OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1045, 1046, 1047 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Collin Cowherd thinks that, because of Zo's diss track, its either Lebron or Zo, not both.

Now we're gonna take Colin serious? Ok.

I don't take that clown serious at all. The thought that two youngsters roasting each other would have any impact on LeBron signing is hilarious.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Collin Cowherd thinks that, because of Zo's diss track, its either Lebron or Zo, not both.

Now we're gonna take Colin serious? Ok.

Nah, I just think the media's reaction to all this stuff is funny. However, I will say, as I said a page or two ago, that it sounded like Zo's track crossed a line. Ramona reported that the Lakers aren't happy with how far this ribbing stuff has gone either. They do need to roll it back a bit. It could hit DLO levels soon if they don't.

I agree that they need to nip this in the bud.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

if you take away all of the apologist and hater takes on the young guys....Lavar, etc. The truth is likely that Lonzo and Kuz have no problem, but should go ahead and tone it down. Potential FA's could care less about the young guys social media battles/games. At the same time....I do think there is a world where Lavar's mouth could be seen as a "con" when evaluating the Lakers as a FA destination. It is just unnecessary bs some players may rather avoid.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Fine trading this immature kid to ATL for donicic and dump deng

So our 20 year old point guard was so good after his rookie season that we can dump the worst contract in the league and still get us the #3 pick in the draft?

He is that good, but we want to trade him away cause someone was offended by his dis track. 😂
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

You only roast each other to this level if you are the absolute best of friends. Lonzo and Kuz have an extremely close relationship and this back and forth is a COMPLETE non-story. They are kids.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

So should we trade Ball for Smart?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Lemme update this list:

List of players fans have wanted to trade Lonzo for:

Kemba Walker
Khris Middleton
Jimmy Butler
Kawhi Leonard
#3 pick while dumping Deng
Damian Lillard

Not bad.

Last edited by epak on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

Lakers4Life33 wrote:
You only roast each other to this level if you are the absolute best of friends. Lonzo and Kuz have an extremely close relationship and this back and forth is a COMPLETE non-story. They are kids.

Kobe and Shaq weren’t exactly friends when they were beefing. One had to be traded.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

I mean did people miss the Kuz skit where he roasted the (bleep) outta Lonzo?

These two are best friends.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:

Obviously that didnt bother those that already hate on Lonzo anyway.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Fine trading this immature kid to ATL for donicic and dump deng

So our 20 year old point guard was so good after his rookie season that we can dump the worst contract in the league and still get us the #3 pick in the draft?

He is that good, but we want to trade him away cause someone was offended by his dis track. 😂

Lemme update this list:

List of players fans have wanted to trade Lonzo for:

Kemba Walker
Khris Middleton
Jimmy Butler
Kawhi Leonard
#3 pick while dumping Deng

Not bad.

I would not trade him for Walker or Middleton....probably not Butler because I have a feeling he does not age great. I would definitely consider moving him in a Kawhi trade. A lot depends on other circumstances with the last one....like what does dumping Deng get us.....who I would take at #3....but I would not personally move Ball just to get Doncic.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

Or maybe Lonzo comes with way more baggage.

As a harsh critic of Lonzo, I feel there are so many other reasons to ship him out, let alone the stupidity of his current antics. If it does affect free agency recruiting, maybe....but otherwise no. Maximize his value and then ship him out.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

As a harsh critic of Lonzo, I feel there are so many other reasons to ship him out, let alone the stupidity of his current antics. If it does affect free agency recruiting, maybe....but otherwise no. Maximize his value and then ship him out.

IMO, the only other reason to trade him, apart from his family causing issues in FA (which is still highly debatable and we'll see in a couple of weeks), is if his knee is going to be a long term issue. If he's healthy, he's my PG for the next 15 years.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

The only way I trade Lonzo is if I get a star in return. I don't care how many diss tracks he releases
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

What is “so” many reasons to trade Lonzo after his rookie year?
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

IMO, the only other reason to trade him, apart from his family causing issues in FA (which is still highly debatable and we'll see in a couple of weeks), is if his knee is going to be a long term issue. If he's healthy, he's my PG for the next 15 years.

Knees, lack of maturity, off the court commitments, shot, inability to finish/lack of body control....he also has a Todd Marinovich aura to me. His dad has controlled his life and I just see him busting loose at some point on his professional team's dime.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

Knees, lack of maturity, off the court commitments, shot, inability to finish/lack of body control....he also has a Todd Marinovich aura to me. His dad has controlled his life and I just see him busting loose at some point on his professional team's dime.

Are you really going to use him having a life outside of basketball as a negative?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

You're projecting Lonzo to become a heroin addict?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

Remember when Zo got arrested at UCLA with possession of cocaine? They're the same!
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

He’s 20 so you’re gonna have to guess on his body. Physically he obviously wasn’t ready for the NBA grind.

He’s 20.

He raps and sells his families clothes. He doesn’t party or go clubbing. I don’t think he has a drug problem or been in trouble with the law.

Lonzo can shoot. From November 11th to March 5th (29 games) he shot 38%. Last year as a freshman at UCLA he shot 41% from 3 over 36 games. He started his rookie year shooting terrible which happens and he hit the rookie wall which also happens.

He’s 20, he’ll get stronger and he’ll improve. He’s not at his ceiling yet
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

if i was a heroin dealer....I would label it Big Baller Brand heroin....and tell the streets it was supplied by Lavar.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

Remember when Zo got arrested at UCLA with possession of cocaine? They're the same!

And that time last season Zo was found naked in a stranger's backyard with meth in his system? That might've been a cry for help we all missed.
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakers4Life33 wrote:

Best of friends? What's friendly in reminding someone who never met the biological father "don't know who your daddy is"?
I don't call it friendly,i call it idiotic,and asinine too
If my "supposed best friend" acted to me that way he would need some orthodontics,and really good ones too
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

No certainly not. What I am speaking to is whether his interest in basketball is his own or whether it is what is expected of him, largely due to his father. I think he is a 20 year old who has never had freedom and I wonder if his personal life is going to be more important to him than his professional one. I could be wrong, but kids who come from families who have such a strong alpha parental presence are more prone to bust out and exert their independence/rebel...and that would be on the Lakers' dime. Just a concern I have.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

adkindo wrote:

if i was a heroin dealer....I would label it Big Baller Brand heroin....and tell the streets it was supplied by Lavar.

I bet it already exists.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1045, 1046, 1047 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1046 of 1688
Jump to: