lmao rockets
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

I was pulling for Mike... but it's too bad he's still the same as he always was. Completely above making any adjustment.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

That was some of the worst basketball I’ve ever witnessed (GSW in the first half, HOU in the second half)

It’s like watching my elementary school nephew play 2k, chuck every 3 at the first attempt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
I was pulling for Mike... but it's too bad he's still the same as he always was. Completely above making any adjustment.

Taking a team they have no business being in the building with to seven?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

I was pulling for Ariza. I will always love that man.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
I was pulling for Ariza. I will always love that man.

Me too, unfortunately he’s now linked with John Starks, who I also really liked.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Seriously.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Here is an amazing stat for game 7 of the Rockets V Warriors:

Rockets total bench scoring: THREE POINTS ( G. Green)
Warriors total bench scoring: SEVEN POINTS ( Livingston 4 Pts, N. Young 3 points)

There are many astounding stats from that game, but this one is pretty shocking.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Did I imply he's not a good coach? He has a good system, but is pretty stubborn about his principles.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I agree. But those of us who grew up on magic didn’t exactly appreciate the Mj/Kobe model either.

And those of us who grew up on Jerry West are, well, old.

Love Magic and Kobe. Too many thrills to count. And Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Pau. I still think Kareem is the GOAT. Bill Walton would have been right up there too if his wheels hadn't been bad. And Bill Russell is a god.

Came to really appreciate and enjoy MJ. Respect the hell out of GS and marvel at the shooting of Curry and Thompson and Durant is all-world.

But Harden? Yes, he can play, but until I see him lead somebody to a title that way, I can't be bothered.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject:

Accidentally left LeBron out of my little screed. He's a monster and a champion. Maybe the greatest athlete in the history of the sport. No real weak spots in his game. If he somehow leads Cleveland over GS in these finals it will be one of the amazing moments in sports.

That said, were he playing in the west, no way he'd be appearing in his 8th finals in a row. My guess is he stays in the east.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
Accidentally left LeBron out of my little screed. He's a monster and a champion. Maybe the greatest athlete in the history of the sport. No real weak spots in his game. If he somehow leads Cleveland over GS in these finals it will be one of the amazing moments in sports.

That said, were he playing in the west, no way he'd be appearing in his 8th finals in a row. My guess is he stays in the east.

Its a David vs Goliath story. He would be automatic GOAT if that were to happen....nevertheless, the deck is so stacked against him and the Cavs that I don't see them winning more than 1 game.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
I have never seen 2 home teams wet the bed on a Game 7 like Houston and Boston. That was shameful.

When the Lakers beat the Kings in game 7 in Sacramento it was the first time in 20 years a road team won a conference finals game 7 on the road.

Two teams did it in one season!
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
Old basketball adage that has been largely forgotten...you live by the jumper, you die by the jumper.

Golden State is an anomaly. They are the only team that I can recall which has ever won titles by going all-out bombs away from 3-pt land, and they not coincidentally have likely the greatest perimeter shooting backcourt in the history of the sport. They are imo the only NBA team I can ever recall seeing that can win a title playing the style of ball they play.

The reason GSW wins playing that way is 1) they have KD to give the ball to in the midpost or to penetrate when they aren't hitting 3s, and 2) they uptempo the game, which allows them to get more good looks from 3-pt range. The 3 ball can't be your only real weapon, like it is for Houston.
Quote:

A team like Houston can overwhelm teams consistently during the regular season, no problem there. And perhaps Mike D'Antoni is the spiritual godfather of Steve Kerr. But Kerr has better players. The end.

James Harden has to be one of the most overrated "superstars" I've ever seen. Were it not for the largesse of the zebras, he wouldn't be quite the so-called force that he supposedly is. They constantly and inexplicably reward him for going out of his way to create contact with the defensive man. The defensive man has a right to be on the floor, too, but I guess the NBA doesn't care because Harden is one of their guys. Good for the video gaming sales.

Last night nailed the argument shut afaic. If you're Golden State, fine, jack up the threes with impunity and keep collecting trophies. Everyone else in the league should try to slow the game down, control the paint and try to turn the game into a brutal slog against them. Easier said than done, of course, but it doesn't seem likely that anyone is going to beat GS at their own game. ONE for their last THIRTY from 3-pt land for the Rockets last night. That seems almost impossible.

A child can understand that 3 is more than 2. Same child might also be able to understand that, sadly, the NBA product is rapidly becoming almost boring, something this fan never imagined.

The thing about slowing down the pace against GSW is, who really has the personnel to win that way these days? Most teams would be better off looking to run when they can against them, but being selective about it, rather than going to the other extreme. I don't know if Houston is better off playing at a slow pace for the whole season. Play uptempo helps you get more good looks from 3 pt range and therefore shoot well from 3 pt range.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I like harden. Wouldn’t have minded him winning. Also dream is one of the best ever. Huge fan

Kaj
Dream
Td
shaq
Elden
Benoit
Etc

My order of bigs
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Outside of Ariza, f' Houston.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
That was some of the worst basketball I’ve ever witnessed (GSW in the first half, HOU in the second half)

It’s like watching my elementary school nephew play 2k, chuck every 3 at the first attempt

Welcome to the next 10 years of NBA basketball.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: