Bryan Colangelo and his burner Twitter accounts. (Update Colangelo resigns)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Bryan Colangelo and his burner Twitter accounts. (Update Colangelo resigns)

Quote:
In February, The Ringer received an anonymous tip that Bryan Colangelo, the Philadelphia 76ers’ president of basketball operations, had been secretly operating five Twitter accounts.

On Tuesday, May 22, I emailed the Sixers and shared the names of two of the accounts, phila1234567 and Eric jr (I did not disclose our suspicions about the other three accounts, one of which, Still Balling, had been active earlier that day; I did this to see whether the partial disclosure would trigger any changes to the other accounts). On a follow-up call that day, Philadelphia’s media representative told me that he would ask Colangelo whether he had any information about the two accounts.

That afternoon, within hours of the call, all three of the accounts I hadn’t discussed with the team switched from public to private, effectively taking them offline—including one (HonestAbe) that hadn’t been active since December. The Still Balling account, which had been tweeting daily, has not posted since the morning of the 22nd (I had already been following Still Balling with an anonymous account of my own, which allowed me to see activity after it went private). Since I contacted the Sixers, Still Balling has unfollowed 37 accounts with ties to Colangelo, including several of his son’s college basketball teammates, a former coach from his son’s high school, and an account that shares the same name as the agent Warren LeGarie, who has represented Colangelo in the past.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/bryan-colangelo-fake-twitter-accounts-philadelphia-76ers-joel-embiid/3/

Embiid reponds
Quote:
@JoelEmbiid

Joel told me that @samhinkie IS BETTER AND SMARTER THAN YOU @AlVic40117560 #BurnerAccount

-------------------------------
6-7-18 Bryan Colangelo resigns as president of 76ers

Quote:
Philadelphia 76ers president of basketball operations Bryan Colangelo resigned, effective immediately, after his wife admitted operating Twitter accounts that criticized team members and propped up Colangelo, the team announced Thursday.

"I vigorously dispute the allegation that my conduct was in any way reckless" Colangelo said in a statement. "At no point did I ever purposefully or directly share any sensitive, non-public, club-related information with her.

"Her actions were a seriously misguided effort to publicly defend and support me, and while I recognize how inappropriate these actions were, she acted independently and without my knowledge or consent. Further, the content she shared was filled with inaccuracies and conjecture which in no way represent my own views or opinions. While this was obviously a mistake, we are a family and we will work through this together.

"Although I am not directly responsible for the actions, I regret this incident occurred and understand that it has become a distraction for the team. Therefore, the organization and I have mutually agreed to part ways."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23723964/bryan-colangelo-resigns-president-philadelphia-76ers

Last edited by eureca on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Joel bringing nonstop entertainment to the masses lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Holy (bleep) lmao.

This is insane. Dude has more burner accounts than KD.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

So... Was Bryan Colangelo on LG? Maybe he moved on to twitter, but Iml84myd8s' last post on LG sums it up.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=402444
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

They found one of the burners live tweeting about the college games his son plays hoops at.

I’m done. Leaning far towards him being guilty.

Dude tweeted that Embiid is not the future of the franchise so they should exploit him!

That’s definitely a fireable offense to me. Not looking good for Colangelo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

^BC posting medical records isn't going to help matters.

Last edited by K2 on Tue May 29, 2018 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
So... Was Bryan Colangelo on LG? Maybe he moved on to twitter, but Iml84myd8s' last post on LG sums it up.

I’d say it’s possible. Username is suspect as hell
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
K2 wrote:

Seems to be consistent with some of the shenanigans he's been pulling, but after some searches outside of LG, seems to be a random BC fan from OKC.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
22 wrote:
K2 wrote:

Seems to be consistent with some of the shenanigans he's been pulling, but after some searches outside of LG, seems to be a random BC fan from OKC.

Dangit that woulda made it even more comedy lol
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
22 wrote:
K2 wrote:

+ That account has been around since 2005.

As far as the tweets...after browsing the Reddit thread on this, I'm certain they're all Colangelo's. Way too many similarities between all of them.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

^^lol can't imagine the field day the media would have with some quotes that were so pro-Colangelo
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
K2 wrote:
22 wrote:
K2 wrote:

+ That account has been around since 2005.

As far as the tweets...after browsing the Reddit thread on this, I'm certain they're all Colangelo's. Way too many similarities between all of them.

Thanks for looking into this and giving context to all of this, it'd be interesting if the IP was from around Phoenix. He did resign from the Suns in Feb 2006 to become the Raptors President and GM (the exact positions that the user suggested in that thread).

Last edited by K2 on Tue May 29, 2018 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
^^lol can't imagine the field day the media would have with some quotes that were so pro-Colangelo

No kidding. All I know is this...once the totality of the internet decides to turn its attention on you...there's no way to hide the truth. It's impossible.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
K2 wrote:

No kidding. All I know is this...once the totality of the internet decides to turn its attention on you...there's no way to hide the truth. It's impossible.

Yeah, it's a car chase on steroids with everyone after the suspect, it's over.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

DWade and Gabrielle Union tweeting about it now, dude lied about her being in Beijing in the 08 olympics because she brought up Brady not going to the White House for Obama as a counter point to the Warriors not visiting Trump.

This is straight comedy
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
K2 wrote:

Yeah, it's a car chase on steroids with everyone after the suspect, it's over.

That's a brilliant analogy.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject:

It's either Bryan Colangelo or it's Bill Simmons coming up with an elaborate multi year plan on how to take down the Celtics atlantic division rival.

Those are the only explanations I will accept right now.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject:

Embiid to LA in 2023 confirmed
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject:

That Ringer article... that was exhausting! Eventually, I just skimmed for the quotes. What a tool.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject:

Pretty sure it's BC. Bitterness towards Masai Ujiri, throwing Embiid under the bus who was drafted by Hinkie while hyping up Ben who was drafted by BC.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
That Ringer article... that was exhausting! Eventually, I just skimmed for the quotes. What a tool.

This.

I stopped after reading two examples.

So, aside from being exceedingly petty and unprofessional, will someone please show anything he tweeted that was really bad?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

This.

So, aside from being exceedingly petty and unprofessional, will someone please show anything he tweeted that was really bad?

He telegraphed the team’s intentions with regards to the Fultz trade about a month before it happened. He discussed private medical information about his own players, encouraging bloggers to set up interviews with the team to ask about said info. He bashed his own players and talked about who he’d like to trade them for. It’s definitely a firebable offense.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

This.

He telegraphed the team’s intentions with regards to the Fultz trade about a month before it happened. He discussed private medical information about his own players, encouraging bloggers to set up interviews with the team to ask about said info. He bashed his own players and talked about who he’d like to trade them for. It’s definitely a firebable offense.

he said and I quote,"let's exploit him [Embiid]!" because he doesn't view him as a franchise player
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

Isn't anyone going to blame the Russians for this?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

BC was playing checkers, Detrick was playing chess. The checkmate move was at the very beginning, when Detrick contacted them, but didn't mention 3 of the 5 accounts just to see what would happen with those 3. If BC was on his toes, then he should have continued to tweet to form his alibi, since nobody would continue tweeting when being investigated. But suspiciously, the 3 accounts that weren't disclosed by Detrick went dark. Ultimately, even playing it off and continuing to tweet wouldn't work under a real investigation that includes getting IP addresses from Twitter. Unless, he took precautions with VPNS, and other tech masking schemes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: