lmao rockets
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: lmao rockets

LOL

7/44 three pointers, most missed EVER ROFLMAO

carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

JH had just equalized John Starks 0-11 3PT record too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Only saw the first half , did not expect them to forget how to shoot lol
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

They took too many contested shots.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

That's what happens when you don't have another star on the floor in Paul to keep the defense honest. Harden has more space on the floor to operate with Paul out there. I'm not saying they would have won with Paul on the floor, but clearly they would have had a better shot had he been. Really evenly matched teams with Harden and Paul often neutralizing each other, Gordon doing his best Klay imitation, Capela offering similar intangibles/defense as Green and the Rockets having similar or even better depth than Golden State after those top 4 players on the respective teams.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

That's what happens when you don't have another star on the floor in Paul to keep the defense honest. Harden has more space on the floor to operate with Paul out there. I'm not saying they would have won with Paul on the floor, but clearly they would have had a better shot had he been. Really evenly matched teams with Harden and Paul often neutralizing each other, Gordon doing his best Klay imitation, Capela offering similar intangibles/defense as Green and the Rockets having similar or even better depth than Golden State after those top 4 players on the respective teams.

Pretty much agree, but dang, how many times has Chris Paul been injured during the playoffs or end of the season?? I'm not really sure, but it seems like a lot.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject:

Ariza was 0-12 from the floor.

Gerald Green 1-7 from the floor.

Throw in Harden going 12-29 and "only" getting 8 ft attempts and the Rockets fizzled like a dud firecracker.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

Old basketball adage that has been largely forgotten...you live by the jumper, you die by the jumper.

Golden State is an anomaly. They are the only team that I can recall which has ever won titles by going all-out bombs away from 3-pt land, and they not coincidentally have likely the greatest perimeter shooting backcourt in the history of the sport. They are imo the only NBA team I can ever recall seeing that can win a title playing the style of ball they play.

A team like Houston can overwhelm teams consistently during the regular season, no problem there. And perhaps Mike D'Antoni is the spiritual godfather of Steve Kerr. But Kerr has better players. The end.

James Harden has to be one of the most overrated "superstars" I've ever seen. Were it not for the largesse of the zebras, he wouldn't be quite the so-called force that he supposedly is. They constantly and inexplicably reward him for going out of his way to create contact with the defensive man. The defensive man has a right to be on the floor, too, but I guess the NBA doesn't care because Harden is one of their guys. Good for the video gaming sales.

Last night nailed the argument shut afaic. If you're Golden State, fine, jack up the threes with impunity and keep collecting trophies. Everyone else in the league should try to slow the game down, control the paint and try to turn the game into a brutal slog against them. Easier said than done, of course, but it doesn't seem likely that anyone is going to beat GS at their own game. ONE for their last THIRTY from 3-pt land for the Rockets last night. That seems almost impossible.

A child can understand that 3 is more than 2. Same child might also be able to understand that, sadly, the NBA product is rapidly becoming almost boring, something this fan never imagined.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
James Harden has to be one of the most overrated "superstars" I've ever seen. Were it not for the largesse of the zebras, he wouldn't be quite the so-called force that he supposedly is. They constantly and inexplicably reward him for going out of his way to create contact with the defensive man. The defensive man has a right to be on the floor, too, but I guess the NBA doesn't care because Harden is one of their guys. Good for the video gaming sales.

Amen.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject:

I don't think you can rely on CP3 to be healthy enough to stay on the floor in the playoffs. He's been out of the playoffs via injury how many times in the past 3-4 years?
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

I have never seen 2 home teams wet the bed on a Game 7 like Houston and Boston. That was shameful.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
Old basketball adage that has been largely forgotten...you live by the jumper, you die by the jumper.

Golden State is an anomaly. They are the only team that I can recall which has ever won titles by going all-out bombs away from 3-pt land, and they not coincidentally have likely the greatest perimeter shooting backcourt in the history of the sport. They are imo the only NBA team I can ever recall seeing that can win a title playing the style of ball they play.

A team like Houston can overwhelm teams consistently during the regular season, no problem there. And perhaps Mike D'Antoni is the spiritual godfather of Steve Kerr. But Kerr has better players. The end.

Last night nailed the argument shut afaic. If you're Golden State, fine, jack up the threes with impunity and keep collecting trophies. Everyone else in the league should try to slow the game down, control the paint and try to turn the game into a brutal slog against them. Easier said than done, of course, but it doesn't seem likely that anyone is going to beat GS at their own game. ONE for their last THIRTY from 3-pt land for the Rockets last night. That seems almost impossible.

A child can understand that 3 is more than 2. Same child might also be able to understand that, sadly, the NBA product is rapidly becoming almost boring, something this fan never imagined.

No coincidence that this is exactly what Houston did to win games 4 and 5.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

Amen.

Yup. There's no doubt that Harden is talented - great handles, shooting and craftiness. However, he gets a way with so much BS - Ickey shuffle step-back, throwing himself into the defender's space constantly and blatantly traveling on just about every drive where he initiates contact.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't think you can rely on CP3 to be healthy enough to stay on the floor in the playoffs. He's been out of the playoffs via injury how many times in the past 3-4 years?

Can't Play 3 rounds
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

Imo, harden is overrated because he does not perform at his best when the situation gets tightest, which is the separating factor of the true superstars among the superstars. The fact that he’s particularly great at doing something all stars try to do as much as they can (initiate contact and draw foul shots) is not a bug, it’s a feature.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

Houston had a great year
I’ve never been a fan of volume 3 point shooting like that
But it almost did it for them.
Almost.

Interested to see what they do next year.
Same iso ball plus mass 3 point shooting combo just with better role players? Or do they go for a star or big name? Doing latter would make them probably have to cut down on the three pointers.

I can’t love Harden. When you grow up watching Kobe, you are appalled at Harden.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Houston had a great year
Almost.

Same iso ball plus mass 3 point shooting combo just with better role players? Or do they go for a star or big name? Doing latter would make them probably have to cut down on the three pointers.

I can’t love Harden. When you grow up watching Kobe, you are appalled at Harden.

Man how I agree with that!
My GF has a 16 year old son who plays ball and loves Harden. I try, man. I really try hard to watch the Rockets games and not be disgusted, but it just doesn't work.
I just hate his game.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I agree. But those of us who grew up on magic didn’t exactly appreciate the Mj/Kobe model either.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Houston had a great year
Almost.

The Rockets have over $70 million tied up in Harden, Anderson, Gordon, and Tucker next year. CP3 is a UFA and Capela will be an RFA. Re-signing those two right there will like put them near or over the cap and then what's left over for a superstar?

LINK

Morey's always been very creative in making moves happen but adding a superstar in the off-season with those restrictions would be his best move yet IMO. They don't even have any draft picks (2018 1st to Hawks/2nd to Sixers) to sweeten deals and the only young talent they have is Capela.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I agree. But those of us who grew up on magic didn’t exactly appreciate the Mj/Kobe model either.

I appreciate championships no matter what the model is, especially if it’s a Lakers player.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Imo, harden is overrated because he does not perform at his best when the situation gets tightest, which is the separating factor of the true superstars among the superstars. The fact that he’s particularly great at doing something all stars try to do as much as they can (initiate contact and draw foul shots) is not a bug, it’s a feature.

But the biggest reason he doesn’t perform at his best in those situations is because that feature, becomes a bug. Better defenders foul him less and the officiating begins to allow for more contact. What used to be FTs then becomes missed shots and TOs.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Houston had a great year
Almost.

Man how I agree with that!
My GF has a 16 year old son who plays ball and loves Harden. I try, man. I really try hard to watch the Rockets games and not be disgusted, but it just doesn't work.
I just hate his game.

My least favorite player to watch in the NBA.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

I was so elated to watch Mike Dumbtoni fail to get to the Finals yet again. Now go tell Rocket fans to root for another team you maggot.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Until the games get physical and the refs swallow their whistles, at which point this feature turns back into a bug because he frankly looks ridiculous out there when he doesn't get his calls.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

But the biggest reason he doesn’t perform at his best in those situations is because that feature, becomes a bug. Better defenders foul him less and the officiating begins to allow for more contact. What used to be FTs then becomes missed shots and TOs.

Beat me to it. Some of those missed shots are actually comical when he really thinks he's going to get a whistle and doesn't.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: