OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 300, 301, 302 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
From my experience working for a Sports Agents, events are handled by Agents and their staff, not the players.

Yup. I have a secretary and if she doesn't tell me or schedule them in my outlook when and what time my meetings are, I will more than likely miss them completely. Now that I think about it happens to me more often than it should, hmm... maybe I need a new secretary?

Depends. What does she look like?
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
From my experience working for a Sports Agents, events are handled by Agents and their staff, not the players.

Yup. I have a secretary and if she doesn't tell me or schedule them in my outlook when and what time my meetings are, I will more than likely miss them completely. Now that I think about it happens to me more often than it should, hmm... maybe I need a new secretary?

Depends. What does she look like?

Lol. If you were a media personality you would get in so much trouble these days making a joke like that.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
32 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
32 wrote:
Why don't you get the facts straight before crapping all over Kuz possibly for no reason. Do some research as to what happened and why.

Looking more on reddit/twitter, Kuz was doing a meet and greet the day of or the day before at City of Hope National Medical Center with patients and fans.

Doesn't even sound like Kuz knew about this other event. Sounds like his scheduling manager is to blame. The whole paint balling thing seems fishy and totally unconfirmed, just someone saying they heard someone supposedly saw him.

I would like to see a flyer or some kind of evidence that there was an event scheduled. And even if there was i highly doubt Kuz scheduled the event himself. It could have been a social media thing gone bad.

May 6 - CTA announced that MWP would be appearing at the WSS event.

May 7 - WSS announced that MWP and Kuzma would be appearing at the event on the 11th/12th for autos and photographs.

May 9 - WSS announced through CTA that Kuzma will not be signing: "Update as of 4:00pm - May 9th. Host (WSS) just notified us that Kuzma will no longer be signing outside items. Contact store for more details."

May 11 - MWP shows up in WSS.

May 12 - No Kuzma. WSS hosts MWP's Geradelo Celebrity Game.

Sounds like WSS tried to get Kuzma a day in late after they got MWP, then a few days later changed Kuzma's booking, then something probably happened between the 10th and the 12th with WSS and Kuz's reps.

Confirmed: Kuzma was in a meet and greet with patients/fans at the City of Hope National Medical Center on the 11th.

https://twitter.com/seankent/status/995008920887353345

Seems like either Kuz's agent/scheduler and/or WSS bookers are to blame, seemed that there were scheduling issues already prior to the event.

If that was the case, why then did Kuzma/his agent reach out to them the day of and tell them that Kuzma would just be taking pictures and not signing anything?

That right there kind of puts it into the vein that Kuzma and his agent knew the event was that day, and had made an additional demand. It wasn't like they hadn't contacted them that day. That is the biggest problem it seems. Because if you can reach out the day of to say "Kuzma won't be signing anything, just taking pictures" you obviously know it's that day.

That seems to be the crux of the situation's problem, all other things off the table, if he/his agent reached out to them to day of to tell them what Kuzma wouldn't be doing, then there's no way they didn't know it was that day. Does anyone have an answer for that side of things?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:

I guess we really really care about this huh
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject:

THE THREAD TITLE
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Kava wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Quote:
If hoping a player does better than I expect him to is hating then I’ve been hating on every Lakers player since I was born.

Quote:
Unfortunately, it doesn't come off as genuine.

I can genuinely root for Kuzma without setting unrealistic expectations. I just compared him to Klay Thompson, apparently that’s not enough.

Klay Thompson is really Just a shooter albeit one of the greatest shooters of all times with some defense his offensive game is not a divers as kuzma.Also they ran the offense through Klay when curry was out a lot he ran through screens and all that like Reggie Miller shooters that had the offense ran through them.

Klay is a known lock down defender for his team across the NBA. He can also stretch the floor and shoots a nice J. Plays with an under control pace.

I like the comp - it's mostly due to similar quick release - but Kuz isn't there defensively yet.

Both attack close outs well and struggle to penetrate set defenses, are assisted on a lot of their shots, and good spot up shooters.

I never thought I’d be called a hater for saying he could reach Klay level impact on offense. That’s LG for ya.

Who called you a hater I specifically was talking about people saying he's a 6th man or 7th or 8th man on a team I'm like ain't no way. Now we disagree (and that's okay) on what type of player he can be but I am by no means calling you a hater. I believe we all want the same thing Great players and championships.Fyi when Intake about people hating I'm not only talking about LG but other media forms y'all should read some of the comments on YouTube videos about kuzma 😂.

Ive heard most media call him a future star

I'm not talking about media I'm talking about later fans. It's funny NBA players see that he has the potential to be better than fans do seen retired and active players saying he's got that dog in him or he's going to be a problem in this league but we have fans saying oh he's a bench role player.

Fans watch actual games and see he is a bench role player.

I have been watching the Lakers since 1981 I've always been a loyal fan Unlatch every game I can so I can say this fans are off bases and have some sort-of issue with Kuzma and the attention he's getting because they like another player more or they're trollls ijs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

Perhaps, but it doesn’t change the fact that he was a bench player and spot starter when we had injuries. And he filled in well, we played some good ball when he was starting at the 3 spot. At the contract we have him for, there are only a few players I would want to see him dealt for.
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Perhaps, but it doesn’t change the fact that he was a bench player and spot starter when we had injuries. And he filled in well, we played some good ball when he was starting at the 3 spot. At the contract we have him for, there are only a few players I would want to see him dealt for.

Good to know. Let me ask you this do you think he's a career bench player? Because that's what these fans was saying just asking.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Lakers great32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Good to know. Let me ask you this do you think he's a career bench player? Because that's what these fans was saying just asking.

Who was saying that? Don’t mistake 6man/role player for career bench player.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakers great32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If we keep Randle then yes, at least until he gets fed up and leaves. Or if the coaches move Julius to center. I think that the question is, will he finish games? I think so unless the whole PG/Lebron thing happens.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma on Dancing with the Stars showing support for Kareem!

https://twitter.com/imsupercap/status/996975091526193152?s=21

https://twitter.com/nthony_p/status/993708018658369536?s=21
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject:

^ have to admire his scheduling skills .
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject:

Title makes me laugh every day lol.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Tatum is a finalist for ROY with Simmons and Mtichell. This is for regular season. Kuz gets no respect.

Jayson Tatum:
13.9 pts 5 rebs 1.6 asts in 30.5 mins

Kyle Kuzma:
16.1 pts 6.3 rebs 1.8 asts in 31 mins
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Tatum is a finalist for ROY with Simmons and Mtichell. This is for regular season. Kuz gets no respect.

Jayson Tatum:

Kyle Kuzma:

Yea, Kuz had a great year.
I wonder if not making the playoffs hurt him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
32 wrote:

Jayson Tatum:

Kyle Kuzma:

Yeah maybe it did.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
epak wrote:
32 wrote:

Jayson Tatum:

Kyle Kuzma:

Yeah maybe it did.

If Kuz was playing the same way he played in the regular season in the playoffs, he'd be gaining just as much love as Tatum. Same with BI, Ju, Hart, and Luke.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Jayson Tatum:

Kyle Kuzma:

Tatum being a better defender and starting for a winning team pushes him over Kuz I think.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
32 wrote:

Jayson Tatum:

Kyle Kuzma:

Tatum being a better defender and starting for a winning team pushes him over Kuz I think.
58.6% vs 54.9% TS% helps as well.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

^I'm guessing that a whole lot more of Tatum's shots were either created for him and/or came from spot up attempts than those Kuzma shot. If so, would explain the higher TS%, rather than just better individual shooting.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^I'm guessing that a whole lot more of Tatum's shots were either created for him and/or came from spot up attempts than those Kuzma shot. If so, would explain the higher TS%, rather than just better individual shooting.

Not denying that, but the flip side is the same reasoning is why Kuzma got more shots and therefore scored more.
Can't use his raw ppg as an advantage over Tatum without acknowledging that he also had worse efficiency.
Or you can say both are a result of role more than anything else and it's a wash

(Of course, then Tatum still has the big defense edge.)
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

Short video. Left handed hook is nice.

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/997564906244194304
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
32 wrote:

Jayson Tatum:

Kyle Kuzma:

hmm, was tatum really that better defender? i think it has to do more with the boston hype then anything else
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Just came here to post this. Slick.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
32 wrote:

Just came here to post this. Slick.

You have to step your game. I'm to quick for you.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 300, 301, 302 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 301 of 880
Jump to: