of taking a chance on Leonard next year. It's time to get back to winning.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject:

Just look at their ages....obviously Kawhi would fit better with the core.
We lived through the Kobe farewell tour which was fine considering all he did for this organization. LeBron obviously still has gas in the tank but I take a pass on the LFT.

Not to mention the IE and Riverside contingent here on LG including myself would love to see the homegrown kid come back home.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

I voted LBJ.

I can't discount the reality that if LBJ says yes, that Magic will turn him down (and I know that's not what OP asked). IMO, he has a ticket to Lakerland that only he can dismiss.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I voted LBJ.

I can't discount the reality that if LBJ says yes, that Magic will turn him down (and I know that's not what OP asked). IMO, he has a ticket to any team that only he can dismiss.

FIFY
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

Lebron by a landslide.

Can’t bet on a healthy Leonard. Either he’s been hurt for basically the whole year or he quit on his team. I don’t want either scenario. Far to scarred from our latest injuries with Nash, D12, etc..

Fact of the matter is, if Lebron wants to come here, there is no way we are passing on him. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Assume PG signs this summer, Lopez will work with the FO to stick around in either case and Randle is re-signed at a price to allow a max next summer.

If KL has let the Lakers know he's coming next summer, as an unnamed agent has said, and if KL is healthy, do you want KL or Lebron

Kawhi could verbally relay through his agent/uncle that he is healthy, but the Lakers FO very likely could seek confirmation from his medical personnel or at least confirm by looking at the actual medical records. Thing start to get tricky at that point because the number of people involved in off the record discussions has substantially increased.

Quote:

(b) Should it be requested in connection with the contemplated
assignment of a player’s Uniform Player Contract to one or more NBA
Teams, a Team’s physician may furnish all relevant medical information
relating to the player to (i) the physicians and General Manager, coaches,
and trainers of such other Team or Teams, and (ii) any entity from which
any such other Team seeks to procure, or has procured, an insurance
policy covering such player’s life or any disability, injury, illness or other
health condition such player may suffer or sustain.

Talking to San Antonio about a trade could be a ruse to gain access to those medical records. Backing out of trade discussions after looking at the medical records this summer and then coming back next summer to sign him to a Max contract wouldn't be the best look for Magic and Pelinka.

Overall, going outside/around the NBA system for more medical information could become the basis for tampering charges.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

I think its a no brainier to just get James and George for free. Even though James is older and George is maybe a tier lower than KL. But they both could be had without having to trade anything and they also dont have the injury concerns. I think the goal should be to dump Deng and sign James, George and Randle. We could also look to flip Randle and maybe others for KL before the trade deadline. If not, we should be able to get some team to absorb Randle or we could even do a sign and trade for KL. TBH a lot of fans on this board seem to be more knowledgeable than the media in a way. The fans obviously dont have the sources, etc. that the media does, but if people go out of their way to post on this board they are most likely die hard Laker fans and have more of an idea of what is going on. Heck, I even hear John Ireland who is the play by play guy get a lot wrong about the Lakers. He didnt even know we had the 25th pick, he thought it was like #21 I think. Not all media is like that though, I know some post on this board too. The media for the most part also seem to not really know much about the CBA.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

LeBron. Maybe in a vacuum Kawhi, but if that were the case, the choice would be Lebron and Kawhi with PG13 third.

Even at his age, LBJ is the best player in the NBA, he’s taken what would otherwise be a lottery team to the Eastern Conference Finals, and he’s available this summer. He’s not coming off a major injury. If he wants to join the Lakers, there’s no way they’re going to hesitate giving him a max deal.

Despite all the commotion, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Spurs offer Kawhi a supermax and he takes it. And if the Lakers strike out on PG13 or LeBron then he will certainly be the main target in 2019 should he not be extended.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

Lebron is still top 10 all time, Leonard never will be. Easy choice.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: