Man scales building, saves dangling child (He's a illegal immigrant)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Man scales building, saves dangling child (He's a illegal immigrant)

Man, this guy was amazing. He's an illegal immigrant. He wasn't deported, he was made a citizen and given a job. Hmmmmmm??

"Spiderman" who saved child dangling from Paris balcony offered French citizenship by Macron

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

This story seems a little strange to me.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

looks like a hero to me
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

Vin wrote:

What's strange about it?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

Shame an immigrant has to be damn near superhuman to be a “good one”
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Only in America, maybe?

Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Vin wrote:

What's strange about it?

It seems way easyier to break that "wall" often made of glass or plastic that separates balconies than climb that building. A man can brake it with one kick and grab the baby. Secondly how did that baby found himself in that position. Unless the neighbour arrived at the split second at wich he was falling it seems a little unlikely.

Don't know feels a little strange, we'll see though. Regardless it was very brave to climb like that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Vin wrote:

What's strange about it?

It seems way easyier to break that "wall" often made of glass or plastic that separates balconies than climb that building. A man can brake it with one kick and grab the baby. Secondly how did that baby found himself in that position. Unless the neighbour arrived at the split second at wich he was falling it seems a little unlikely.

Don't know feels a little strange, we'll see though. Regardless it was very brave to climb like that.

Don't know the circumstances. Your explanation leaves me with, HUH?

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Only in America, maybe?

The bar is wayyyyy lower here.

I mean, you just need to be born on American soil and voila!
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Vin wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Vin wrote:

What's strange about it?

It's when I heard in the news that the dad was out playing Pokemon Go that I knew something was wrong.

But seriously I've been disappointed with cool stories like this before, and I can't help but think it seems a little fishy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Vin wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Vin wrote:

What's strange about it?

It's when I heard in the news that the dad was out playing Pokemon Go that I knew something was wrong.

But seriously I've been disappointed with cool stories like this before, and I can't help but think it seems a little fishy.

So being disappointed with cool stories before is your reason for "feels a little strange" "seems a little fishy?" oooootay.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Vin wrote:

Seems your concerns were founded. Trump just tweeted that it was all Fake News. Apparently the FBI sent a spy to work with a foreign government just to embarass the administration for it's immigration policies. He's demanded that the DOJ provide him with the real name of Spiderman. Looks like that guy is an agent with the FBI's secret elite Barnum & Bailey division headed up by, yep - Obama.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Vin wrote:

Seems your concerns were founded. Trump just tweeted that it was all Fake News. Apparently the FBI sent a spy to work with a foreign government just to embarass the administration for it's immigration policies. He's demanded that the DOJ provide him with the real name of Spiderman. Looks like that guy is an agent with the FBI's secret elite Barnum & Bailey division headed up by, yep - Obama.

LINK

Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

France is very liberal for giving that guy instant citizenship. Wouldn't happen in the U.S.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Only in America, maybe?

Mow the grass and the snakes will show...
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Only in America, maybe?

that didn't work for the native americans......nor for the japanese americans during wwii
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Vin wrote:

I knew the FBI was involved.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

What kind of father would leave a 4 year old child in an apartment alone to go shopping? Where was the mother?

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

I'm actually in Paris right now and my Airbnb is in this neighborhood.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
What kind of father would leave a 4 year old child in an apartment alone to go shopping? Where was the mother?

The mother was visiting her family at La Réunion a french island in the Indian ocean.

It was definately a mistake to leave a 4 years old alone, especially with the windows open.

So it appears the baby actually fell from the balcony one storie above (i'am not sure this is correct english but you will understand) and found a way to grip himself back where we see him in the video. Pretty miraculous if you ask me. The neighbour holding the baby didn't want to take any chance to try and bring him back on the balcony. He said he had him in a safe position and was talking to him and calming him.

The story appears to be legit so it's cool.

CandyCanes wrote:

Off topic but very curious how much you pay for it and how big it is if you don't mind telling me.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The mother was visiting her family at La Réunion a french island in the Indian ocean.

It was definately a mistake to leave a 4 years old alone, especially with the windows open.

So it appears the baby actually fell from the balcony one storie above (i'am not sure this is correct english but you will understand) and found a way to grip himself back where we see him in the video. Pretty miraculous if you ask me. The neighbour holding the baby didn't want to take any chance to try and bring him back on the balcony. He said he had him in a safe position and was talking to him and calming him.

The story appears to be legit so it's cool.

CandyCanes wrote:

Off topic but very curious how much you pay for it and how big it is if you don't mind telling me.

$73 per night for a ridiculously cramped studio with a sofa bed instead of a real one. There is barely space to move around and the apartment is run down and gross. The area is bad and I've been told not to walk around late at night.

It had a perfect five stars on Airbnb.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
$73 per night for a ridiculously cramped studio with a sofa bed instead of a real one. There is barely space to move around and the apartment is run down and gross. The area is bad and I've been told not to walk around late at night.

Thanks for the info and very sorry to hear that man. Did they have fake pictures of the studio on the website ?

And yeah it's definately not the best area to stay in Paris. How long do you stay ? Woudn't it be worth it to find another one ?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Thanks for the info and very sorry to hear that man. Did they have fake pictures of the studio on the website ?

And yeah it's definately not the best area to stay in Paris. How long do you stay ? Woudn't it be worth it to find another one ?

The pictures aren't exactly fake, but they're taken at certain angles and in ways which misrepresent how the apartment actually looks. I've had this problem multiple times.

I wouldn't get a refund, so I'll just stick it out. I'm really only there to sleep anyway.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject:

One of the downsides of air bnb
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

How are you liking Paris?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: