Shelburne Update on Diss Track - "Lakers have Spoken with both Lonzo/Kuzma to Knock It Off" (p.11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
You really appreciate BI and Jules when you see this type of crap.

It's a couple of friends in their early 20s having fun with each other.

They can have fun like this with each other without having to put it on social media for the world to see. Whether they like it or not, these guys are public figures and represent the Lakers and as someone said, it's bad optics coming at a time when Lakers are trying to lure free agents.

But that's how friends in their 20s have fun with each other. On social media. The optics are two teammates who like each other. If the team stepped in and said enough then that's fine and they should listen but the overreaction to this is silly.

The optics of 2 teammates liking each other is how they might it see it, but the rest of the world doesn't. You really think when guys who are chasing rings like Lebron and George see that, they think to themselves "Gee I'd love to really play with these 2 guys!" No way. I don't see other guys like Ingram or Tatum making garbage songs or music videos. Not every early 20 year olds in the NBA write 'diss songs'.

Not every person has to be a stoic quiet type. If LeBron or George are basing their decision on this it says more about them than Zo and Kuz.

What does it say about LeBron or George?

That they make major life decisions based on extraordinarily sophomoric reasons.

If they were truly 50-50 between two teams then is it ok to take this into consideration or no?

If this is the deciding factor for them the other teams can have them

How much sense does this make?

You said yourself, if the team has a problem w/ it they can ask Lonzo n Kuzma to stop

But if LeBron n PG might have a problem w it, u’d rather they sign somewhere else?

Such a weird stance
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
ocho wrote:

Yeah Kobe would never have released a bad rap song.

LOL, I prefer the rap to his fashion:

https://www.highsnobiety.com/2016/04/14/kobe-bryant-white-hot-editorial/

Now this is an unforgivable offense

If twitter was as big then as it is now...
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

They can have fun like this with each other without having to put it on social media for the world to see. Whether they like it or not, these guys are public figures and represent the Lakers and as someone said, it's bad optics coming at a time when Lakers are trying to lure free agents.

But that's how friends in their 20s have fun with each other. On social media. The optics are two teammates who like each other. If the team stepped in and said enough then that's fine and they should listen but the overreaction to this is silly.

What if Kuzma came back w/ a diss track and went off on Lonzo’s mom - making fun of her stroke. Still fun n games?

If that's how they joke with each other than sure. The way my friends and I joke with each other would shock most people out of context because they don't know us. Neither party seems to have a problem with it and have engaged in similar ribbing all season and they shouldn't stop because you feel like they should. If the team feels like they need to step in and tell both guys to stop that's great and I'm sure they won't have a problem doing so.

Doubtful that you are a public face of a multi-billion dollar franchise. PR is so big to them that they employ an entire department to it, including private investigators. These kids need to realize that they are professionals and act like it. That is a price to pay for the millions they are compensated for.

Don't agree with you Ventura too much, but your'e spot on with this one. Remember when Magic and Pelinka said they are drafting hard working, good character guys. Calling Lonzo the face of the franchise. Even though I'm a big Magic and Pelinka guy, they lose credibility with this nonsense.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

Just be professionals. It’s a fun game, but get the job done. Fill your hours with concentrating on winning every game. I don’t think that’s too high of an expectation for the compensation. Enough of this kiddie sht.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
This is why I always respected Kobe for keeping it low-key on social media. He'd annihilate the people who talked (bleep) about him with his play. Lead by example.

Or go on a rant on camera before phone cameras or viral videos were a thing. I love Kobe too much to dig into his missteps especially since we arent really discussing missteps.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ocho wrote:

You don't get to where these two guys are (George and LA Bron) by being mentally weak.

Don't see this as an issue, though if they sign here I could see them telling Zo and Kuz behind closed doors to chill out and focus.

Huh?

If they wait until they get here to tell them to cut it off, then they had a problem w/ it before they signed.

If they had a problem w/ it before they signed, then that made a bad impression on them

And free agency = selling your team = trying to make good impressions

That’s like saying if Magic showed up in his meeting w/ LeBron in shorts n sandals n that made a bad impression on LeBron. The counter argument would be - ur making a major life decision on Magic Johnson wearing shorts n sandals?

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

What if Kuzma came back w/ a diss track and went off on Lonzo’s mom - making fun of her stroke. Still fun n games?

If that's how they joke with each other than sure. The way my friends and I joke with each other would shock most people out of context because they don't know us. Neither party seems to have a problem with it and have engaged in similar ribbing all season and they shouldn't stop because you feel like they should. If the team feels like they need to step in and tell both guys to stop that's great and I'm sure they won't have a problem doing so.

Doubtful that you are a public face of a multi-billion dollar franchise. PR is so big to them that they employ an entire department to it, including private investigators. These kids need to realize that they are professionals and act like it. That is a price to pay for the millions they are compensated for.

Don't agree with you Ventura too much, but your'e spot on with this one. Remember when Magic and Pelinka said they are drafting hard working, good character guys. Calling Lonzo the face of the franchise. Even though I'm a big Magic and Pelinka guy, they lose credibility with this nonsense.

Lakers understand the new athletes. Zo and kuz are doing exactly what they are suppose to be doing.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Wait....

Something doesn’t add up though, so let’s take this slowly...

1) IF Lonzo n Kuzma r cool w/ it, then there r no limits
2) They shouldn’t stop because fans have a problem w/ it
3) However, IF the team is not comfortable w/ it, they can tell them to stop n Lonzo n Kuzma should stop
4) However, LeBron n PG should not have a problem w it in anyway n would be stupid to base their decision on something so trivial n miniscule

Something doesn’t add up here. Why is the team allowed to have a problem w/ it but not the fans, LeBron nor PG?

Anyone is allowed to think whatever they want. The team matters because they employ the players and have a measure of disciplinary power over them (which they have not exercised). Fans like you are entitled to an opinion, but you certainly don't matter. Free Agents are entitled to their opinions, and you havent a shred of evidence that they disapprove of this. It's a running joke between two friends that you want to make a federal case out of. Just because you clutch your pearls doesn't mean everyone else follows suit.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
This is why I always respected Kobe for keeping it low-key on social media. He'd annihilate the people who talked (bleep) about him with his play. Lead by example.

Or go on a rant on camera before phone cameras or viral videos were a thing. I love Kobe too much to dig into his missteps especially since we arent really discussing missteps.

That never happened. Kobe never left the gym. Just squats and suicides all day his whole life.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

The optics of 2 teammates liking each other is how they might it see it, but the rest of the world doesn't. You really think when guys who are chasing rings like Lebron and George see that, they think to themselves "Gee I'd love to really play with these 2 guys!" No way. I don't see other guys like Ingram or Tatum making garbage songs or music videos. Not every early 20 year olds in the NBA write 'diss songs'.

Not every person has to be a stoic quiet type. If LeBron or George are basing their decision on this it says more about them than Zo and Kuz.

That they make major life decisions based on extraordinarily sophomoric reasons.

If they were truly 50-50 between two teams then is it ok to take this into consideration or no?

You said yourself, if the team has a problem w/ it they can ask Lonzo n Kuzma to stop

But if LeBron n PG might have a problem w it, u’d rather they sign somewhere else?

Such a weird stance

Frankly you think it's weird because you can't imagine that other people might not be as humorless as you. I promise. They're real. They're out there.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

Halflife wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Lakers understand the new athletes. Zo and kuz are doing exactly what they are suppose to be doing.

Haha...really? Is that why Ramona is reporting that the FO is pissed off at them. Hell, Magic would've kept DLO if that's what the new athletes do. Don't be surprised if Ball and or Kuz are traded this summer because of this nonsense.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Wait....

3) However, IF the team is not comfortable w/ it, they can tell them to stop n Lonzo n Kuzma should stop
4) However, LeBron n PG should not have a problem w it in anyway n would be stupid to base their decision on something so trivial n miniscule

Something doesn’t add up here. Why is the team allowed to have a problem w/ it but not the fans, LeBron nor PG?

Anyone is allowed to think whatever they want. The team matters because they employ the players and have a measure of disciplinary power over them (which they have not exercised). Fans like you are entitled to an opinion, but you certainly don't matter. Free Agents are entitled to their opinions, and you havent a shred of evidence that they disapprove of this. It's a running joke between two friends that you want to make a federal case out of. Just because you clutch your pearls doesn't mean everyone else follows suit.

Wait just a minute....

Did u just move goalposts on me? I think u just did....

I thought we were talking about LeBron n PG shouldn’t be bothered by this.

Did u just change it now to - you have no evidence that they r bothered by this?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Wait....

Wait just a minute....

Did u just change it now to - you have no evidence that they r bothered by this?

It's both. They shouldn't be bothered by it (my opinion) and you have no evidence that they are (fact).
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Frankly you think it's weird because you can't imagine that other people might not be as humorless as you. I promise. They're real. They're out there.

I'm missing the part where Kuzma is laughing and clowning Lonzo back like they are still cool with each other.

All I see is dead silence on IG and Twitter... have you seen something we haven't?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Such a weird stance

But u just said urself that the team might be humorless about this - and they have the power to discipline n they might do that

U did just say that right?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Wait....

Wait just a minute....

It's both. They shouldn't be bothered by it (my opinion) and you have no evidence that they are (fact).

But u haven’t said the team SHOULDN’T be bothered by it as well. You said u can see the team having an issue w it n telling them to stop.

How does this make any sense? Why is the team allowed to have a problem w it but not LeBron nor PG?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
ocho wrote:

I'm missing the part where Kuzma is laughing and clowning Lonzo back like they are still cool with each other.

All I see is dead silence on IG and Twitter... have you seen something we haven't?

Last I saw Kuzma said he'd get him when they saw each other next. If Ramona's reporting is accurate, I'm guessing the team said something to them and they've knocked it off. Now the healing can begin for all sports fans.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

Seems I remember an interview where a reporter asked Kobe about what appeared to be excessive arguing between himself and Shaq, and a young Kobe responded that's how young people talk to each other these days it's no big deal. Quite a while before it became a big deal.

Yeah my friends and I used to give each other crap a lot, and we did cross the line, each direction, on several occasions. I managed to survive that phase with most of my friendships intact, that doesn't mean it was a wise thing to do. I eventually learned that the line is a lot closer than where they'll actually admit being hurt. Nobody wants to be the vulnerable one who can't take a joke, especially when you're young and dumb. Right? But putting it out on social media? Bad idea.

I think the Kuz/Lonzo wars are funny on one hand, but when you start publicly giving someone crap for not knowing who their dad is, it goes from funny to stupid real fast.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
You know what's annoying? The only person who has the right to decide whether or not something crosses the line is the one involved. "OOH MAH GAWD, YOU CROSSED DA LINE!". I don't know why but find the reaction to so much of this is annoying as F to me. Shut the gd hell up. My best friend and I roast each other WAY more than this non-sense. Now how this looks to potential FA's is another matter.

No.

To be kind, you have lost some perspective about what a fan board and the news churn is to its users and its readers. Fair discussion is permitted so maybe you're the guy out of line on this one. It's fair to discuss the team even when it's an uncomfortable topic.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Wait....

Wait just a minute....

But u haven’t said the team SHOULDN’T be bothered by it as well. You said u can see the team having an issue w it n telling them to stop.

How does this make any sense? Why is the team allowed to have a problem w it but not LeBron nor PG?

I don't think the team should be worried about this, no. If they do that's their prerogative and as the players employers they retain the right to ask them to cool it. Not sure why you're struggling with this concept.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ocho wrote:

Last I saw Kuzma said he'd get him when they saw each other next. If Ramona's reporting is accurate, I'm guessing the team said something to them and they've knocked it off. Now the healing can begin for all sports fans.

I have a pretty dark sense of humor... but remember, even if Kuz is cool with the diss... there are thousands if not millions of abandoned children, or adults who experienced a painful divorce in their childhood who aren't.

Maybe, he doesn't care... but that doesn't mean those with a conscience are "humorless" either.

Have never seen a professional comedian who riffed on how funny it is to leave a kid without a father... but who knows? Your mileage may vary.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
You know what's annoying? The only person who has the right to decide whether or not something crosses the line is the one involved. "OOH MAH GAWD, YOU CROSSED DA LINE!". I don't know why but find the reaction to so much of this is annoying as F to me. Shut the gd hell up. My best friend and I roast each other WAY more than this non-sense. Now how this looks to potential FA's is another matter.

I’ll give a good example. You know players joke around n call each other the N word. No one has a problem w/ it. “What up mah N——-“ “N——- please”

They can’t joke like that on social media w/ each other.

That would be a case of 2 people joking w/ each other not being offended but on social media - the public would be offended
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

Psshhh whatever. Lonzo and Kuz are best of friends on the team. So they're acting like kids and are constantly roasting each other (maybe Hart doesn't attempt to rap so he's steering clear) on social media. FO will step in and tell them to tone it down as outsiders will perceive them to not actually be friends, which isn't the truth. Then they'll tone it down. Kids being kids in the off-season. They'll get scolded like kids do by their parents and that'll be that.

Last edited by FanOfFour on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Wait....

Wait just a minute....

I don't think the team should be worried about this, no. If they do that's their prerogative and as the players employers they retain the right to ask them to cool it. Not sure why you're struggling with this concept.

Because as free agents, isn’t it also their right to not be cool w/ it as well?

Not sure why ur struggling w/ this concept
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

I really got lost with this matter, can anyone please do a small briefing for any others like me? I saw that Lonzo released a supposed diss track (didn't listen to it), but what happened before and after that? Anyone, please?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14
Jump to: