26%  [ 5 ]
OTHER (explain)
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Channel surfing.

Do you channel surf when you're watching programs with company? If I'm alone I do, when I have company I don't.

I have a friend who watches TV with the remote in his hands. He's constantly changing channels. It's as though he's watching TV alone. Sometime he'll get interested in something other than the program we're watching and not return to the program. That annoys me.

I don't watch sports at his home. When he's at my spot I can see him fidgeting during commercial and timeouts.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

lmao
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

I don't channel surf but sometimes I'll look at the TV Guide to see whats on. If I find 2 things I enjoy, I will channel flip back and forth during commercials but usually stay with one main one. Usually, the company is on the same page.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
I don't channel surf but sometimes I'll look at the TV Guide to see whats on. If I find 2 things I enjoy, I will channel flip back and forth during commercials but usually stay with one main one. Usually, the company is on the same page.

When there are two things I want to watch I go PIP (Picture In Picture) I only do that if company wants to, usually it's alone. Except for my friend, my best friend, who fidgets, I go with what company wants.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

Intend to watch few things with commercials, so that’s usually not a problem, but when I watch a program with commercials, I tend to do other things during them, not try to catch two minutes of something else. If I want to watch two simultaneous things I dvr one and watch the other.

Of course I read, surf the web, work, eat, and have conversations during shows, so there’s that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Intend to watch few things with commercials, so that’s usually not a problem, but when I watch a program with commercials, I tend to do other things during them, not try to catch two minutes of something else. If I want to watch two simultaneous things I dvr one and watch the other.

Of course I read, surf the web, work, eat, and have conversations during shows, so there’s that.

That's my MO. Watching news channels with commercials I do as you do. I mostly watch cable, no commercials.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

outside of sports and news, I rarely if ever watch TV that is not either on demand or on DVR. Funny thing is until you brought up, had not realized the drastic change in behavior in recent years. It's been a while since I found myself setting on the couch channel surfing...and that awesome feeling that happened when you came across Over the Top, The Goonies, Silver Bullet or one of the Rocky/Rambo series playing on some random channel.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Channel surfing.

jodeke wrote:
Do you channel surf when you're watching programs with company? If I'm alone I do, when I have company I don't.

Why are you watching TV when you have company?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Channel surfing.

jodeke wrote:

I have a friend who watches TV with the remote in his hands. He's constantly changing channels. It's as though he's watching TV alone. Sometime he'll get interested in something other than the program we're watching and not return to the program. That annoys me.

I don't watch sports at his home. When he's at my spot I can see him fidgeting during commercial and timeouts.

ADHD?

My friend is hardcore ADHD. When we watch movies he's constantly fast forwarding through slow parts like title screens and scene transitions. It's annoying as hell.

I don't have cable anymore, but when I'm alone I would channel surf. With others, nope. Especially when if I'm a guest at someone's house.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Channel surfing.

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

There's different kinds of company
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Channel surfing.

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Sports mostly. My friend will surf during time outs, between rounds watching fights when I let him. My girlfriend, commercials when watching shows like NCIS. I allow her until it gets on my nerves.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject:

I used to channel surf. But since streaming services, DVR, and on-screen channel guides, I find I don’t anymore.

Because before it was like ok lets see if I can find something good on.

But now you can just find exactly what you want, watch it when you want.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Coincidentally I TV surfed for the first time in forever this weekend. Did a weekend getaway in San Diego and surfed through the channels for something for the kids to watch til they knocked out in our airbnb. TV is nearly dead for me. Practically never on except for on sporting events. Turn it to channel the game is on and turn off when done. Lots of movie streaming and youtube though.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Channel surfing.

Hammett wrote:
jodeke wrote:

ADHD?

My friend is hardcore ADHD. When we watch movies he's constantly fast forwarding through slow parts like title screens and scene transitions. It's annoying as hell.

I don't have cable anymore, but when I'm alone I would channel surf. With others, nope. Especially when if I'm a guest at someone's house.

I tend to fast forward through the love scenes , and credits and endings.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Channel surfing.

easybreeze wrote:
Hammett wrote:
jodeke wrote:

ADHD?

I fast forward through commercials on programs I've recorded. That's not the same as channel surfing.

easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Channel surfing.

jodeke wrote:
easybreeze wrote:
Hammett wrote:
jodeke wrote:

ADHD?

I fast forward through commercials on programs I've recorded. That's not the same as channel surfing.

No, its not. It just leads to channel surfing. j/k . I do it all the time with cable. If it wasn't for the Lakers, I would have no cable at all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: