View previous topic :: View next topic  
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
Back for an abbreviated 6th season.

One of my coworkers told me the news this morning! YES!

Hoping it gets extended

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
22 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
Back for an abbreviated 6th season.

One of my coworkers told me the news this morning! YES!

Hoping it gets extended

Really enjoyed this season. Hopefully, Season 6 will include Coulson.

I still haven't watched Season 1.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/agents-of-shields-final-season-wont-air-until-next-summ-1826043823

we won't see it until summer '19.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Started watching the last 3 episodes to see how it ties in with Infinity War, the show felt much improved. Wished I had started watching the beginning of this season and last.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

I share yalls’ hype fellas!! Thanks for the link!!

I can’t wait for next summer now ROFL!! The Netflix and Hulu marvel shows will have to hold me over
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

I am an emotional wreck after this season’s finale
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
https://io9.gizmodo.com/agents-of-shields-final-season-wont-air-until-next-summ-1826043823

Looking forward to Season 6 in 2019 and... Season 7 in 2020.

Believe it or not, ABC announced an EARLY RENEWAL for a 7th Season:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-season-7-abc-marvel-series-gets-an-early-renewal-1162132
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-season-7-abc-marvel-series-gets-an-early-renewal-1162132

HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

#WhentheLordisrainingdownblessings

I freaking love this show and was satisfied with it going to 6 seasons, with the 7th getting announced I’m on cloud 9
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

Wow, this is incredible. My favorite show on TV. It feels like it's been dodging bullets since season 1. I had almost no hope it would get another season after 6. Wonderful news.
MagicMamba88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I found an article on pastemagazine that does a great job of explaining why i love AOS so much.

"Transformation. It’s a word that defines Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the studio’s first attempt at porting their cinematic universe to the small screen. Whether it be a physical evolution, like the show’s Inhumans, or the more subtle development of a character’s motivations, nothing in S.H.I.E.L.D. ever stays the same for long."

"The series often turns on a dime, but the viewer never feels whiplash. An impressive accomplishment given the multitude of times this show could have easily veered off the rails."

"Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. never [...] slows down. For Coulson and his team, a long shelf life didn’t become a prison like it did for so many other adaptations. Longevity simply granted more opportunity for the show to achieve its goal: lasting impermanence accomplished through tonal versatility. Always remaining in a state of reinvention, no two seasons are alike. Revolving team lineups keep the character dynamics fresh, and the audience can never fully guess which direction the series is going to head next. This sense of ballsy exploration keeps the narrative from ever becoming stale, resulting in a show that is both criminally underrated and underappreciated."?

so true.

this show is truly underrated and underappreciated.

another show that is underrated is Black Sails.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

MagicMamba88 wrote:
Quote:
I found an article on pastemagazine that does a great job of explaining why i love AOS so much.

"Transformation. It’s a word that defines Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the studio’s first attempt at porting their cinematic universe to the small screen. Whether it be a physical evolution, like the show’s Inhumans, or the more subtle development of a character’s motivations, nothing in S.H.I.E.L.D. ever stays the same for long."

"The series often turns on a dime, but the viewer never feels whiplash. An impressive accomplishment given the multitude of times this show could have easily veered off the rails."

"Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. never [...] slows down. For Coulson and his team, a long shelf life didn’t become a prison like it did for so many other adaptations. Longevity simply granted more opportunity for the show to achieve its goal: lasting impermanence accomplished through tonal versatility. Always remaining in a state of reinvention, no two seasons are alike. Revolving team lineups keep the character dynamics fresh, and the audience can never fully guess which direction the series is going to head next. This sense of ballsy exploration keeps the narrative from ever becoming stale, resulting in a show that is both criminally underrated and underappreciated."?

so true.

this show is truly underrated and underappreciated.

another show that is underrated is Black Sails.

Couldn’t agree more with that article. Another reason I love the show is you get to grow with the characters and it’s easy to few emotionally attached to them
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Update 8/8/2019

Hayley Atwell’s Agent Carter to Appear in ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Season 7

Quote:
Next season of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be adding a familiar face. FandomWire has learned that Hayley Atwell will be reprising her role of Peggy Carter for the seventh and final season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Atwell last played the character in this summer’s mega-blockbuster Avengers: Endgame; where she shared a long-awaited dance with the Star-Spangled Man, himself… Steve Rogers (exactly which version of Captain America that was, is still up for debate).

The character of Peggy Carter first appeared in 2011’s Captain America: The First Avenger. And made cameos as older versions of the character in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) and Ant-Man (2015). Her 1940’s storyline was picked back up, however, in the tragically short-lived ABC series, Agent Carter.

Agent Carter picked up in the years after Captain America: The First Avengers, and focused on Atwell’s Peggy Carter as she balanced life as a secret agent as well as the struggles of a single woman in 1940s America.

The shows first season (consisting of 8 episodes) originally aired in January of 2015, with its second season (consisting of 10 episodes) airing in January of 2016. Both seasons aired during the mid-season breaks of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s 3rd and 4th seasons respectively. The show garnered a positive critic response, however, viewership steadily decreased throughout the 2 seasons and was eventually canceled by ABC in May 2016.

Article continues here:
https://fandomwire.com/2019/08/07/agent-carter-in-agents-of-shield-season-7/
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

I couldn't make it through the season where they ended up in the future. So I take it I should gut it out?
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:02 am    Post subject:

^That is about where I left off as well -- heard that Season 5 did get better as it went along, so might binge it at some point. Originally, the showrunners had s05e22 as the series finale, then it got renewed for a 6th and 7th season. This year has flown by, can't believe the Season 6 finale aired only about a week ago.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I couldn't make it through the season where they ended up in the future. So I take it I should gut it out?

This season was even worse IMO but I'm going to gut it out til the end just to see the return of Agent Carter next season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

I loved it! But then again I even loved season 1 and most hated that lol
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject:

^How would you rank the seasons? Seems that other discussion groups have season 4 (Ghost Rider/ADA) at or near the top of their lists.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
^How would you rank the seasons? Seems that other discussion groups have season 4 (Ghost Rider/ADA) at or near the top of their lists.

Yeah the rider was an epic season

Ward’s heel turn after winter soldier was epic too
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
K2 wrote:

I think the show lost a bit after losing Ward. It took another step in the wrong direction losing Lance and Bobbi as well.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
K2 wrote:

I think the show lost a bit after losing Ward. It took another step in the wrong direction losing Lance and Bobbi as well.

Dang you Orville!! *angryfist*
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
K2 wrote:

Yeah, Lance and Bobbi made the show that much more enjoyable -- they almost had their own spinoff ("Marvel's Most Wanted" too, but the execs lost their minds and decided against it. Adrienne has since wanted a cameo on the show, but that hasn't happened yet. Hoping they'll get them back for Season 7, even for a cameo.

Having Ward come back in season 4 just for the Framework scenes helped somewhat, but the show hasn't been quite the same since his departure.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Dang you Orville!! *angryfist*

This. Though I blame the ABC execs as much as Seth MacFarlane, now Bobbi/Adrienne Palicki is stuck for a delayed Orville season that will be streaming on Hulu at some point in time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20
Jump to: