Kobe's New Show Detail on ESPN+
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
yeah, but he'd probably also have the tendency of the greats " why can't you do this??? I could!"

like Magic, Michael, etc.

Megaton wrote:
Kobe if ever wanted to, would make an excellent coach. His IQ is off the charts and his deep analysis for the game separates him from any typical player coach.

The difference with Kobe is that he wouldn't say "why cant you do this?" He would analyze what's wrong and how it can be done better.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
yeah, but he'd probably also have the tendency of the greats " why can't you do this??? I could!"

Megaton wrote:
Kobe if ever wanted to, would make an excellent coach. His IQ is off the charts and his deep analysis for the game separates him from any typical player coach.

The difference with Kobe is that he wouldn't say "why cant you do this?" He would analyze what's wrong and how it can be done better.

I'd actually prefer a coach Kobe with a young development team.
He'd be great at teaching young guys good habits.
But I'm not sure about him helping more experience players break bad habits.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Great stuff..I actually enjoyed the Derozan one more.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

I love Kobe, it’s great insight, but damn it’s boring. I laughed at the preface in the beginning “this is not for entertainment”.
perry731
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
I love Kobe, it’s great insight, but damn it’s boring. I laughed at the preface in the beginning “this is not for entertainment”.

LOL....... agree. But it's good to see Kobe working on something basketball related these days.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:

Boring? I guess that’s subjective but personally I loved it. The content is what is entertaining, I thought it was excellent
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject:

KOBE
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Megaton wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Megaton wrote:

I'd actually prefer a coach Kobe with a young development team.
He'd be great at teaching young guys good habits.
But I'm not sure about him helping more experience players break bad habits.
he has already talked to somewhat experienced players in the nba. they listened and tweaked their games accordingly then saw immediate improvement. thats enough to get a guy to follow you.

The reason kobe could be coach kobe because unlike jordan or bron he was not the most athletic guy in his peer group. there were guys with larger hands, slightly more athletic, longer arms, bigger than kobe was. not so with jordan and his peers. not so with bron and his peers.
even magic at pg was 6'9 like 7 inches taller than everyone else. and could pass like a magician.

Kobe worked so hard on his game and watched so much film from a child to adulthood. he would be the perfect coach. he has his film room down pat, x,'s and o's. while also having the player development at an A+. While also having the in game strategy down pat. while also having the mind games part of the game down pat.

as a coach, there is nothing that kobe is missing.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Lame that it’s on ESPN+. Watched one episode on Youtube, was interesting but poorly structured.

I like LFR breakdowns better in terms of structure.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

3rd episode: Don Mitchell against Houston
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

Yeah, really like the latest episode. Highlights Capela's weakness and how important it is for scorers to get the ball in specific positions on the floor.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Yeah, really like the latest episode. Highlights Capela's weakness and how important it is for scorers to get the ball in specific positions on the floor.

yep.
And how much more effective Gobert can be on offense.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

D.Mitchell should write Kobe a check. You can’t just get that kind of advice for free
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

D.Mitchell should write Kobe a check. You can’t just get that kind of advice for free

Mitchell said he's already watched it twice lol

Smart kid
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

I agree its boring, no flashy animations, music, pauses for a while. But if you're a student of the game and appreciate the detail, then you'll be hooked.
Hellspawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Megaton wrote:

Wouldn't work. His interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence are significantly below even an average level, let alone coach material candidates. Not being a hater, but Kobe led the team because he was obviously one of the greatest players in the league, if not of all time, he led by example through work ethic and competitive fire, his teammates knew he had a great intellectual grasp of the game, and he held his teammates accountable. This is more than many stars in the NBA do to lead their respective teams, but is far, far less that what is required to be an effective coach or leader of people in general. He has the neural wiring and upbringing to be a superstar player; coaching is a different beast.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
la4win wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Smart kid
lol at the entire league sneaking around and going to the basketball whisperer files.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
22 wrote:
la4win wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Smart kid
lol at the entire league sneaking around and going to the basketball whisperer files.

if he needed money he could start a consultant business lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Hellspawn wrote:
Megaton wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Megaton wrote:

Wouldn't work. His interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence are significantly below even an average level, let alone coach material candidates. Not being a hater, but Kobe led the team because he was obviously one of the greatest players in the league, if not of all time, he led by example through work ethic and competitive fire, his teammates knew he had a great intellectual grasp of the game, and he held his teammates accountable. This is more than many stars in the NBA do to lead their respective teams, but is far, far less that what is required to be an effective coach or leader of people in general. He has the neural wiring and upbringing to be a superstar player; coaching is a different beast.
nawww. not buying this.

can kobe be an Ahole? sure. but so can that guy coaching tom brady.

you think phil wasnt an ahole? of course he was.

kobe would give guys specific things to do in order to better themselves right away so they would early on see obvious improvement in their games. this is something most coaches can't do for most of their players. they can give them insight on how to see things that players usually get later on in their careers.

This is why i believe kobe would make a great coach. he could turn a subpar team of young guys into a legit team scrapping at the 8th seed and possibly getting in giving the 1 seed hell. while also asking the hard questions to the supposed superstars on a team he would coach and challenge them to be great. if they fold. time to go upstairs and go get someone who wont fold.

a kobe team would play like him. very hard, would be tough as nails. and would know the DETAIL/Fundamentals of the game better than pretty much any other player in the nba.

Remember kobe has passed some of his knowledge on to kyrie a guy in the finals, IT when he was on his mvp tear, Kawhi, etc. and you immediately noticed their games changed for the better.

he has also talked to young guys like a Kuz and you could see him getting better quicker.
Hellspawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Hellspawn wrote:
Megaton wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Megaton wrote:

nawww. not buying this.

kobe would give guys specific things to do in order to better themselves right away so they would early on see obvious improvement in their games. this is something most coaches can't do for most of their players. they can give them insight on how to see things that players usually get later on in their careers.

This is why i believe kobe would make a great coach. he could turn a subpar team of young guys into a legit team scrapping at the 8th seed and possibly getting in giving the 1 seed hell. while also asking the hard questions to the supposed superstars on a team he would coach and challenge them to be great. if they fold. time to go upstairs and go get someone who wont fold.

a kobe team would play like him. very hard, would be tough as nails. and would know the DETAIL/Fundamentals of the game better than pretty much any other player in the nba.

Remember kobe has passed some of his knowledge on to kyrie a guy in the finals, IT when he was on his mvp tear, Kawhi, etc. and you immediately noticed their games changed for the better.

he has also talked to young guys like a Kuz and you could see him getting better quicker.

Probably going to have to agree to disagree on this, as you seem pretty convinced. And yes, it is very true Phil, and other coaches can be an a-hole just like Kobe. The difference is how the best leaders and coaches can reach the other end of the spectrum, where Kobe cannot reach and is not wired to reach. Understanding X's and O's and telling people what they need to do, even if he is right, is the tiniest of fractions of what leadership is about.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Hellspawn wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Hellspawn wrote:
Megaton wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Megaton wrote:

nawww. not buying this.

Probably going to have to agree to disagree on this, as you seem pretty convinced. And yes, it is very true Phil, and other coaches can be an a-hole just like Kobe. The difference is how the best leaders and coaches can reach the other end of the spectrum, where Kobe cannot reach and is not wired to reach. Understanding X's and O's and telling people what they need to do, even if he is right, is the tiniest of fractions of what leadership is about.

That's rich coming from a person posting anonymously on an internet message board with a screen name Hellspawn. When you become great at anything let us know and then maybe we can take you seriously. For now you have done nothing in this world to validate any of your criticisms
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
la4win wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Smart kid

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject:

He should break down the way he dominated the ball in his last season.

Hard to watch at times, his last game was enjoyable but still a bizarre form of basketball.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
He should break down the way he dominated the ball in his last season.

Hard to watch at times, his last game was enjoyable but still a bizarre form of basketball.
Why would he do that? It's not like that team was going anywhere no matter how he played especially the old man half hurt version of himself.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: