THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 933, 934, 935 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:02 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Am I being overly sensitive, maybe?

To put it mildly as possible, yes, very much so.

OK DMR. I confess to being overly sensitive. I understand and agree with most who object.

I still own those feelings relating to the Oval Office. That's the way I feel.

I'm not asking for company though I'm probably not riding this bus alone.

will this do ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfRxCvwU8AAOvWw.jpg:large

nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject:

I wonder how hard it is for the human dumpster to sleep at night knowing he's laughed at by world leaders.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
I wonder how hard it is for the human dumpster to sleep at night knowing he's laughed at by world leaders.

Kim Jung Un has his pleasure squad, i'm sure The Donald has his 'cheer team'. He only hears that he's the greatest and done everything right
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Probably better than me. I have nightmares dreaming of 2020 and him being reelected.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

He sleeps well because he doesn't care, or he is too dumb to notice that only hicks and neo-nazis love him. And his circle of evil will always spin it like it's the other leader's fault, or that other countries are ganging up on poor US.
We are living at a time when the US president is trying to advance the Russian agenda while fighting against US allies.
I miss the good old days when treason would destroy someone's life and was a capital offense. Putin could never have dreamed such a success against the US.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

Paul Krugman with a good summation of how the media aids Trump's gaslighting:

Quote:
Paul Krugman Verified account @paulkrugman

It's normal to feel that people you disagree with politically are offering bad solutions to our problems. But Trump has brought something new: his policy agenda is almost entirely directed at problems we don't have -- problems that exist only in his warped imagination 1/

These include:
- A wave of violent crime by undocumented immigrants
- Massive illegal voting by the same
- Massive Canadian tariffs against US goods
- Conspiracy by the Elders of Zion to take over the world

OK, he hasn't actually gone after point #4, but give him time 2/

Journalists obviously have a hard time coping with all of this. They're afraid to say that the president is completely out of touch with reality -- that sounds "unbalanced." So, all too often, they pretend that he's talking about something real 3/

This amounts, in practice, to huge pro-Trump bias: you're bothsidesing a debate where one side isn't even wrong, just completely insane And the other dodge -- instead of talking about the substance, talk about how it's playing with Real Americans in diners -- is just as bad 4/

There's a test taking place as you read this: Trump defenders are out there claiming that Justin Trudeau, not Trump, blew up the summit. This is pure gaslighting; how many reporters will pretend to take it seriously? 5
/
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

Is it wrong of me if looking at Trump in this pic makes me want to pee on him?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

I can't use the words to describe him here. I can say that he's not respected by anyone in any other country and fortunately they're not holding it against us so far but if we do this again all bets are. This guy is toxic beyond belief.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
I can't use the words to describe him here. I can say that he's not respected by anyone in any other country and fortunately they're not holding it against us so far but if we do this again all bets are. This guy is toxic beyond belief.

https://www.pgpf.org/chart-archive/0053_defense-comparison

The United States spends more on national defense than China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, India, France, United Kingdom, and Japan combined

Inflating Trumps ego..^^^

This Trade war has a very ugly long term goal and I don't think the citizens of America really want it...
VTECkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

[Deleted by CL. You drop into this thread every couple of months to insult people without contributing anything to the discussion. This will be the last time.]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject:

NYT: Escalating Clash With Canada, Trump Is Isolated Before North Korea Meeting

Quote:
Mr. Trump never really wanted to attend the Group of 7 meeting, but aides pressed him to go even as they feared it would be a disaster because he was being forced to do something he did not want to do. He rebelled by showing up late and leaving early.

During closed-door meetings, Mr. Trump largely listened through most issues, firmly crossing his arms and swiveling a bit in his seat, according to people who were in the room. At points, he looked around trying to catch the eyes of others, as if looking for reassurance, the witnesses said. Some smiled back; others did not.

He arrived 18 minutes late for a Saturday session on gender equality and did not bother putting his headphones on for translation when President Emmanuel Macron of France spoke. At some points, Mr. Trump closed his eyes in what people in the room took to mean he was dozing off.

But he came alive whenever trade was mentioned, mocking and insulting other leaders, particularly Mr. Trudeau, Mr. Macron and Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, according to the witnesses. Ms. Merkel was clearly not happy but largely kept quiet, evidently not wanting to provoke more conflict. Mr. Trump’s conversation was described by European officials as stream of consciousness, filled with superlatives but not following a linear argument.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject:

Actually pretty accurate:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b1d4727e4b0bbb7a0de46ca/amp

'Fox & Friends' Host Calls North Korea Summit A Meeting Of 'Two Dictators'
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

Justin Trudeau's former policy adviser calls Trump a 'pathetic little man-child'

LINK

Quote:
Big tough guy once he’s back on his airplane. Can’t do it in person, and knows it, which makes him feel weak. So he projects these feelings onto Trudeau and then lashes out at him. You don’t need to be Freud. He’s a pathetic little man-child.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

So in the 6 months, Kim Jong Un and North Korea went from being an international pariah to being viewed as the rational/sympathetic actor in a meeting with the US. Great work.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Justin Trudeau's former policy adviser calls Trump a 'pathetic little man-child'

LINK

Quote:
Big tough guy once he’s back on his airplane. Can’t do it in person, and knows it, which makes him feel weak. So he projects these feelings onto Trudeau and then lashes out at him. You don’t need to be Freud. He’s a pathetic little man-child.

Projection is how he lives his life.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

THIS is reportedly trending on Chinese social media right now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfVlT_iUcAMGUjm.jpg
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:

That's sad isn't it? Don't think a flattering US press would/could change perception
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait to see that historic photo of the two dick taters* embracing

* https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dick%20tater
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

That's sad isn't it? Don't think a flattering US press would/could change perception

shade
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:

Well, at least they didn't put him in diapers.

When will congress grow up??

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

Well, at least they didn't put him in diapers.

When will congress grow up??

When their voters do
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Well, it's a truly historic moment. Hopefully it results in rapprochement, the end of the Korean war, and the opening of the North.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Well, it's a truly historic moment. Hopefully it results in rapprochement, the end of the Korean war, and the opening of the North.

NK will promise to denuclearize and Drumpf and AssMoon will declare peace and the end of the Korean War. As soon as Kim gets his way (concessions & lesser sanctions) he'll do an about face and ramp up his Nuclear program by successfully stockpiling dozens of warheads with the new funds he receives, tearing up any treaty that comes about during this Singapore summit, and start his 'reunification' process by invading SK while AssMoon welcomes his new overlord with open arms.

US will attempt to retaliate, only to realize too late that we'll be in this on our own and China won't tolerate any military action on the peninsula and will make its own iron curtain by fortifying the Yellow Sea.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

NK will promise to denuclearize and Drumpf and AssMoon will declare peace and the end of the Korean War. As soon as Kim gets his way (concessions & lesser sanctions) he'll do an about face and ramp up his Nuclear program by successfully stockpiling dozens of warheads with the new funds he receives, tearing up any treaty that comes about during this Singapore summit, and start his 'reunification' process by invading SK while AssMoon welcomes his new overlord with open arms.

US will attempt to retaliate, only to realize too late that we'll be in this on our own and China won't tolerate any military action on the peninsula and will make its own iron curtain by fortifying the Yellow Sea.

end of war ONLY with total denuke(which isn't going to happen)...anything less is a concession to North Korea
Rocket man wants the US off the peninsula...so does trump and only trump
I bet he sells out our allies and signs an eow agreement jmo
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Of the 32 states that count Canada as their biggest export destination, 20 voted for Trump in the 2016 election.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-trudeau-trade-fight-map-canada-exports-to-us-2018-6

Quote:
Also, contrary to Trump's attacks, the US maintained an $8.4 billion trade surplus with Canada last year, mostly due to a large advantage in services.

Are there any adults in DC?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 933, 934, 935 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 934 of 3663
Jump to: