NBPA votes Julius Randle as best team leader
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
What an embarrassing list of awards.

Vince Carter — The NBPA Most Respected Award (influential veteran)

Chicago Bulls: Bobby Portis

Washington Wizards: John Wall

If anyone had any doubts about whether the players are a bunch of twits, this should resolve them.

I haven't heard anything but praise for Vince Carter from his peers. He's willingly taken a vastly reduced role and been a mentor for younger players. I'm not sure how acknowledging that makes anyone a twit.

You definitely have a point with Portis and probably with Wall. But Carter? Come on....
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

If anyone had any doubts about whether the players are a bunch of twits, this should resolve them.

I haven't heard anything but praise for Vince Carter from his peers. He's willingly taken a vastly reduced role and been a mentor for younger players. I'm not sure how acknowledging that makes anyone a twit.

You definitely have a point with Portis and probably with Wall. But Carter? Come on....

I don't agree about Carter, but I'll take 2 out of 3.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

Good (bleep). JR is like BI. He isn't obssesed with doing dumb millennial (bleep) on social media all day long.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

id love Carter here next season

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Hes the most tenured Laker so makes sense he won this honor. Plus hes shown some attributes of a good leader. I still only want him back at a reasonable price. I think his ceiling is 4th best player on a championship team. Can't break the bank for that.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

The weird thing about the player's awards is they give honors for yearly performance (MVP, rookie of the year), but a lot of their stuff seems to be lifetime achievement awards, yet are still given out every year. I mean is there a reason Carter got the award this year as opposed to 1, 3, or 5 years ago? The players awards are pretty wacky, both in how they were conceived and what they award
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:45 am    Post subject:

In other words, the best team leader who is up for free agency, but probably won't get superstar money unless one team overvalues him.

NBPA is doing exactly what it is supposed to.
fusuyballer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject:

People can say what they want about Randle but being an athlete is many things. Talent, intelligence, and will power. Yes, Randle has his shortcomings at times on the court because (like most young people) his ego sometimes hurts his decision making. However, I do not question this man's will. He's a super hard worker and he comes to play!

If I'm in a dog fight, I want this man on my team! We all watched the finals this year and saw many players on the Cavs with zero pride and fight in them, just get run off the court! So, yeah, excuse me if I want a young guy like Randle on my team who is willing to go inside the paint and rebound and play hard as h3ll.

If a coach cannot help a young guy like Randle ( with his athletic talents ) then he's not much of a coach. Look at how Steve Kerr encourages D.Green despite his shortcomings in his attitude or emotions at times. That's what a good coach does.

I think Randle has great upside at his age and with his athletic gifts. Some of his shortcomings (inattention on defense, questionable decisions, attitude) can be mitigated by a good coach -- who can get through to him. Because like D. Green -- I believe J. Randle wants to win and if you ask me he has more talent than D. Green....but he needs a coach to hold him accountable and challenge him to become a more complete/ cerebral basketball player.

#standbyrandlejustneedsgoodcoachingmentorship
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject:

Julius Randle has started to figure things out. That is what young players must do if they are to become really good. Julius is there and expect to see much more out of him in terms of improvement during the next 2 season. At 25 you will probably see a version of what he is as a player. Hope that is with the Lakers.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject:

^^Luke did that and adjusted this year to Randle.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Pay Jules. Get PG. Pass on LBJ.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: