ISAIAH THOMAS Official Thread (Shams: Lakers plan to sign 10-Day)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think it's possible that he will only cost a room exception or at most, a 1 year MLE (which we don't have).

Teams will be unlikely to give him a long term deal at big money.

However, if we get LBJ, he is 100% not coming back on this team. If we only get PG13, then we likely keep Deng, re-sign Jules, and IMO we focus the rest of the cap on Brook.

IT would have to take the room exception for 1 year.

That works...!

That's if we get no LBJ. I'm fine with him, assuming he's healthy, returning for a cheap 1 year room exception after we take care of PG/Jules/Brook first.

If PG 13 is the only max FA we sign, it doesn't matter about cap space for Brook and IT. Lakers have their bird rights and can go over if they want.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think it's possible that he will only cost a room exception or at most, a 1 year MLE (which we don't have).

However, if we get LBJ, he is 100% not coming back on this team. If we only get PG13, then we likely keep Deng, re-sign Jules, and IMO we focus the rest of the cap on Brook.

That works...!

That's if we get no LBJ. I'm fine with him, assuming he's healthy, returning for a cheap 1 year room exception after we take care of PG/Jules/Brook first.

If PG 13 is the only max FA we sign, it doesn't matter about cap space for Brook and IT. Lakers have their bird rights and can go over if they want.

If the Lakers sign PG13 and keep Deng, they'll have about $20 mil in cap space. That's enough to keep IT (12.9) but Brook has a huge cap hold, so he'll be renounced. Though if they re-sign him, they'll have his Bird rights next year.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

81 wrote:
PG13 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That works...!

If the Lakers sign PG13 and keep Deng, they'll have about $20 mil in cap space. That's enough to keep IT (12.9) but Brook has a huge cap hold, so he'll be renounced. Though if they re-sign him, they'll have his Bird rights next year.

Thanks!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That works...!

I’d go after other players first. No confidence in his health at all.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

loved his pick and rolls with Julius in the short time he was here. but his defense is too much of a liability, so he really needs to be a beast on offense to make it up. health is also a big concern. 1 year deal in case we miss out on 2 max players is the most i would give him, maybe 1+1 with a team option, but thats it

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
What the....?

https://twitter.com/isaiahthomas/status/1003707585537511424?s=21

Quote:
Let’s do it lol

RT: I’m totally here for @boogiecousins and @isaiahthomas teaming up somewhere this offseason.

IT 100% healthy in a pick and roll with boogie would kill teams.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
What the....?

Quote:
Let’s do it lol

RT: I’m totally here for @boogiecousins and @isaiahthomas teaming up somewhere this offseason.

IT 100% healthy in a pick and roll with boogie would kill teams.

Mainly the one they are on when the ball goes to the other end.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
IT really said the Cavs will get swept while playing a game on @JimmyKimmelLive
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Judah wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
What the....?

Quote:
Let’s do it lol

I mean, he did end it with ”lol.”

yeah...IT is in favor of teaming up with just about anybody at this point I'm sure

An off-season of IT on a bargain(1 year prove yourself), George and Boogie, and stretching Deng, and keeping our young core, would be the perfect off-season for me.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport

Thankfully there is no trivia component to NBA basketball because IT would suck at it.

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Judah wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
What the....?

Quote:
Let’s do it lol

yeah...IT is in favor of teaming up with just about anybody at this point I'm sure

An off-season of IT on a bargain(1 year prove yourself), George and Boogie, and stretching Deng, and keeping our young core, would be the perfect off-season for me.

puff puff pass
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport

Thankfully there is no trivia component to NBA basketball because IT would suck at it.

not the sharpest crayon in the box
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject:

Obviously, we all want a super team to compete for a championship next year. I do not think it will happen. If it does not, there are so many moving parts and many paths we could take this off season. I would be OK If we signed Boogie and IT combined for about 25-28 (which I doubt they would accept) on a 2 year contract with a team option for the 2nd year. We stretch Deng and the possibility remains that we can resign JR (less than 20) and get PG (might have to take a slight haircut) in tow. There is really no down side. IT and Boogie are max players without the injuries. If they suck, we opt out. If either one of them come back from their injuries, we opt in and we get a max type player on the cheap.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject:

I'd rather not bring IT back, he served his purpose. He's basically a short 2 guard, when healthy obviously a great scorer, but at this point in his career and with his health, I'd rather give more time to Hart and his all around game, because even a slight dip in his mobility and athleticism IT is going to struggle big time.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Obviously, we all want a super team to compete for a championship next year. I do not think it will happen. If it does not, there are so many moving parts and many paths we could take this off season. I would be OK If we signed Boogie and IT combined for about 25-28 (which I doubt they would accept) on a 2 year contract with a team option for the 2nd year. We stretch Deng and the possibility remains that we can resign JR (less than 20) and get PG (might have to take a slight haircut) in tow. There is really no down side. IT and Boogie are max players without the injuries. If they suck, we opt out. If either one of them come back from their injuries, we opt in and we get a max type player on the cheap.

It certainly wouldn't be the outcome we were all hoping for heading into t he summer, but this type of thing could happen.

I am not a big Boogie Cousins guy, his teams seem to play better without him or when he is gone.

IT is interesting, but to me is too much of a defensive liability for where we need to go. But at the right price (cheap) I would look at him.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

81 wrote:
PG13 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That works...!

Maybe Houston let Cp3 walk and sign it and bron
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
81 wrote:
PG13 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That works...!

Maybe Houston let Cp3 walk and sign it and bron

They would still have to get rid of more salary to sign Bron.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Judah wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
What the....?

Quote:
Let’s do it lol

puff puff pass

Stretching Deng so about $64mil ish in space? $30 goes to PG13 and what, like $10mil each for the other 3?
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Judah wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
What the....?

Quote:
Let’s do it lol

Why Boogie? We have no idea what kind of player he'll be post-injury. He's going to struggle a lot next season IMO.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
loved his pick and rolls with Julius in the short time he was here. but his defense is too much of a liability, so he really needs to be a beast on offense to make it up. health is also a big concern. 1 year deal in case we miss out on 2 max players is the most i would give him, maybe 1+1 with a team option, but thats it

I would go after Nwaba over IT. We need a strong defensive guard and he actually started hit 3's with the bulls.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

I would go after Nwaba over IT. We need a strong defensive guard and he actually started hit 3's with the bulls.

Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

He shot about two attempts for every three games.

It doesn't have to be IT but we need offense.

We already have Lonzo and Hart for defense... PG too probably

We need scorers and shooters. Look at our lineup... look at GSWs and ask yourself do we need more defense or offense?

This is like building bunkers in StarCraft with no riflemen to put inside them.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

We need scorers and shooters. Look at our lineup... look at GSWs and ask yourself do we need more defense or offense?

for me it's never offense at the cost of defense
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

I get that defense is important but we will already be able to put up a lineup of Ball/Hart/PG/Ingram/Randle for defense.

GSW has at least six people who can shoot us out of a game at any time.

We aren't going to catch up to them... but we can at least add some offensive weapons to close the gap.

Signing Nwaba just doesn't make any sense for this team unless Ball starts shooting close to 60% TS.

We need offense. If you don't like IT... then find someone similar who can play defense.

It's unimaginable that Nwaba will be able to produce the kind of firepower this team will need to compete with Mitchell and Rubio... let alone Steph and Klay.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

I get that defense is important but we will already be able to put up a lineup of Ball/Hart/PG/Ingram/Randle for defense.

GSW has at least six people who can shoot us out of a game at any time.

We aren't going to catch up to them... but we can at least add some offensive weapons to close the gap.

Signing Nwaba just doesn't make any sense for this team unless Ball starts shooting close to 60% TS.

We need offense. If you don't like IT... then find someone similar who can play defense.

It's unimaginable that Nwaba will be able to produce the kind of firepower this team will need to compete with Mitchell and Rubio... let alone Steph and Klay.

I'm not against IT for a season but he wouldn't play for the 6 mil or less I would be willing to offer
With Nwaba the money is more of an investment than an IT impulse buy
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 93 of 102
Jump to: