TEDTalk THE BEST TEAMS HAVE THIS SECRET WEAPON

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 37122

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: TEDTalk THE BEST TEAMS HAVE THIS SECRET WEAPON

THE BEST TEAMS HAVE THIS SECRET WEAPON
Adam Grant

https://youtu.be/hPgY45xsGsU

Big stars might get all the attention, but they’re not the reason a team succeeds. Organizational psychologist Adam Grant explains how the real stars — on the court or in the office — have one surprising trait in common
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 19754
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

someone TL:DW
_________________
Lonzo Ball said Kyle Kuzma turned to him when they were down big 20 in the third and said, "I'm about to start going." Lonzo's reply: "All right, I got you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16028

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

*waiting on Ming to remove the entire thread
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 20608

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
someone TL:DW


Yes please. We're left with a cliff hanger by Ming.
But it's not intriguing enough for me to click yet
_________________
👊 Give props to Space Jam 2 👊
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16028

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

TL:DW

Every organization needs a humble leader

Uses Shane Battier when he was brought in to the Heat to help Lebronze and co.
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 2665

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Shane Battier? Really?
_________________
”It is about the greatness of God, not the significance of man. God made man small and the universe big to say something about Himself.”

- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 8279

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Who was ours? D.Fish? Odom?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 2408

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: TEDTalk THE BEST TEAMS HAVE THIS SECRET WEAPON

JUST-MING wrote:
THE BEST TEAMS HAVE THIS SECRET WEAPON
Adam Grant

https://youtu.be/hPgY45xsGsU

Big stars might get all the attention, but they’re not the reason a team succeeds. Organizational psychologist Adam Grant explains how the real stars — on the court or in the office — have one surprising trait in common


I'll finish the sentence.

THE BEST TEAMS HAVE THIS SECRET WEAPON....clutch role players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 2408

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

now to the actual ted talk about battier being one of the first guys to go with the statistics and defensively making guys (like kobe) take shots from places on the court they were not that hot spots. they guy goes on to then say stars would not take the time to do that. not true. there's a guy named kobe bryant that has a show out called detail. he's been doing that his entire career. but on average this is a true statement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 26410

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
now to the actual ted talk about battier being one of the first guys to go with the statistics and defensively making guys (like kobe) take shots from places on the court they were not that hot spots. they guy goes on to then say stars would not take the time to do that. not true. there's a guy named kobe bryant that has a show out called detail. he's been doing that his entire career. but on average this is a true statement.


I do wonder why so many people put up these threads with teaser headlines that don't really say what they were about and don't say what they were about in the summary.

The headline could have been... Clutch role-players are secret to team success.

Then the summary could have been similar to what you just wrote.

Most people won't bother to click if they don't have a sense of what they're clicking on. I know I don't
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 29669
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
now to the actual ted talk about battier being one of the first guys to go with the statistics and defensively making guys (like kobe) take shots from places on the court they were not that hot spots. they guy goes on to then say stars would not take the time to do that. not true. there's a guy named kobe bryant that has a show out called detail. he's been doing that his entire career. but on average this is a true statement.


I do wonder why so many people put up these threads with teaser headlines that don't really say what they were about and don't say what they were about in the summary.

The headline could have been... Clutch role-players are secret to team success.

Then the summary could have been similar to what you just wrote.

Most people won't bother to click if they don't have a sense of what they're clicking on. I know I don't


but you just did by opening this thread
_________________
Purple and Banana
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 20252

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
activeverb wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
now to the actual ted talk about battier being one of the first guys to go with the statistics and defensively making guys (like kobe) take shots from places on the court they were not that hot spots. they guy goes on to then say stars would not take the time to do that. not true. there's a guy named kobe bryant that has a show out called detail. he's been doing that his entire career. but on average this is a true statement.


I do wonder why so many people put up these threads with teaser headlines that don't really say what they were about and don't say what they were about in the summary.

The headline could have been... Clutch role-players are secret to team success.

Then the summary could have been similar to what you just wrote.

Most people won't bother to click if they don't have a sense of what they're clicking on. I know I don't


but you just did by opening this thread


Sure. Because the poster explain the video/article in the first post. In this case, we just got another teaser.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 26410

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
activeverb wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
now to the actual ted talk about battier being one of the first guys to go with the statistics and defensively making guys (like kobe) take shots from places on the court they were not that hot spots. they guy goes on to then say stars would not take the time to do that. not true. there's a guy named kobe bryant that has a show out called detail. he's been doing that his entire career. but on average this is a true statement.


I do wonder why so many people put up these threads with teaser headlines that don't really say what they were about and don't say what they were about in the summary.

The headline could have been... Clutch role-players are secret to team success.

Then the summary could have been similar to what you just wrote.

Most people won't bother to click if they don't have a sense of what they're clicking on. I know I don't


but you just did by opening this thread


I meant if you put up a teaser headline and people look at the thread and your post still doesn't give them a sense of what it's about, they won't bother to click on the link that you include to whatever story you're referencing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 3380
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject:

What this NBA GM does will shock you!

5 unbelievable ways to attract free agents (you won't believe #3!)

How to avoid reaching the salary cap using this simple forgotten trick

What ever happened to these guys? Top 15 superstars who ruined their legacy
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB