LaVar Ball = Locked Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
When he first came [to the Lakers], he never got hurt. He was never hurt.”

What is he talking about? He got hurt at UCLA. LaVar even used the injury excuse to explain away the loss to North Carolina.

They also play a lot more games in the NBA than they play in college or high school and Lonzo plays against bigger/quicker guys so of course his chances of getting injured are higher.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Lavar Ball is almost starting to remind me of a certain politician who keeps throwing shade at people on Twitter who doesn't automatically love him or agree with him.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

DrumR wrote:
RG73 wrote:
rebirth wrote:
but at some point you have to be your own man and stop letting daddy speak on your behalf, especially if his comments are not reflective of how you feel or see it.

I can ignore the Lavar sideshow, but yes, at some point Lonzo needs to tell the old man to shut the hell up. He's a professional now with a job and he needs to act like it. You can't bring daddy with you to any other job and have him trash your bosses or tell you how to do your job, and Lonzo is, as far as I'm aware, the only guy who lets his dad dictate his job duties to him publicly over the team. It's just unprofessional of Lonzo at this point to allow this to continue. Lavar can give him advice privately--that's fine. But be a grown up and tell him to keep his damn mouth shut in public when it comes to your job.

How do you know he hasn't privately told his dad that. It's his dad. How many bombastic dads let their children tell them what to do. Lavar considers himself an overnight celebrity. God couldn't make dude shut up . He's gonna talk as long as the media gives him a platform and that IS NOT a 19 year old kids fault. That's ridiculous. Kobe couldn't even stop his family from doing dumb stuff. Expectations are absurd.

he may have but maybe he needs to do it publicly in the same way his dad blast the lakers. I honestly think once Zo does it publicly the media would stop giving him the platform and that would pretty much dis credit his dad.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

Funny anyone who ever played basketball gets injured more so in a very competitive environment where u have to give it your all. Didnt he injured himself in the summer league, was that pre or post Gunnar.

Even if it’s post Gunnar, doubt he was there training him when summer league started early July and just weeks after draft
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:
DrumR wrote:
RG73 wrote:
rebirth wrote:
but at some point you have to be your own man and stop letting daddy speak on your behalf, especially if his comments are not reflective of how you feel or see it.

I can ignore the Lavar sideshow, but yes, at some point Lonzo needs to tell the old man to shut the hell up. He's a professional now with a job and he needs to act like it. You can't bring daddy with you to any other job and have him trash your bosses or tell you how to do your job, and Lonzo is, as far as I'm aware, the only guy who lets his dad dictate his job duties to him publicly over the team. It's just unprofessional of Lonzo at this point to allow this to continue. Lavar can give him advice privately--that's fine. But be a grown up and tell him to keep his damn mouth shut in public when it comes to your job.

How do you know he hasn't privately told his dad that. It's his dad. How many bombastic dads let their children tell them what to do. Lavar considers himself an overnight celebrity. God couldn't make dude shut up . He's gonna talk as long as the media gives him a platform and that IS NOT a 19 year old kids fault. That's ridiculous. Kobe couldn't even stop his family from doing dumb stuff. Expectations are absurd.

he may have but maybe he needs to do it publicly in the same way his dad blast the lakers. I honestly think once Zo does it publicly the media would stop giving him the platform and that would pretty much dis credit his dad.

Lavar has wanted from day 1 for his meal ticket to be a beta who would never go against his wishes. I would be shocked if the day ever comes when Zo speaks against his dad publicly. It would be a very pleasant surprise imo.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

Last I heard, Lavar Ball wasn't a Laker. Feel free to post the Lavar stuff in the off topic forum. Once or if LONZO Ball says something, you know, the guy that actually plays for our team. then that can be posted in the lounge.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: