***OFFICIAL 2018 NBA PLAYOFFS GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 429, 430, 431 ... 638, 639, 640  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Y’all are hating on the Warriors and Draymond... anybody wanna mention the refs handing the game to the Rockets? Those calls were pitiful.

CP3 6-19
Harden 5-21 including 0-11 from threes

Refs would have to work extra, extra, extra hard to help the Rockets, but they didn't need to. The Warriors contributed with their gazillion turnovers.

Anyway, expect the Warriors to get the same home court treatment in game 6. This is going 7, CP3 should sit out game 6 to get ready for 7.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Where are all the people that were saying this Warriors team is better than the 90s Bulls and early 2000 Lakers? They haven't even won a back to back championship and these people were crowning them the best nba team ever. What a joke.
(I don't mean the people on this forum. I have been listening to a lot of talk radio lately and that is where I have been hearing this).

Those 3-peats were hard....A lot of talk by teams that haven't done it.

The Spurs never even won twice in a row despite all the success they had.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Marc J. Spears
@MarcJSpearsESPN
29m

Just saw injured Rockets guard Chris Paul jump into a Maybach outside the Toyota Center and he said: “I will be all right.” I next asked about Game 6, Paul said: “Oh yeah,” before being whisked away.

What did he expect CP3 to say? "Nah, I'm done"?

Look at the moments after he was injured, he couldn't even run up the court. I will be praying that he is OK and is able to play, because damn it I am sick of the warriors! GO HOUSTON
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

If the refs favored Houston so much then why did they call that foul on Ariza when he was guarding Durant? That was a horrible call.

They also took away an earlier basket from CP3 when they realized he still had the ball with zero on the shot clock.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
Man I really hope CP3 is OK... He CARRIED tonight. Winning a championship would so mean so much to him and to the city.

How are these damn warriors so fortunate?!??!?!!?!?!?

Screw the Rockets and screw Houston, they already tried the bleeding heart hurricane tributes for the Astros last year not only against the Yankees but against the Dodgers as well.
Seriously, this feels like a "curb your enthusiasm" bit... how long do we have to honor people that decided to buy or build homes in an area known for hurricanes?
Like, it's nuts... who cares if CP3 wins or not? barkley, Ewing, Wilkins the list goes on... some people just don't win titles who cares about a guy who besides being a good player is known for being one of the biggest floppers, one of the whiniest players that complains and barks at teammates so much Deandre Jordan said : "screw it, I'm going to the mavs"???
He makes MILLIONS of dollars, he will be just fine if he doesn't win...I'm not saying it's rigged but is it worth the NBA's reputation to try and make sure whiny avery Johnson part deux gets a ring?!?

Last edited by eddiejonze on Fri May 25, 2018 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
Man I really hope CP3 is OK... He CARRIED tonight. Winning a championship would so mean so much to him and to the city.

Screw the Rockets and screw Houston, they already tried the bleeding heart hurricane tributes for the Astros last year not only against the Yankees but against the Dodgers as well.
Seriously, this feels like a "curb your enthusiasm" bit... how long do we have to honor people that decided to buy or build homes in an area known for hurricanes?
Like, it's nuts... who cares if CP3 wins or not? barkley, Ewing, Wilkins the list goes on... some people just don't win titles who cares about a guy who besides being a good player is known for being one of the biggest floppers, one of the whiniest players that complains and barks at teammates so much Deandre Jordan said : "screw it, I'm going to the mavs"???
He makes MILLIONS of dollars, he will be just fine if he doesn't win...I'm not saying it's rigged but is it worth the NBA's reputation to try and make sure whiny avery bradley part deux gets a ring?!?

Wow the hate is strong. We all hated the veto, and I hate hypocrisy even more. Anyway, he's not on the level of MJ, Kobe, LJ, and you're right, many greats have not won rings. So I'm not sure why you need to lay the groundwork for this ridiculous conspiracy. Already wanting to take credit away from him in case he wins. Ridiculous. Save your venom for a team who won 73 games then added Kevin Durant. Also, they would pull more ratings in the finals than the Rockets, so I'm not sure what you're spewing about. Maybe Lebron can join the Warriors when they fall short.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:

He makes MILLIONS of dollars, he will be just fine if he doesn't win...I'm not saying it's rigged but is it worth the NBA's reputation to try and make sure whiny avery Johnson part deux gets a ring?!?

Wow the hate is strong. We all hated the veto, and I hate hypocrisy even more. Anyway, he's not on the level of MJ, Kobe, LJ, and you're right, many greats have not won rings. So I'm not sure why you need to lay the groundwork for this ridiculous conspiracy. Already wanting to take credit away from him in case he wins. Ridiculous. Save your venom for a team who won 73 games then added Kevin Durant. Also, they would pull more ratings in the finals than the Rockets, so I'm not sure what you're spewing about. Maybe Lebron can join the Warriors when they fall short.

Double wow on your obtuse observations, I don't get how you gleaned that from my post at all , its almost like you read a second page on your commodore computer split screen with a subject like "botany for dummies" and just happened to respond to the wrong forum.

"Wanting to take credit away if he wins"? nah chief, I just don't care either way. See- I appreciate tough guys like kobe, and personally like, vomit in my mouth a little bit every time Harden Or Cp-me flop and embellish for the refs... it's embarrassing and soft and Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kob etc would talk so much ISH to CP-me if he whined and flopped back in the 90's with that soft embarrassing crap. THAT'S who I'll save my venom for, and frankly I got venom for any weak ass defender of said embarrassing flopper type players. Maybe you would be better off being a fan of Fencing or cricket where Embellishing drama is the norm.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject:

Is it just me or this basketball right now is so bad and annoying. Basically its just competition in shooting threes from anywhere on the court. The players are taking really bad contested shots and from it is kind of stupid. Like I am watching another game comparing to 10-15 years ago. For my point of view it is another game just called basketball. Also soft as hell.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Is it just me or this basketball right now is so bad and annoying. Basically its just competition in shooting threes from anywhere on the court. The players are taking really bad contested shots and from it is kind of stupid. Like I am watching another game comparing to 10-15 years ago. For my point of view it is another game just called basketball. Also soft as hell.

Yep, it’s been like this for a while now, that’s why I’ve lost interest in nba in recent years, Lakers’ struggling help a bit too.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

Yeah, it’s like watching 90s bball, iso vs iso (I guess that’s how you neutralize 4 allstars vs 2 allstars... only 1 ball at a time) but minimal doubling and push the midrange shots to 3 pointers... this is Houston bball, D’Antoni outsmarting Kerr the last 2 games
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

This era of chucking from 3 has been hard to watch. Whenever they throw up bricks on telecasts, there's a more noticeable audible "clank" which is both comical and sad. Har_en going 0-20 from downtown since Game 4 isn't helping the overall enjoyment of the game.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

If rox beat gsw = death of super teams imo. Which is a good thing. Deep teams could be the new super team.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Yep, it’s been like this for a while now, that’s why I’ve lost interest in nba in recent years, Lakers’ struggling help a bit too.

Agreed

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:

How long will we have to care about people who bought homes on fault lines, in wildfire areas, landslide areas, flood zones, drought prone areas, or near volcanos? Most of the world is prone to disaster.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Agreed

Actually glad to hear that . I am not the only one in that case . I spoke with some friends and they love to watch Rockets. I mean wtf. Hope that Luke will not go to this direction because you can succeed differently I am sure.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Y’all are hating on the Warriors and Draymond... anybody wanna mention the refs handing the game to the Rockets? Those calls were pitiful.

CP3 6-19
Harden 5-21 including 0-11 from threes

Refs would have to work extra, extra, extra hard to help the Rockets, but they didn't need to. The Warriors contributed with their gazillion turnovers.

Anyway, expect the Warriors to get the same home court treatment in game 6. This is going 7, CP3 should sit out game 6 to get ready for 7.

They did need to, and they did. I’m not even sure what the final call was but in a critical possession, harden dropped his shoulder into Klay, took 3 steps after picking up his dribble, dribbled it again and somehow the Rockets get the ball back.

I’m not sure if the NBA thinks it’s good for publicity to have Hardens whining and flailing be rewarded, but it’s seriously affecting the quality of the game. I was watching the game with mostly people who hate the Warriors, and even they were mad the Rockets won. They did not deserve to win despite the TOs.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
If rox beat gsw = death of super teams imo. Which is a good thing. Deep teams could be the new super team.

I mean you still need 2 hall of famers ...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahon

"Not good," a Rockets source replied to a text asking about Chris Paul (hamstring) feels this morning.

Yep.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Shams Charania @ShamsCharania 4m4 minutes ago

Rockets star Chris Paul will miss Game 6 of West Finals with a hamstring strain.

Yep.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

@basketballtalk

Quote:
Report: Chris Paul’s hamstring injury ‘not good’

Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Not surprised... I watch a lot of Premier League soccer and when someone pulls a hamstring, they are usually out for weeks not days.

I hope somehow the Rockets can pull off a miracle though... all it would take is for Harden to have a monster game and they might be able to steal one.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

If the Rockets make it to the finals without CP3 they won't beat any team coming out of the east.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
If the Rockets make it to the finals without CP3 they won't beat any team coming out of the east.

I don't care... I don't want the Celtics winning again... but I really don't like the Warriors getting Durant because it was bad for basketball.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Not surprised... I watch a lot of Premier League soccer and when someone pulls a hamstring, they are usually out for weeks not days.

I hope somehow the Rockets can pull off a miracle though... all it would take is for Harden to have a monster game and they might be able to steal one.

The thing is, is that when he has those monster games against the warriors it usually ends up in a loss. It’s all about Houston’s role players now
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

The thing is, is that when he has those monster games against the warriors it usually ends up in a loss. It’s all about Houston’s role players now

Oh, I agree the role players deserve the credit... Harden has been a disgrace the last six quarters.

I'm only saying the role players will need that scoring to offset the loss of CP3
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 429, 430, 431 ... 638, 639, 640  Next
Page 430 of 640
Jump to: