Draymond Green gives credit to a former Laker Great
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Draymond Green gives credit to a former Laker Great

Quote:
WARRIORS defensive linchpin Draymond Green has gone out of his way to shout out the impact Australia’s Andrew Bogut had on his career.

Bogut has been credited with helping to change the culture of a Golden State franchise that had endured years of underperformance when he arrived from Milwaukee in 2012.

Green was drafted by the team a few months afterwards and the 2017 NBA Defensive Player of the Year told Utah Jazz rookie Donovan Mitchell in an interview for ABC in the US the Aussie taught him everything he knew about guarding the post.

“I’ll never forget it,” Green said. “My first day out at Golden State he was teaching me different things you could do that you couldn’t do in college and throughout the course of that year just teaching me positioning.

“I wouldn’t be half the defender I am without Andrew Bogut. He taught me so much about defence that I owe all my success to him, defensively.”

Amazingly strong words used by Green in relation to Bogut and the impact he had on his career, discuss..

Source - https://www.news.com.au/sport/american-sports/nba/draymond-green-says-i-owe-all-my-success-to-andrew-bogut/news-story/bc32752d7e7420b422ad0bab036f037b
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Draymond Green gives credit to a former Laker Great

Kirby Brian wrote:
Quote:
WARRIORS defensive linchpin Draymond Green has gone out of his way to shout out the impact Australia’s Andrew Bogut had on his career.

Bogut has been credited with helping to change the culture of a Golden State franchise that had endured years of underperformance when he arrived from Milwaukee in 2012.

Green was drafted by the team a few months afterwards and the 2017 NBA Defensive Player of the Year told Utah Jazz rookie Donovan Mitchell in an interview for ABC in the US the Aussie taught him everything he knew about guarding the post.

“I’ll never forget it,” Green said. “My first day out at Golden State he was teaching me different things you could do that you couldn’t do in college and throughout the course of that year just teaching me positioning.

“I wouldn’t be half the defender I am without Andrew Bogut. He taught me so much about defence that I owe all my success to him, defensively.”

Amazingly strong words used by Green in relation to Bogut and the impact he had on his career, discuss..

Source - https://www.news.com.au/sport/american-sports/nba/draymond-green-says-i-owe-all-my-success-to-andrew-bogut/news-story/bc32752d7e7420b422ad0bab036f037b

Andrew Bogut is a "former Laker great"? Noooooooo. And I'm not trying to be brutal, but nobody wants to see, nor gives a @#% about, DG.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

Lakers Great

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

People always say Durant was added to a 73-9 team, and yeah to some degree that is accurate. But people forget how deep that 2015 Warriors team was. I even remember some saying the Warriors adding Durant hurt them because they lost Bogut, Barnes, Ezeli, Speights, and Barbosa... That team had incredible depth and balance.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
People always say Durant was added to a 73-9 team, and yeah to some degree that is accurate. But people forget how deep that 2015 Warriors team was. I even remember some saying the Warriors adding Durant hurt them because they lost Bogut, Barnes, Ezeli, Speights, and Barbosa... That team had incredible depth and balance.

also, why didnt they win 73 again with Durant when they were much better with him? regular season achievements mean little come playoff time

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:

also, why didnt they win 73 again with Durant when they were much better with him? regular season achievements mean little come playoff time

The Warriors needed a player who could get his shot outside the confines of the offense. And successful planning and preparation allowed them to land the greatest such player of that ilk.... Case can be convincingly be made that the Cavs had the more talented roster in 2015 and 2016. LeBron took GSW to 6 without Irving and Love. Cavs, probably win that year if both were available. Its a part of history that is often forgotten. LeBron is directly responsible for the aggressiveness in which Golden State pursued Durant.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

Draymond gives credit to a former Lakers, great
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

Andrew yogurt is no lakers great
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Andrew yogurt is no lakers great

I miss you.....more than you'll ever know...
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

Thought it would be Swaggy P.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Calling Bogut a Laker "great" is a bit of a stretch, no?

Honestly I can't remember one single thing that Bogut did while he was here.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Bogut not "a former Laker Great'
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Funny thing is the Warriors can have all those dudes back today if they wanted too. Nobody wants them today. Not even Barnes because of his contract.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Thought it would be Swaggy P.

one of the better Game of Zones this season....Kerr and Warriors trying to decide on Swaggy P

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:

The Warriors needed a player who could get his shot outside the confines of the offense. And successful planning and preparation allowed them to land the greatest such player of that ilk.... Case can be convincingly be made that the Cavs had the more talented roster in 2015 and 2016. LeBron took GSW to 6 without Irving and Love. Cavs, probably win that year if both were available. Its a part of history that is often forgotten. LeBron is directly responsible for the aggressiveness in which Golden State pursued Durant.

That has a lot to do with luck as well. Curry and Klay signed their second contracts, of course at market value at the time. Nobody predicted they would blow up like they did. Their contracts are then under market value. Imagine Randle signing for a modest $14 million a year for the next 5, and within these 5 years, he takes it up another notch and becomes Charles Barkley. The return they've gotten from Curry, Klay and Draymond is probably a once a in a lifetime occurrence. We'll see how much the 4 of them will sacrifice to stick together because pay day is coming up for the Warriors.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

I look forward to his future statue in front of Staples: https://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/1718bogut.jpg
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I look forward to his future statue in front of Staples: https://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/1718bogut.jpg

I can't wait for LD2K's tribute video to Bogut. I'm already getting teary eyed
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

A former Very-Good who briefly played for the Lakers.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Most random player number I've ever seen
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject:

People here need a really good lesson on sarcasm and irony
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

I counted how many illegal screens Bogut set with the Lakers in one game vs. god-knows-who... I stopped counting at about 37.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

Most random player number I've ever seen

He was prepping for his late career turn as a backup right tackle for the LA Chargers.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
Lakers Great
JohnDoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
People here need a really good lesson on sarcasm and irony
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: