The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1427, 1428, 1429 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

It was reported today that Orlando and Chicago intend on matching any offer for Gordon and LaVine, respectively. If true, that means they're willing to give those guys the max. I've said for a while now, but don't be so sure that a team doesn't offer Randle a contract for $20+m a year.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
It was reported today that Orlando and Chicago intend on matching any offer for Gordon and LaVine, respectively. If true, that means they're willing to give those guys the max. I've said for a while now, but don't be so sure that a team doesn't offer Randle a contract for $20+m a year.

I'm gonna miss Julius then.
I like Larry's take of $14-$16M being fair. (I think that was the figure).
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Help me out (too lazy to look it up), Indiana, Hawks, Bulls, Dallas, and Phila are the only teams with space, right?

Indiana and Dallas are the ONLY threat. If Dallas drafts a big, especially one that can’t shoot, you can all but eliminate them from considering him

Pacers are a great fit for him though. Dallas too, but it hinges greatly on who they draft.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Help me out (too lazy to look it up), Indiana, Hawks, Bulls, Dallas, and Phila are the only teams with space, right?

Indiana and Dallas are the ONLY threat. If Dallas drafts a big, especially one that can’t shoot, you can all but eliminate them from considering him

Pacers are a great fit for him though. Dallas too, but it hinges greatly on who they draft.

If we pay Randle anymore than 18m even if we trade Deng we still cant sign another max contract next year if we get PG.

If we get LBJ and PG and trade deng, maybe but we could use the 18m on other free agent at a better value. I pass on Randle if we are talking 19m and up.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

This is the off-season you're going for your two max contract plan.

Next season your targets would be Klay and Kawhi. Klay has already stated his intentions on staying with Golden State, and Kawhi as it's been reported is expected to sign the Supermax with San Antonio soon.

So essentially if you want your two max's THIS would be the off-season you have your biggest chance.

What that means is that even if a team threw 20M at Randle and we matched, it would only count 12.4M against the cap for this season. And that is vital, as we can sign two max's and re-sign Randle because of that cap hold.

And at that point we aren't worried about the 2019 Free Agency as the two biggest targets are most likely going to be off the market.

Also let's assume you get Paul George, why are you after Klay when it would bench Ingram and stunt his growth, especially considering the progress he's expected to make this season.

If I'm being completely honest, if we get George + another max, and re-sign Randle, and hold onto Ingram, Lonzo, Kuzma and Hart.

Then if Randle and Ingram make the leaps they're expected, and Lonzo progresses as is expected... then I'm not sure that we would really be looking in 2019's free agency. Because if Randle and Ingram progress continually.. then I really am not sure, that if we already have George, that anyone on this forum would pay Klay 30M to replace Ingram in the starting lineup, as by that time I think Ingram and Randle's value would be up there already.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Next season your targets would be Klay and Kawhi. Klay has already stated his intentions on staying with Golden State, and Kawhi as it's been reported is expected to sign the Supermax with San Antonio soon.

So essentially if you want your two max's THIS would be the off-season you have your biggest chance.

What that means is that even if a team threw 20M at Randle and we matched, it would only count 12.4M against the cap for this season. And that is vital, as we can sign two max's and re-sign Randle because of that cap hold.

And at that point we aren't worried about the 2019 Free Agency as the two biggest targets are most likely going to be off the market.

Also let's assume you get Paul George, why are you after Klay when it would bench Ingram and stunt his growth, especially considering the progress he's expected to make this season.

If I'm being completely honest, if we get George + another max, and re-sign Randle, and hold onto Ingram, Lonzo, Kuzma and Hart.

Then if Randle and Ingram make the leaps they're expected, and Lonzo progresses as is expected... then I'm not sure that we would really be looking in 2019's free agency. Because if Randle and Ingram progress continually.. then I really am not sure, that if we already have George, that anyone on this forum would pay Klay 30M to replace Ingram in the starting lineup, as by that time I think Ingram and Randle's value would be up there already.

Randle would count the amount he is matched for.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
I think either someone will overpay Randle because they’ll be “hating” on the Lakers signing George & James and want to “stick it to them” or Randle will get zero offers, and the Lakers will have a chance to get Randle on the cheap (maybe as low as 12 mill per).

The FO already screwed that pooch.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Randle would count the amount he is matched for.

I concur. If Randle gets an 18 million dollar offer from Indiana or Dallas, he’s gone ... unless they quickly offload Deng.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
storm1324 wrote:
Just going off what Woj is reporting could be Thad wants a multi-year deal and Pacers want to wait till after this season before deciding if the want to offer him a 3-4 year deal.

Thad is soon to be 30, and entering his 12th year in 2018-19.

Adding 23 year old Randle or Aaron Gordon would seem a better long term fit if Thad wants a lone term deal.

Pacers could then try to help the Rockets run at LBJ by offering to take Eric Gordon off the Rockets hand for Al Jefferson's 10 mil (only 4 mil guaranteed contact).

They already have sabonis and turner there. They need a wing and a PG/SG imo

Sabonis is a career backup, no?

He turned 22 a month ago, so I’d say no. He’s a good rebounder who can space the floor for them too. He’s gonna need playing time to develop.

We give up on them early around here.

Yes, I read here that Randle has peaked at 23.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

If we pay Randle anymore than 18m even if we trade Deng we still cant sign another max contract next year if we get PG.

If we get LBJ and PG and trade deng, maybe but we could use the 18m on other free agent at a better value. I pass on Randle if we are talking 19m and up.

We can’t use the $18 mil on someone else, we wouldn’t have that much cap space.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

If Lebron goes to Boston we could have a shot at Kyrie.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

We can’t use the $18 mil on someone else, we wouldn’t have that much cap space.

If Deng is traded for space and Randle walks ... around 18 mill in space will remain.

If Deng is stretched and Randle walks ... around 12 mill in space will remain.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject:

They gotta find a way to keep Julius and get this lbj pg thing done. We’re gonna need the depth
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Add Phoenix and Sacramento to that list. It only takes one team to do it. If that report is true, Bulls are willing to give Lavine a max deal. Never underestimate a team's ability to big against themselves.

If we sign PG and Lebron, if we dump Deng but dont re-sign Randle, that will be about $13 million in cap space to use. However, it's likely we will be over the cap for the foreseeable future. This is likely our only chance to add a player of Randle's caliber on top of PG/Lebron because we can go over the cap to sign Randle. It would be a huge wasted opportunity to not re-sign him.

Last edited by LakerSanity on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Add Phoenix and Sacramento to that list. It only takes one team to do it. If that report is true, Bulls are willing to give Lavine a max deal. Never underestimate a team's ability to big against themselves.

Theoretically you’re right, but in reality Dallas and Indiana are the only teams that many sense at all, and, like I said before, if Dallas drafts a big who can shoot you can cross them off as well.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
I think either someone will overpay Randle because they’ll be “hating” on the Lakers signing George & James and want to “stick it to them” or Randle will get zero offers, and the Lakers will have a chance to get Randle on the cheap (maybe as low as 12 mill per).

The FO already screwed that pooch.

Retrospect, would have been sweet if LA extended Randle at $12.4 million (year one) as it's been reported they could have. But through parsing what Randle has said in the past, I think that was a shorter deal that would have put him back in free agency fairly soon. I'm not sure that would have been a great situation long term.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
They gotta find a way to keep Julius and get this lbj pg thing done. We’re gonna need the depth

With James and George as my Jordan and Pippen (and Ingram as my Kukoc), I’d rather have Pope as my Harper for depth (at 8 mill per) than Randle (at 15).

Randle could be this team’s Rodman, sure, but Rodman didn’t need the ball. Randle does. Nerlens Noel can fill that Rodman role (defensive, role-playing big) for much, much cheaper, and they’d still be able to afford Pope and Lopez (as Longley).
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

I've said that the three teams which most likely go after Randle are Phoenix, Sacramento and Dallas. Current mocks have each of them taking a big man, so that lessons the odds. However, the team that takes JJJ could still slide Randle in - that team is most likely Sacramento. Even assuming Young opts out, I don't think Indiana uses its cap space on a big. Leaf, Turner and Sabonis are enough for a good front court. They need a PG or a wing who can create his own shot. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go after McCollum Kemba Walker via trade. I could see them making a bid for Jabari Parker too. I think they are going to prioritize shooting.

scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
22 wrote:

With James and George as my Jordan and Pippen (and Ingram as my Kukoc), I’d rather have Pope as my Harper for depth (at 8 mill per) than Randle (at 15).

Randle could be this team’s Rodman, sure, but Rodman didn’t need the ball. Randle does. Nerlens Noel can fill that Rodman role (defensive, role-playing big) for much, much cheaper, and they’d still be able to afford Pope and Lopez (as Longley).

So, BI off the bench with Kuzma?

I’d rather have Randle at the 5.

Lonzo
PG13
BI
LeBron
JR
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I've said that the three teams which most likely go after Randle are Phoenix, Sacramento and Dallas. Current mocks have each of them taking a big man, so that lessons the odds. However, the team that takes JJJ could still slide Randle in - that team is most likely Sacramento. Even assuming Young opts out, I don't think Indiana uses its cap space on a big. Leaf, Turner and Sabonis are enough for a good front court. They need a PG or a wing who can create his own shot. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go after McCollum Kemba Walker via trade. I could see them making a bid for Jabari Parker too. I think they are going to prioritize shooting.

I agree completely, except for the Sac part. The only reason Sac offers Randle a big contract is because they think they’re “hurting” the Lakers.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
22 wrote:

Lonzo
PG13
BI
LeBron
JR

PG - Ball (Rodman...elite role player) - Ingram (Kukoc)
SG - Pope (Harper...defensive guard) - Hart (Kerr)
C - Lopez (Longley ... 15-20 min big) - Noel (Brian Williams)
PF - James (Jordan ... generational) - Kuzma (Caffey)
SF - George (Pippen...versatile Robin)

Last edited by Joe Pesci on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
22 wrote:

Lonzo
PG13
BI
LeBron
JR

PG - Ball - Ingram
SG - Pope - Hart
C - Lopez - Noel
PF - James - Kuzma
SF - George - vet (R.Jefferson)

Ball - ring chaser
George - Hart
BI - Kuzma
LeBron - Kuzma - Frye
Randle - Lopez
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
22 wrote:

Lonzo
PG13
BI
LeBron
JR

PG - Ball - Ingram
SG - Pope - Hart
C - Lopez - Noel
PF - James - Kuzma

Ball - ring chaser
George - Hart
BI - Kuzma
LeBron - Kuzma - Frye
Randle - Lopez

Ball . Belinelli
George . Hart
BI - Tyreke
Lebron . Kuzma
Randle . Lopez
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
22 wrote:

Lonzo
PG13
BI
LeBron
JR

PG - Ball - Ingram
SG - Pope - Hart
C - Lopez - Noel
PF - James - Kuzma

Ball - ring chaser
George - Hart
BI - Kuzma
LeBron - Kuzma - Frye
Randle - Lopez

Ball . Belinelli
George . Hart
BI - Tyreke
Lebron . Kuzma
Randle . Lopez

Hart Ball
KCP Ring chaser
PG13 BI
LBJ Kuz
Lopez Ring chaser

Might be one of the best three point shooting teams of all time. Would be perfect for LBJ's drive and kick offense

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
22 wrote:

Lonzo
PG13
BI
LeBron
JR

PG - Ball - Ingram
SG - Pope - Hart
C - Lopez - Noel
PF - James - Kuzma

Ball - ring chaser
George - Hart
BI - Kuzma
LeBron - Kuzma - Frye
Randle - Lopez

Ball . Belinelli
George . Hart
BI - Tyreke
Lebron . Kuzma
Randle . Lopez

Ball/Caruso
George/Hart
Ingram/Kuzma
Ledrama/?
Lopez/Zubac
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1427, 1428, 1429 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1428 of 1536
Jump to: