OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1069, 1070, 1071 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Not really new but some time since DLO got trade to now, BI and him unfollowed each other on Insta and Twitter.

They were following each other during their season together and DLO is still following the rest of the guys from that team. This supports my theory that there was some type of bad blood between BI and DLO.

When DLO came to Staples Center BI went hard at him and if I remember correctly there was a moment in the game they were jawing at each other. Also a worlds difference between how much BI calls Lonzo "his point guard" vs. how he was towards DLO.

I wonder if years down the line we ever find out but I think there was some type of bad blood here.

I noticed too
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Not really new but some time since DLO got trade to now, BI and him unfollowed each other on Insta and Twitter.

They were following each other during their season together and DLO is still following the rest of the guys from that team. This supports my theory that there was some type of bad blood between BI and DLO.

When DLO came to Staples Center BI went hard at him and if I remember correctly there was a moment in the game they were jawing at each other. Also a worlds difference between how much BI calls Lonzo "his point guard" vs. how he was towards DLO.

I wonder if years down the line we ever find out but I think there was some type of bad blood here.

Thought it was pretty clear those two didn't click.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

Thought it was pretty clear those two didn't click.

Yeah I thought it was apparent just from watching their interactions... I recall DLO posting a photo of BI during year 1 with a caption of "dude been ballin" only for it to go down as soon as he was traded.

Probably some #2 vs #2 competition but also don't think BI is the same "type of person" that DLO is.

End of last year, I though we chose the wrong guy... now I feel like we got the right one.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Prob a big part of it was magic luke and pelinka seemed to like brandon even when he was struggling and only scoring less than 10 a game. While everyone was super critical and hard on Dlo who was averaging I think 16 at a time.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:

2018 and we still talking about DLO? we picked the right guy. BI all the way
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:

Lol. I remember bringing this up about how BI said 'D'lo doesn't like to pass' or something like that at the rookie game and dudes thought I was reaching. He was joking but he wasn't.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I much rather have BI work with Stackhouse then Kobe, especially considering that both have history with each other.

LOL NO, are you serious? You rather have BI train with Stackhouse than arguably the greatest Laker of all time?

I think you may have misread his post, he said:
"work with Stackhouse THEN Kobe"

This means he wants him to work with Kobe AFTER working with Stackhouse!

Now, I see this all the time, people wrongly substitute the word "then" for "than"... Which gives things a completely different meaning...
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
al242 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I much rather have BI work with Stackhouse then Kobe, especially considering that both have history with each other.

LOL NO, are you serious? You rather have BI train with Stackhouse than arguably the greatest Laker of all time?

I think you may have misread his post, he said:
"work with Stackhouse THEN Kobe"

This means he wants him to work with Kobe AFTER working with Stackhouse!

Now, I see this all the time, people wrongly substitute the word "then" for "than"... Which gives things a completely different meaning...

Or maybe you’re assuming that IG didn’t make the very common grammatical error of confusing “than” with “then”?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:

Yeah, the slap fight between the two at Staples was my first clue. BI was guarding DLO and didn't give him an inch, and they were slapping at each other's hands. Not sure if it was just pure competition or something else. Somebody on LG said they saw an interview with Ingram from that day and he didn't really have much to say when asked about Russell. Supposedly he said "I just wanted to let him know I was here." Or something if that nature.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Brandon's friend on Twitter says - he's working out with P3 institute and The Skill Factory in Atlanta . P3 is greattt for him , they test your movement w tech and fix/strengthen inefficiencies

Thanks for sharing. These were cool.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject:

Turns out that friend on Twitter was a catfish. Between catfish and burners, what's really real out here. Sad !
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Turns out that friend on Twitter was a catfish. Between catfish and burners, what's really real out here. Sad !

Damn what a shame. So is he not really working back and forth from from Mia to ATl at the two different training facilities? I was really looking forward to BI's development after watching these videos from P3.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I'm glad that all I did was RT his tweet that had a link to Ingram working out in it. He @'d me a couple of other times and I didn't respond, because it smelled fishy to me. He was too thirsty.

How did you find out?
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I'm glad that all I did was RT his tweet that had a link to Ingram working out in it. He @'d me a couple of other times and I didn't respond, because it smelled fishy to me. He was too thirsty.

How did you find out?

https://mobile.twitter.com/mykel_hart15?lang=en

The Instagram account linked to this profile twitter is the same guy that other dude is pretending to be. And this Twitter has over 1000 followers
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Is that you, Donald?
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:

This is something I noticed as well. I don't think Ingram ever respected DLO's game or work ethic. That is just how I always saw it. Ingram is about basketball business and DLO is about everything else but basketball.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject:

RhodyRay wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

This is something I noticed as well. I don't think Ingram ever respected DLO's game or work ethic. That is just how I always saw it. Ingram is about basketball business and DLO is about everything else but basketball.

Yeah. There was also an interview with BI in our first game against the Nets. When they interviewed JC, they asked him if he had talked to DLo and he said yes.

When they interviewed BI, he said no, he hadn’t talked to him. But it was the way he said he hadn’t that made it seem as if it wasn’t that he hadn’t yet and more that he didn’t plan to. I recall he also said something to the effect of, “I’ll let him know I’m here now on the court”.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

BI ‘bout dat business!
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
RhodyRay wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

Yeah. There was also an interview with BI in our first game against the Nets. When they interviewed JC, they asked him if he had talked to DLo and he said yes.

When they interviewed BI, he said no, he hadn’t talked to him. But it was the way he said he hadn’t that made it seem as if it wasn’t that he hadn’t yet and more that he didn’t plan to. I recall he also said something to the effect of, “I’ll let him know I’m here now on the court”.

holy crap i had the hardest time reading this sentence haha. but yeah i remember that too. i don't think those two ever clicked
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Kobe on Hoopshype podcast said that he’s had talks with Ingram about working out but it hasn’t been set up yet
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Kobe on Hoopshype podcast said that he’s had talks with Ingram about working out but it hasn’t been set up yet

Great to hear!! So I guess we could say the status has now moved to imminent.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Ingram needs to pester Kobe to set up workouts. He can't just sit back and wait for it to happen. He would benefit the most of our young players working with the GOAT. Kuzma too.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Imagine Ingram with Kobe's footwork
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

no one cares about Dlo anymore. butttt since u guys brought it up, i did notice ingram and dlo never got along. i think it's more due to Magic/Rob publicly backing BI and saying he is un-tradable whereas dlo was shipped out immediately following a long season of being ridiculed by byron
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Imagine Ingram with Kobe's footwork

I agree with you, but imagine <insert name of any player> with Kobe's footwork.

As an aside, Lonzo I get the footwork issues since he trained his whole life with his dad who is Byron Scott mixed with Press Maravich, but Ingram's dad was a legit coach. It's a little strange. Maybe BI's late growth spurt delayed his footwork as he was getting comfortable with the longer limbs back in high school.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1069, 1070, 1071 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1070 of 1885
Jump to: