Lakers Interested in Doncic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ingram isn’t going anywhere unless we are getting KAT/ Kawhi or Anthony Davis.

Speaking of big, slow, and clueless on defense. Ladies and Gentlemen.... I give you KAT...

Slow? Every time I watched Minnesota play... Towns was always running in transition.

I'm just calling it the way I see it. He has unlimited potential, that's for sure. Maybe it's just Thibs breaking him down mentally and physically. Or maybe he gets the least touches out of Butler and Wiggins, so he's disengaged.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ingram isn’t going anywhere unless we are getting KAT/ Kawhi or Anthony Davis.

Speaking of big, slow, and clueless on defense. Ladies and Gentlemen.... I give you KAT...

Slow? Every time I watched Minnesota play... Towns was always running in transition.

I'm just calling it the way I see it. He has unlimited potential, that's for sure. Maybe it's just Thibs breaking him down mentally and physically. Or maybe he gets the least touches out of Butler and Wiggins, so he's disengaged.

That is it, look at the far cry from Bulls fans, they couldn’t handle Thibs coaching the Bulls cause he was making players tired and caused them to as a result to be disengaged, Thibs likely won’t coach another NBA team if he’s fired... he has to many red flags...
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

KAT played like an unhappy player with his coach last year.

The year before, he was putting up legit defensive numbers.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Lets say, on draft day the Kings agree to a deal that would send Ingram and Deng to Sacramento for Doncic. The Lakers would seriously have to consider taking the deal. Lets say we sign both James and George, Doncic could be utilized as a do everything sixth man and even challenge Ball for the starting point guard spot. If James dont sign with us, Doncic could compete for the starting shooting guard spot with Hart and maybe someone who we sign to a big one year deal, like Reddick.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Mike dropping knowledge....

that’s why if you go to Wolves forums they want Thibs fired as opposed to trading away Towns.... if we have a chance to get a franchise big man... do it... no matter what it takes.... Imagine Towns/LeBron/George.... might as well plan the parade...
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Yeah... that’s why if you go to Wolves forums they want Thibs fired as opposed to trading away Towns.... if we have a chance to get a franchise big man... do it... no matter what it takes.... Imagine Towns/LeBron/George.... might as well plan the parade.
If we were able to add Town before free agent, you would think that it would increase our chances of signing James and George. And, if we dont get James and/or George, at least we would have a franchise
25 and 12 big, that could stretch the floor.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Yeah... that’s why if you go to Wolves forums they want Thibs fired as opposed to trading away Towns.... if we have a chance to get a franchise big man... do it... no matter what it takes.... Imagine Towns/LeBron/George.... might as well plan the parade.
If we were able to add Town before free agent, you would think that it would increase our chances of signing James and George. And, if we dont get James and/or George, at least we would have a franchise

Yep.

You either get LeBron/PG with Towns or you finally have a sure young superstar to build around.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Yep.

You either get LeBron/PG with Towns or you finally have a sure young superstar to build around.
I would definitely try to make an offer for Towns, but I think its unlikely that he is traded, but you never know.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Wondering if its a case of, if the dog doesnt get to eat, he wont guard the house.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

Das wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Shaber wrote:
Whoever is not interested in Doncic must already have an all-star backcourt guaranteed for the next 5 years. Or talk to a psychiatrist.

That said, a reality check is also a useful thing. Do we have any good way of getting Doncic? UNfortunately no. So, it's a pipe dream. Move on.
I could see something happening with Atlanta if Doncic is still on the board. Latest mock draft on NBADraft.Net has Doncic slipping to #5. They have Atlanta taking Jackson at #3. If the Lakers feel strongly about Doncic, maybe they offer Atlanta Ingram and Deng for #3 and #19? Take Doncic with #3 and Robinson with #19.

Youre not gonna get the 3rd pick for Ingram and you want the 19th?

If I could trade Ingram for Doncic, I would. Hes going to have a bigger impact than Ingram.
I agree that Ingram alone wouldn't get the 3rd pick. Not because he won't be better but because teams are always enamored by the unknown and Ingram will be entering the final year of his rookie scale contract.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Lets say, on draft day the Kings agree to a deal that would send Ingram and Deng to Sacramento for Doncic. The Lakers would seriously have to consider taking the deal. Lets say we sign both James and George, Doncic could be utilized as a do everything sixth man and even challenge Ball for the starting point guard spot. If James dont sign with us, Doncic could compete for the starting shooting guard spot with Hart and maybe someone who we sign to a big one year deal, like Reddick.
We can say whatever we want but I don't think it's realistic to swap Ingram/Deng for Doncic (Pick). Look at history of salary dump trades, with the latest one being Mozgov. It was Bad Contract + Positive Asset for Nothing. You can break the deal down into 2 part: (i) what would it take to unload the bad contract and (ii) what would it take to get a top 5 pick.

Another example: Kings dump the salaries Nik Stauskas, Carl Landry, Jason Thompson to the Sixers. The Sixers received the right to swap picks with the Kings (at the Sixers’ discretion) in both 2016 and 2017 and the 2019 first round pick.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

chekmatex4 wrote:
Das wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Shaber wrote:
Whoever is not interested in Doncic must already have an all-star backcourt guaranteed for the next 5 years. Or talk to a psychiatrist.

That said, a reality check is also a useful thing. Do we have any good way of getting Doncic? UNfortunately no. So, it's a pipe dream. Move on.
I could see something happening with Atlanta if Doncic is still on the board. Latest mock draft on NBADraft.Net has Doncic slipping to #5. They have Atlanta taking Jackson at #3. If the Lakers feel strongly about Doncic, maybe they offer Atlanta Ingram and Deng for #3 and #19? Take Doncic with #3 and Robinson with #19.

Youre not gonna get the 3rd pick for Ingram and you want the 19th?

If I could trade Ingram for Doncic, I would. Hes going to have a bigger impact than Ingram.
I agree that Ingram alone wouldn't get the 3rd pick. Not because he won't be better but because teams are always enamored by the unknown and Ingram will be entering the final year of his rookie scale contract.

Ingram’s only played 2 yrs right? How is he entering his final yr?
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

KAT would look nice in P&G
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
What am I missing? It might just be the YouTube video quality, but Doncic looks big and slow to me. He can shoot the three, crossover some chain smoking European dude, and make the occasional uncontested dunk. But does that make him a shoo-in for the best player in the draft? How is he defensively? How about elite court vision? Rebounding? Making teammates better? Etc...

Yes
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Wondering if its a case of, if the dog doesnt get to eat, he wont guard the house.

I don't think so. KAT got his usual touches I think.

More like, excessive practices, beating up the body unnecessarily, etc.

It's strange really, strength and conditioning between the 80s to now. 80s seemed FAR less injury prone, because a lot of guys were basically, a lot lighter. They were more in soccer-shape.

Now, guys are huge, add some vert, add some quickness, get huge real fast, and yet the ACL injuries just ramp up so quickly. Knee injuries. Weird stuff.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Doncic looks so slow to me . I’m trying to buy into hype . I really just don’t see a superstar player .. very skilled tho
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

There is NO NO NO NO way the Wolves would ever trade KAT (I think if you were starting a franchise tomorrow, he would be the #1 pick).
MoriArty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:

if we sign one or more of James / George / Kawhi as projected, Ingram will be superfluous at the 3. He's played SG here and there and positions really aren't as important in the current NBA paradigm, but it would be an odd fit. We also have Kuz in the chamber adding to the forward logjam. I could see Ingram being the key trade piece that nets us Doncic if such a thing were in the cards, which is doubtful. And I would probably be salty about it though it would make sound basketball sense positionally and give us a very solid backcourt for years to come.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject:

I mean if the Lakers could dump deng and get a top 3 pick even if it costs Ingram and pieces of course the Lakers do it, you basically add what is probably a comparable talent while opening up the path for signing 2 max FA

Ball
Doncic
PG - 13
Bron
Lopez

Of course the Lakers would do that, I doubt the Hawks would though
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I honestly think he is a bit overrated.

Talented, but questionable motor.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
Doncic looks so slow to me . I’m trying to buy into hype . I really just don’t see a superstar player .. very skilled tho

It is going back a while, but I would compare him in a lot of ways to a Toni Kukoc.

Not fast or overly athletic, but skilled and long enough to be effective and with a relatively short training curve.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject:

Ohh, The Irony. Last FO didn't trade Deng & BIngram for DCousins and get fired. How you dare to try to trade the untouchable one! Now the New FO is trading Deng & BIngram for Doncic.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
I mean if the Lakers could dump deng and get a top 3 pick even if it costs Ingram and pieces of course the Lakers do it, you basically add what is probably a comparable talent while opening up the path for signing 2 max FA

Ball
Doncic
PG - 13
Bron
Lopez

Deng+ Ingram basically for Doncic and Lopez... Ingram has proven he belongs in the NBA with an upside to boot, we don't even know if Doncic is athletic enough to play wing/guard in the NBA
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

that’s why if you go to Wolves forums they want Thibs fired as opposed to trading away Towns.... if we have a chance to get a franchise big man... do it... no matter what it takes.... Imagine Towns/LeBron/George.... might as well plan the parade...

The coach is far more disposable than a player like KAT. They would fire the coach for sure, if it means saving KAT.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:

Ball
Doncic
PG - 13
Bron
Lopez

All day.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12
Jump to: