OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1068, 1069, 1070 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
I could be wrong, but I don’t think Kobe really wants to be out there at four in the morning anymore.

Omar I still see Kobe now and then at Equinox. He’s there well before 5am. Often times I’m coming in at 7ish and he’s leaving.

Last interview I saw with him agrees with this. Dude still only sleeps a few hours a day.

I have no clue about the dynamics of him/BI working out but I thought I’d add that
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

I much rather have BI work with Stackhouse then Kobe, especially considering that both have history with each other.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I could be wrong, but I don’t think Kobe really wants to be out there at four in the morning anymore.

Quote:
"Text at 3 in the morning, and he responds a minute later," said Mike Repole, founder and chairman at BodyArmor, a sports drink brand that Bryant invested in in 2014. "That's when I realized he was as psychotic as I was. I don't think either of us sleep."

Kobe's definitely still up.

Particularly as it comes to his business practices where he'll be up texting, messaging executives throughout all hours of the night, and working out is still something he sticks with in those hours, as he said if he gets lazy off that schedule, one day will become two, will become three, will become four.

That obsessive nature is what made him Kobe.

I do remember him also saying as far as reaching out that they could just text him and mentioned the hour when he talked about where they'd drive out to to work out, but I can't find it anywhere sadly.

But yeah, Kobe obsessively sticks to the schedule and seems to have a mentality of not falling out of it.

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Omar I still see Kobe now and then at Equinox. He’s there well before 5am. Often times I’m coming in at 7ish and he’s leaving.

Not surprising. That's why he's Kobe. And continues to be.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Brandon could pick up some valuable lessons from the mamba... particularly as it pertains to footwork and pulling up from dribble penetration.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
Brandon could pick up some valuable lessons from the mamba... particularly as it pertains to footwork and pulling up from dribble penetration.

I think the footwork could benefit both Ingram and Lonzo tremendously.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

There was this one time I was talking to this coffee shop owner near the Equinox and he said he was there around 5am and setting up business for the day. He wasn’t open yet but he saw Kobe knocking at the door. He said he normally doesn’t open that early but it was the Black Mamba so of course he had to make an exception. He told me he was a huge Lakers fan so he opened the door and made coffee for Kobe.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject:

All I'm saying is its May. Kuzma SAID he was gonna and it hasn't happened yet. Perhaps Kobe is actually busy. He only works with guys for a few days anyway. They take what he gives them and work on it on their own. I'm just stoked Brandon seems to be extremely proactive about getting better. Can we all agree there?
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

BI does not need to work out with Kobe to be a better player. I'm sure he would love to have the chance, but it hasn't worked out yet. Maybe that's BI, maybe it's Kobe. No one on this board knows. It's not some holy grail that would change everything. If you think it is, I think you are fan-boying a bit too much. BI has been, by all accounts, working hard on his game since he arrived here. No reason to hate on him because he is busy working hard somewhere else.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Hopefully they will both have some lessons with the master at some point. But it's a long summer and they're both 20 years old. If I were BI, I would not want to train with Kobe until my footwork was already pretty well refined. Working with Kobe seems more like a Master class, once many of the fundamentals are already perfected.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
MJST wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Hopefully they will both have some lessons with the master at some point. But it's a long summer and they're both 20 years old. If I were BI, I would not want to train with Kobe until my footwork was already pretty well refined. Working with Kobe seems more like a Master class, once many of the fundamentals are already perfected.

Good point. Maybe give it another year. BI is still 20 so he's got time on his side.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Nick Young is that guy at work that tells a joke and then laughs at his own joke thereby making you have to pity laugh at his non-funny joke.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Nick Young is that guy at work that tells a joke and then laughs at his own joke thereby making you have to pity laugh at his non-funny joke.

And the jokes on me. Playoff thread is ^ there
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

And the jokes on me. Playoff thread is ^ there

Get thee out of here!
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Why can't people wrap their heads around the idea that the best ones to do it aren't necessarily the best ones to teach it?

The best type of knowledge that a guy like Kobe can impart is advice on the mental aspect of the game and preparation. When he was still playing, working out with him and observing his day to day work ethic and watching him live in the gym would serve as an inspiring reference point... but retired Kobe isn't going to do that for anyone. The best he can do is talk to them and say stay in the gym, and if you can't do that without being shown, you're not worthy of my attention anyway.

Kobe was one of the greatest to ever play. That was his specialty; playing basketball. Trainers specialize in helping players get better. Teaching is their specialty. Just because someone was better at playing basketball doesn't mean they'd be better at teaching it. For the same reason that the greatest players don't make the best coaches or executives, they also don't necessarily make the best trainers. So chillax with the "omg he hasn't worked out with Kobe, what's wrong with him" talk. Almost all of those "X player worked out with Kobe last summer rumors" end up being (bleep) anyway

Last year BI locked himself in the Lakers' training facility all summer, and what he learned is that he needed to get out and train smarter. He's literally travelling the country looking for the best trainers in the world, and all some of you guys can say is "he's not working out with Kobe, what's wrong with him"? lol
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I much rather have BI work with Stackhouse then Kobe, especially considering that both have history with each other.

LOL NO, are you serious? You rather have BI train with Stackhouse than arguably the greatest Laker of all time?
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

Indeed, why would you have a player that in his prime(Stack) who routinely got beaten by a HS Kobe during pick-ups and 1on1s be your preferred trainer in this case?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:
Indeed, why would you have a player that in his prime(Stack) who routinely got beaten by a HS Kobe during pick-ups and 1on1s be your preferred trainer in this case?

Maybe b/c Kobe is a busy man who can at best, give BI a few hours compared to Stack who lives closer to BI and has more time?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PrplReign wrote:

Maybe b/c Kobe is a busy man who can at best, give BI a few hours compared to Stack who lives closer to BI and has more time?

Pffff logical statements aren’t welcome here.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PrplReign wrote:

Pffff logical statements aren’t welcome here.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Grayson Allen says BI looks much stronger now

oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

LOL NO, are you serious? You rather have BI train with Stackhouse than arguably the greatest Laker of all time?

I thought BI had experience working with Stackhouse from his AAU days? If you want someone to help BI with his footwork, there probably isn't anyone better than Kobe because he is meticulous about it. As far as build his repetoire of moves, definitely nobody better than Kobe. Look at the tape he made of Tatum, imagine getting that times 10 for Ingram this summer. I really feel the biggest area where he could help Ingram is with building his body over his career, especially how he trained to prevent injury.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Brandon's friend on Twitter says - he's working out with P3 institute and The Skill Factory in Atlanta . P3 is greattt for him , they test your movement w tech and fix/strengthen inefficiencies
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Brandon's friend on Twitter says - he's working out with P3 institute and The Skill Factory in Atlanta . P3 is greattt for him , they test your movement w tech and fix/strengthen inefficiencies

Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Not really new but some time since DLO got trade to now, BI and him unfollowed each other on Insta and Twitter.

They were following each other during their season together and DLO is still following the rest of the guys from that team. This supports my theory that there was some type of bad blood between BI and DLO.

When DLO came to Staples Center BI went hard at him and if I remember correctly there was a moment in the game they were jawing at each other. Also a worlds difference between how much BI calls Lonzo "his point guard" vs. how he was towards DLO.

I wonder if years down the line we ever find out but I think there was some type of bad blood here.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

^That's interesting. First I’ve heard of any of that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1068, 1069, 1070 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1069 of 1885
Jump to: