How confident are you that Lebron James will sign with Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Confident are You that Lebron Will Sign with the Lakers this Summer?
Totally Confident
21%
 21%  [ 14 ]
Very Confident
28%
 28%  [ 18 ]
Somewhat Confident
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
Not Confident
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Not Confidental at All (Doubtful)
15%
 15%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 64

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Meh, there’s too many other good options for him. It would surprise me to see him become a Laker. Houston has the big names and almost won without him. Philly has an easier road to the Finals. And becoming a Laker is the hardest road to the Finals because he has to get by GS and Houston to get there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Meh, there’s too many other good options for him. It would surprise me to see him become a Laker. Houston has the big names and almost won without him. Philly has an easier road to the Finals. And becoming a Laker is the hardest road to the Finals because he has to get by GS and Houston to get there.
m
That assumes on court considerations are the only considerations which he said in his press conference are not.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

Unless he wants to play 100% off the ball, how are those good options?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Why can’t he play off the ball more? He would save some energy and start playing some D again. Also increases the chances he stays healthy when he doesn’t have to do as much. His career could last longer.

Philly fans are having this conversation and are convinced he goes there. Same with Houston fans. So I’m not surprised that people here are optimistic. All 3 teams are interesting options.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Why can’t he play off the ball more? He would save some energy and start playing some D again. Also increases the chances he stays healthy when he doesn’t have to do as much. His career could last longer.

Philly fans are having this conversation and are convinced he goes there. Same with Houston fans. So I’m not surprised that people here are optimistic. All 3 teams are interesting options.

Yup. The Lakers do have the advantage of LA though. I also think Nike will push the move to LA and compensate him accordingly.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

10-15% at the moment.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

He can and said he would like to more. I just don't see him wanting to do it exclusively as he would have to with Simmons. Unless you're expecting Ben to suddenly develop a shot outside of 4 feet.

The mesh with Harden is really weird, too.

With Zo it's a no brainer. George and Kuzma are comfortable off the ball as well. The only possible conflict would be Ingram.

Last edited by greenfrog on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

I’ll put it this way. If we took our core and switched cities with the 76ers/Houston he would be joining those teams. I think the city of LA will be our 6th man.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

He can and said he would like to more. I just don't see him wanting to do it exclusively as he would have to with Simmons. Unless you're expecting Ben to suddenly develop a shot outside of 4 feet.

Personality wise I’m not sure of LBJ/Harden either. He’s not for everyone.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Especially after he said he wants to play with high IQ players.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Out of all his options, we make the least amount of sense basketball-wise. I'd be very surprised if he came here. Depends how much he takes his acting and post-basketball priorities seriously.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Out of all his options, we make the least amount of sense basketball-wise. I'd be very surprised if he came here. Depends how much he takes his acting and post-basketball priorities seriously.

Not with PG and that has been the plan for a year now. No one thinks LeBron would come alone.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Especially after he said he wants to play with high IQ players.

Probably everyone seems like a high IQ player after playing with JR Smith.
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject:

I think he goes to San Antonio, they make the most sense.

1. Best Two way player in Leonard entering his prime years.
2. Perhaps still the best coach in the NBA and one he truly respects.
3. Their organization has been the model franchise for the past 15+ years.
4. All their players are high I.Q. types who play defense and shoot the 3 ball well.
5. From optics stand point, going to San Antonio wouldn't be seen as joining a super team (Houston). Less backlash.
6. San Antonio with James would be a hard nosed, very physical unit. Perfectly built to take down the Warriors.

While my dream is for James to come to LA, I'd only give it a 25% chance, too many questions about the franchise. Players and coaching staff might be too young to be title contenders much less handle the pressure of playoff basketball.

My nightmare scenario is James joining the Celtics, a younger athletic version of the San Antonio squad. He goes there, I could easily see a dynasty winning multiple titles and making it impossible of us to catch them.
Jsthornton7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

aiel wrote:
I think he goes to San Antonio, they make the most sense.

1. Best Two way player in Leonard entering his prime years.
2. Perhaps still the best coach in the NBA and one he truly respects.
3. Their organization has been the model franchise for the past 15+ years.
4. All their players are high I.Q. types who play defense and shoot the 3 ball well.
5. From optics stand point, going to San Antonio wouldn't be seen as joining a super team (Houston). Less backlash.
6. San Antonio with James would be a hard nosed, very physical unit. Perfectly built to take down the Warriors.

While my dream is for James to come to LA, I'd only give it a 25% chance, too many questions about the franchise. Players and coaching staff might be too young to be title contenders much less handle the pressure of playoff basketball.

My nightmare scenario is James joining the Celtics, a younger athletic version of the San Antonio squad. He goes there, I could easily see a dynasty winning multiple titles and making it impossible of us to catch them.

I don’t see him joining the Celtics cause Kyrie is there and I don’t think they will trade Kyrie.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

I don't think he will come here UNLESS the Lakers can bring in another potential star as well...
lakersgreat24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: 99.9% sure

I’m 99.9% sure he signs here. I think we get PG and 1 more star with him as well.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Do people really believe he hasn't made a decision on this? He knows he can go to any team he wants and they'll accept him with arms wide open. He knows which teams offer him a real chance to win. Which cities offer him and his family the best opportunities. This decision was made a long time ago. These discussions are all a waste of time.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I don't think he will come here UNLESS the Lakers can bring in another potential star as well...

And that's why every single person has PG coming too.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
10-15% at the moment.

I like that percentage. I voted not very confident because Philadelphia and Houston are stronger win now options. Cleveland too may be hard for him to leave, even if they can't win. LA has a chance but it is just a slim chance.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

I'll say 30% confident

I think the only reason he comes here is for his family

Basketball wise it makes zero sense. Let's face it, we suck compared to Houston.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

I'm not very confident. But I hope he comes.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject:

2 to 1 for
fusuyballer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject:

im some-what confident.

why would LeBron go to the sixers? Simmons cannot shoot that well and needs the ball in his hands. embiid is a walking injury waiting to happen..plus they showed zero heart vs the Celtics. plus, I think LeBron is tired of management that cannot be trusted..this latest scandal with their gm doesn't help.

LeBron going to the spurs. I just don't see it. they have a history of not really paying guys. too much is riding on kwahi's injury and them putting enough around LeBron. market is too small. I don't see it.

Boston is just a pipe dream. Kyrie being there and that whole deal.

The only two scenarios that make sense to me is Houston or LA and I actually think LA should be the favorite.

I think Houston has to do a lot of maneuvering to obtain James and it might just deplete much of their team in the progress. Then, James is depending on a often injured and declining chris paul for the next 2-3 years? Top Heavy all over again.

If I'm James, The Lakers are my best bet, especially if the Lakers can keep most if not all of their young talent.. They have the cap space to acquire Paul George too boot. You need hungry youth to match the energy on both sides of the ball to beat a team like Golden State. If Lebron is smart, he gets with a winner like Magic Johnson ( let Magic bring in George ) and a couple of veterans to fill out the roster and ride these young guns to the promise land.

That's my 2 cent. To me Lebron to LA (considering) everything makes the most sense. I can see Lonzo spotting up wide open from a pass from Lebron now...and I expect Lonzo shot to be better....can't be any worse than Houston missing 20+ straight 3's or all those eggs Kevin Love put up game in and game out from 3.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:

Basketball wise I don’t think it’s the perfect fit for either party (Lebron or the Lakers). He’s long in the tooth and he’s coming into a situation that best case scenario won’t be ready for 3-4 years, I would hate to see him and PG come in, Lebron force us to trade our best young assets for Damian Lillard or something. Then we’d have 2-4 years of possibly doing something while GS is still at their peak.

That being said, all the chatter from him about “family” and the rumors that he’s already enrolled his kids here in school in LA tell a different story. I’d say it’s like 75% for George right now and 50% for Lebron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: