Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread: Lakers select Moe Wagner (#25), Isaac Bonga (#39), and Svi Mykhailiuk (#47) - see 1st page for draft links
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 232, 233, 234 ... 492, 493, 494  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
PG13 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
? we drafted tony bradley and traded him. why would we have given him a promise just to trade him away.

IDK...some believe that is what took place....some have suggested they have "sources" that confirm the chain of events....I have no idea what happened, but we were rumored throughout the process that we promised him after combine, then we did draft him.....sure, it could be all coincidence.

utah drafted him. we traded the pick away before making the pick on behalf of utah. if bradley was really the guy we wanted clearly we wouldn't have done that.

not accurate...we drafted him

The swap was made before and then the Jazz picked who they wanted. lakers had to turn in the card.

yeah, I was watching ESPN that night also.....the claim is since we promised, we kept promise by drafting him at that slot, and officially consummated trade after we completed promise....and informed Bradley before the pick. Believe it or do not believe it....

That isn't how these things work.

ok......really, I have zero care it that is what took place or not....will never know the truth, and I am ok with that. Go with what you think took place.

Why though? Buss said himself how the trade went down.

He's obviously lying! It's an elaborate plot to...well, I don't know what the benefit is of lying here...but it's definitely a smokescreen after the fact!
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/998991051460259840

Quote:
They have no promise made, told that's not fact based

no promise to mitchell robinson.

an unsubstantiated rebuttal to an unsubstantiated rumor/claim.....I do not like the rumor, so it is false, but the rebuttal is accurate because it is my preference

Or...it's sourced from someone in the Front Office.

yeah, always a guaranteed source for honesty with the media

Would a FO person essentially USE Pincus? That would be a bad look.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Watching Luca doncic’s highlights on YouTube...Maybe I’m missing something but I wouldn’t draft him in the top 5.

I hope he falls to the Lakers.

that would be something. this is the true end game for me. all shall fall prey to operation destroy luka's draft stock.

SMOKE SZN
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ok......really, I have zero care it that is what took place or not....will never know the truth, and I am ok with that. Go with what you think took place.

And you go ahead and go ahead thinking that Utah happened to want the guy that the Lakers had to take because they promised him and it all magically happened to work out for everyone.

not sure what is up with you.....your acting like a child. I repeated claims that have been well known and circulated for the past year, and your acting like I kicked your dog or something.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Watching Luca doncic’s highlights on YouTube...Maybe I’m missing something but I wouldn’t draft him in the top 5.

He’s first round talent...but I can’t see him being a top SF in the NBA against the level of athletes at that position. He’s highly skilled but skills only go so far against those types of athletes.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

he may....but by tomorrow expect him to be top #12....but he probably peaked too early...the internet will tire of him before the draft.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

that would be something. this is the true end game for me. all shall fall prey to operation destroy luka's draft stock.

SMOKE SZN

I honestly think highly skilled and will only get better...but how far does skill take you against the super elite level wings of the NBA?
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Mitchell Robinson threatens to tear LG apart!

lol, i honestly am happy with it if our FO has vetted him and truly wants him, because that means they're comfortable with the concerns I have about the guy. at this point, i trust our FO to draft reasonably.

i'm just trying to figure out what benefit there is to a team leaking a promise and then denying it, or the player leaking the promise and the team denying it, etc. etc.

I agree about the FO. If he clears their bar, that’s good enough for me. Given their success with older guys like Hart and Kuz late in the 1st round, along with the FAs they’ll be going after, the fact that they would opt for a player who is more of a developmental project tells me that they think he’s got the potential to be truly special.

Add that to his athleticism/size and the fact that he was knocking down 3s in some of that HS footage, and I love the idea of drafting him. Getting high lotto talent at 25 due to unique circumstances and shrewd moves by Rob would be amazing. Because if this is really true, the process of landing this guy very much resembles an agent landing a player, and falls outside the usual draft process.

As for the leaks- it does no good for the Lakers to leak it, so it wouldn’t have come from them. I go back to the idea that some of Robinson's advisors are amateurs, given his path over the last year, so them making amateur mistakes isn’t a surprise. They very well may not have meant to leak anything, but one of them may have told someone about the promise, and the next thing you know it’s a rumor.

I hope it’s true for the reasons stated above regarding the FO. If they’ve promised him, it’s because they think they’re getting a steal. And if he doesn’t interview/work out for anyone else, no one else is going to draft him.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

SMOKE SZN

Doncic = Mayo D'Angelo.

Keita Bates-Diop > SLOvac Morrison

Spread the word!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

He’s first round talent...but I can’t see him being a top SF in the NBA against the level of athletes at that position. He’s highly skilled but skills only go so far against those types of athletes.

If that's the case, this is quickly becoming a garbage draft. A bunch of no defense bigs, a couple overrated slow initiators, a broken down Charlie Villanueva without alopecia, and too many damn 6'4 shooting guards.

Lonzo Ball > the entire 2018 draft.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

he may....but by tomorrow expect him to be top #12....but he probably peaked too early...the internet will tire of him before the draft.

You're trolling me now.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

If that's the case, this is quickly becoming a garbage draft. A bunch of no defense bigs, a couple overrated slow initiators, a broken down Charlie Villanueva without alopecia, and too many damn 6'4 shooting guards.

Yeah I think 2018 might be a pretty weak draft. None of the top guys came in and really lit the world on fire...just Trae. There's going to be a lot of growing pains for every top guy.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

I think the bigs in this draft will be special tbh
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Yeah I think 2018 might be a pretty weak draft. None of the top guys came in and really lit the world on fire...just Trae. There's going to be a lot of growing pains for every top guy.

Agreed. I think the bigs will be special 5 years down the line though. ayton and young might make a quick splash
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

It feels very 2011 draft to me. Hopefully there's a Klay, Kawhi, and Jimmy Butler buried among all the 2018 draft perimeter players because the lottery may disappoint.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Tue May 22, 2018 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

There are enough of them that 2-3 are bound to hit.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

There are enough of them that 2-3 are bound to hit.

And those 2-3 will be Ayton, Bagley, and Robinson(if the Lakers take him).

i kid
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
conspiracy theory LG is the best LG

It's all a plot to end up with Bamba, obviously.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
conspiracy theory LG is the best LG

It's all a plot to end up with Bamba, obviously.

Mo Bamba? More like Mo Busta! That guy should fall out of the first round.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

UCLA sauces intimating that Kris Wilkes and Jaylen Hands could stay in the draft regardless of front office projections. Wilkes could be an interesting developmental project at #47 and Hands could earn a two-way contract.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

UCLA sauces intimating that Kris Wilkes and Jaylen Hands could stay in the draft regardless of front office projections. Wilkes could be an interesting developmental project at #47 and Hands could earn a two-way contract.

I like Alford more than most and have defended him but he must be horrible to play for. He can’t even get fringe 2nd round guys to stay let alone fringe 1st round guys. Holiday is pretty much the only NBA caliber guy to stick around.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

I like Wilkes, he might turn into an Aries type. Never guys are anywhere near first round talent but at 47 I think it could be worth a shot.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:

I like Wilkes, he might turn into an Aries type. Never guys are anywhere near first round talent but at 47 I think it could be worth a shot.

u having a stroke bro? someone call 911
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

u having a stroke bro? someone call 911

Hahaha. On my phone and doing too many things at once.

Just saying that Wilkes could be another ariza type but certainly neither Wilkes or hands are first rounders at this point.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Hands was disappointing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 232, 233, 234 ... 492, 493, 494  Next
Page 233 of 494
Jump to: