General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 449, 450, 451 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Vanes probably needs to think about hanging them up. Cant be that inactive. Something must be up n the fact that hes with Don King says a lot.
LINK

GGG did hit Vanes when he was down. It was unnecessary he was already out. GGG still has the power in both clubs.

LINK

Roy vociferously voiced his, if it was he in the ring he would have been disqualified complaint. Roy just won't let the Montell Griffin DQ rest.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Vanes probably needs to think about hanging them up. Cant be that inactive. Something must be up n the fact that hes with Don King says a lot.
LINK

GGG did hit Vanes when he was down. It was unnecessary he was already out. GGG still has the power in both clubs.

LINK

Roy vociferously voiced his, if it was he in the ring he would have been disqualified complaint. Roy just won't let the Montell Griffin DQ rest.
Everything looks worse in slow-mo, no reason to consider this a DQ. In real time, DQ didn't even cross my mind. I really dislike Max Kellerman.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
LINK

LINK

Everything looks worse in slow-mo, no reason to consider this a DQ. In real time, DQ didn't even cross my mind. I really dislike Max Kellerman.

After he registered his complaint Roy agreed with you. He said he didn't think GGG should be DQ'd

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Osei wrote:
My prefight analysis and prediction for Golovkin vs. Martirosyan: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2018/05/golovkin-vs-martirosyan-quick-prefight.html

I'll be at this fight though not familiar with the StubHub area (coming from D.C. area). Is there free parking at/near StubHub or do you do you have to pay to park?

gotta pay ..... probably doesnt help you now with the fight getting ready to start.

Stubhub has seen so many great fights. I was lucky to be at that Bradley-Provo fight in 2013 FOTY and 2014 FOTY Matthysse-Molina. Very intimate place and when Haymon fighters were on Golden Boy cards, being on the floor was where it was.

Yeah I did notice the shopping center and residential area right across the street from the main entrance but there were a bunch of signs out there obviously that prohibit event parking. I can understand for NFL or even an MLS game but $20 to park for a boxing event in the smaller arena is a ripoff IMO. In/Out parking traffic management was handled better than most other arenas I've been to though.

I liked the boxing setup at StubHub though it was a bit chillier weather wise than I would've liked. The clear bag policy was ridiculous though I understand they've implemented it per NFL policy with the Chargers set to play there. After parking I was in my car charging my phone prior to walking in and saw quite a few women returning to their cars to drop off their purses since I guess they weren't allowed in the arena LOL. Ridiculous. Was also asinine they don't let you in the team store to buy merchandise with alcohol in your hand l - never seen that before.

Overall was a good time though the card generally sucked in terms of competitiveness. Was at one of the StubHub bars watching the end of Cavs/Raptors so missed most of the women's title fight. GGG did his thing and entertained as expected... Vanes came into the fight with an asinine game plan to trade with GGG and test his power - fight was pretty much over once that game plan was implemented.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

anyone watching Linares vs Lomachenko?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

^ Yes. Loma..my lawd..
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
^ Yes. Loma..my lawd..

I thought Linares was getting back into it a round or 2 before he finally went down....but that did not last long.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Loma wow

Did y’all see the HBO one? Big boy Mungia got power
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
^ Yes. Loma..my lawd..

I thought Linares was getting back into it a round or 2 before he finally went down....but that did not last long.

The liver shot is one of boxing most debilitating punch.

Have to admit I'm becoming a Loma fan. To have as few professional fights as he's had he's impressive.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
anyone watching Linares vs Lomachenko?

Pretty good scrap and there’s nothing more sexy in boxing than a stoppage by body shot. Head is clearly conscience and telling the body to get up but the body is like man, we gonna lay down for a minute.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Loma wow

HBO was pushing Ali and he got worked. Lol
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
^ Yes. Loma..my lawd..

The liver shot is one of boxing most debilitating punch.

Have to admit I'm becoming a Loma fan. To have as few professional fights as he's had he's impressive.

I took a 30% unintentional teep kick to the liver play sparring with my buddy who's trained. Dude...I've had some pretty bad injuries in my life but the absolute debiliating feeling from a liver shot...words can't even describe. I folded like a child.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
governator wrote:
Loma wow

Watched the fight again this morning. Mungia is much bigger than Ali. He walked through his punches. If he doesn't get his boxing skills together he's going to be in trouble.

Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
governator wrote:
Loma wow

Watched the fight again this morning. Mungia is much bigger than Ali. He walked through his punches. If he doesn't get his boxing skills together he's going to be in trouble.

If you're talking about Ali his skills are solid IMO - probably better than Munguia's. (Ali's actually somewhat of a local legend in NYC for his amateur accomplishments.) But the fight came down to being a complete mismatch of size and power. Don't know why Ali's team let him get into the ring with that guy though to be fair, Munguia's boxing resumes is filled exclusively with bums in Mexico with unimpressive records so you didn't know for sure how good the kid was which is probably why Ali came in as a 2-1 favorite. But after 20-30 seconds it was obvious the fight was a mismatch - Ali is a guy who got stopped at 147 by Jessie Vargas and this guy was *way* bigger and stronger than Vargas could ever hope to be LOL.

Ali's much better off at 147 even with the monsters in that division... maybe 140 would be his best bet if he can make that weight. Rooting for him as he's a classy kid that carries himself well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
governator wrote:
Loma wow

If you're talking about Ali his skills are solid IMO - probably better than Munguia's. (Ali's actually somewhat of a local legend in NYC for his amateur accomplishments.) But the fight came down to being a complete mismatch of size and power. Don't know why Ali's team let him get into the ring with that guy though to be fair, Munguia's boxing resumes is filled exclusively with bums in Mexico with unimpressive records so you didn't know for sure how good the kid was which is probably why Ali came in as a 2-1 favorite. But after 20-30 seconds it was obvious the fight was a mismatch - Ali is a guy who got stopped at 147 by Jessie Vargas and this guy was *way* bigger and stronger than Vargas could ever hope to be LOL.

Ali's much better off at 147 even with the monsters in that division... maybe 140 would be his best bet if he can make that weight. Rooting for him as he's a classy kid that carries himself well.

I'm talking about Munguia. Ali was popping him almost at will, he just didn't have the power. Munguia walked him down, took his punches. He was much bigger than Ali. When he faces a fighter his size if he hasn't improved his skills he's going to be in big mess.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Badou Jack gave Adonis Stevenson all he could handle. If he hadn't had such a slow start he might have won the fight.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Badou Jack gave Adonis Stevenson all he could handle. If he hadn't had such a slow start he might have won the fight.

It's hard to win a fight when you give away 5 out of the first 6 rounds especially facing a champ in his home arena. I picked Jack to win that fight but he was way too inactive.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It's hard to win a fight when you give away 5 out of the first 6 rounds especially facing a champ in his home arena. I picked Jack to win that fight but he was way too inactive.

It was their strategy to make Adonis spend himself early because he has a tendency to tire in the late rounds, which he did. It was a good strategy but they waited to late to start fighting.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Some great fights this year so far.

I think FOTY has to be a choice between Lomo vs. Linares or Wilder vs. Ortiz

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

So... are we ever gonna get Wilder vs. Joshua?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
So... are we ever gonna get Wilder vs. Joshua?

That's a PPV I'd buy.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:

I thought Ortiz had Wilder stopped. Deontay showed he really wants it.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

jo...me too. I thought the ref was about to jump in. That's what makes it FOTY for me, so far. The fact that Deontay looked so hurt early on and came back to stop Ortiz. That was great. Similar to Joshua vs. Wladimir, except Deontay never went down. Either way, I'm so happy to see great competition in the heavyweight division again.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

jo...me too. I thought the ref was about to jump in. That's what makes it FOTY for me, so far. The fact that Deontay looked so hurt early on and came back to stop Ortiz. That was great. Similar to Joshua vs. Wladimir, except Deontay never went down. Either way, I'm so happy to see great competition in the heavyweight division again.

Wladimir has a suspect chin. Clip him and he's most likely done.

Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Prefight analysis and prediction for Santa Cruz vs. Mares rematch: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2018/06/leo-santa-cruz-vs-aber-mares-ii-quick.html

Analysis and prediction for Crawford vs. Horn: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2018/06/terence-crawford-vs-jeff-horn-quick.html

Last edited by Osei on Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 449, 450, 451 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 450 of 514
Jump to: