If George and James comes, who do you keep?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fusuyballer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: If George and James comes, who do you keep?

Keepers:

Ball - love his length - needs to improve j of course

Hart - solid and can start at the 2

Kuzma - solid offensive player ...will get better. (reminds me of a young robert horry)

Zubac -- he's actually getting better. solid backup for the price.

Thomas Bryant - maybe back as well.

If we do a sign and trade for Lebron, who do we give up -- Brandon Ingram or Julius Randle? Do we have to part with either one? (someone explains this cap situation to me if you feel like it)

This is a hard one for me because Ingram length on Kevin Durant is just a joy to watch. However, in the long run (because of BI injury-prone body and overall impact on the game) I think Julius Randle is more valuable...no matter how many detractors he has.

However, if it fits caps wise (i would prefer we keep Randle)...his ability to score down-low and just finish strong, I love it. I think he'll definitely be an asset to this team.

Imagine a roster of:

Lonzo Ball
Paul George
Lebron James
Julius Randle
Thomas Bryant or
Ivica Zubac

Then you have a bench of:

Josh Hart
Kyle Kuzma

We could then use BI and Deng to add quality bench players or fill holes in our starting 5.

What say you?

Btw, I'm not saying we should just get rid of BI, but right now, my preference is to keep Randle if it comes down to it. What do you guys say though, this whole thing is curious to me.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

Is Randle tradeable as a RFA?

I think Maginka's work is ordered thusly:

1 - Do everything you can to sign LeBron.
2 - Do everything you can to sign George
3 - Do everything you can to move Deng for picks
4 - Sign Randle

If they accomplish those four things, this will be one of the greatest offseasons ever (yes, I know what happened on July 9, 1968, on June 16, 1975, on draft day, 1979 and in the summer of 1996).

Even if they just do the first 2, they then set themselves up to then move Deng the following season and go after Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

Randle
Kuzma
Ingram
Ball
Hart

B.Lopez if he wants to return for room excpetion
C.Frye
1 of T.Bryant/Zu (dependant on if we need the cap space and who we draft)
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

There is no need to trade BI, and he will end the discussion of whether he's more valuable than Randle this season. Keep everyone if you can! If not, trade Randle with Deng.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

Lonzo, Randle and Kuz are at the top of the list for me because they would really complement Lebron and PG13 well. I'd love to hold onto Hart as well. I love how much BI improved this past season, but he's the most expendable to me because he replicates much of what Lebron and PG13 already do at a higher level.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

Lonzo Randle and Hart are keepers forsure.

I would love to keep BI and Kuz. (BI is my favorite player) But i do think if both come we may need to trade one of em to get rid of deng
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

I would love to keep BI and Kuz. (BI is my favorite player) But i do think if both come we may need to trade one of em to get rid of deng

Not happening. If anyone is traded to sweeten the Deng deal it's Hart plus this years/future picks.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

E=MC² wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Not happening. If anyone is traded to sweeten the Deng deal it's Hart plus this years/future picks.

I hope youre right man! i love both players. I guess it's more of a fear of mine that its something theyll do. And i have a feeling it would be BI cause i think Kuzma is beloved by the FO. I hope im wrong tho. Love those guys
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

I might be in the minority here but I think that I'd actually prefer to keep Kuz and BI over Lonzo. I think that trading Lonzo could give us the same return that trading both BI/Kuz would.

Lonzo just seems too risky with how many injuries he has/his shot/plus the whole Lavar thing.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I might be in the minority here but I think that I'd actually prefer to keep Kuz and BI over Lonzo. I think that trading Lonzo could give us the same return that trading both BI/Kuz would.

Lonzo just seems too risky with how many injuries he has/his shot/plus the whole Lavar thing.

while i agree, i think trading lonzo this early would be media nightmare for magic. essentially magic would have messed up on his first lottery pick. Also imagine how bad hell look after he spewed all that blasphemy at his press conference saying dont break too many of my records lol
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Lonzo, Randle and Kuz are at the top of the list for me because they would really complement Lebron and PG13 well. I'd love to hold onto Hart as well. I love how much BI improved this past season, but he's the most expendable to me because he replicates much of what Lebron and PG13 already do at a higher level.

I agree with all of this, but 1) the cost of moving Deng to keep Randle will be very high, and 2) having George and Lebron could help supress Ingram's value on his second contract when he could provide the greatest impact per dollar after Lebron retires and George slows down.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

Have we learned nothing?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Have we learned nothing?

someone's gotta be our wiggins
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

We keep everybody!
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:

I agree with all of this, but 1) the cost of moving Deng to keep Randle will be very high, and 2) having George and Lebron could help supress Ingram's value on his second contract when he could provide the greatest impact per dollar after Lebron retires and George slows down.

Good points. I was just expressing who I value most alongside Lebron and PG13.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

Right on. I would move Ingram into a sixth man role if Lebron and George sign on.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
We keep everybody!

Yep.
And then draft Bronny to play with pops in a couple of years?

Lebron
Bronny
Lonzo
Lamelo
Liangelo
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Have we learned nothing?

someone's gotta be our wiggins

Ball is the guy the Lakers overpay? I thought DLo was supposed to be their Wiggins and he gone before he got paid.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

ideally this is the line up

Lonzo
PG13
Ingram
Lebron
Randle

bench : Kuz/Hart/ Zubac/Lopez/Frye/FA shooter/FA shooter
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
There is no need to trade BI, and he will end the discussion of whether he's more valuable than Randle this season. Keep everyone if you can! If not, trade Randle with Deng.
but you're acting like randle has hit his ceiling. we dont know that either.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

Right on. I would move Ingram into a sixth man role if Lebron and George sign on.

Ideally, I'd like to keep all our young guys, but if a 3rd star becomes available (i.e. Kawhi), then I'd understand it if the Lakers moved some young pieces to make it happen.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

Ideally, I'd like to keep all our young guys, but if a 3rd star becomes available (i.e. Kawhi), then I'd understand it if the Lakers moved some young pieces to make it happen.

Agreed.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

Agreed.

If that happens, I just hope we keep 2-3 of our young guys.
LakERIC
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

Ball
PG
Kawhi
Lebron
Lopez

-Keep Lopez, Hart, Kuz, Bryant.
-Sign PG.
-Sign Lebron.
-Let Randle, KCP & IT walk, we trade B Ingram + Deng + Zubac for Kawhi.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Ideally, keep everybody. But lets take our homer head out our ass and face the reality that we may have to give up something to get something. If we are able to commit highway robbery and get to keep everybody, then great. But realistically, we are probably going to have to part with a young player in order to dump Deng. Personally, i would rather include Hart in a deal to dump Deng, but I think we will end up dealing Ingram, but we will get an additional asset back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: