OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1046, 1047, 1048 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:
I mean did people miss the Kuz skit where he roasted the (bleep) outta Lonzo?

These two are best friends.

Obviously that didnt bother those that already hate on Lonzo anyway.

Or maybe Lonzo comes with way more baggage.

As a harsh critic of Lonzo, I feel there are so many other reasons to ship him out, let alone the stupidity of his current antics. If it does affect free agency recruiting, maybe....but otherwise no. Maximize his value and then ship him out.

IMO, the only other reason to trade him, apart from his family causing issues in FA (which is still highly debatable and we'll see in a couple of weeks), is if his knee is going to be a long term issue. If he's healthy, he's my PG for the next 15 years.

Knees, lack of maturity, off the court commitments, shot, inability to finish/lack of body control....he also has a Todd Marinovich aura to me. His dad has controlled his life and I just see him busting loose at some point on his professional team's dime.

You're projecting Lonzo to become a heroin addict?

Remember when Zo got arrested at UCLA with possession of cocaine? They're the same!

And that time last season Zo was found naked in a stranger's backyard with meth in his system? That might've been a cry for help we all missed.

Love the sarcasm...
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

From the way you guys judge these young guys, I would think you were all getting ready to graduate with a doctorate and start your own practice when you were 19-21.

Truth is... well nah I won't go there, but you know what you were doing at that age and it probably wasn't impressive.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

As a harsh critic of Lonzo, I feel there are so many other reasons to ship him out, let alone the stupidity of his current antics. If it does affect free agency recruiting, maybe....but otherwise no. Maximize his value and then ship him out.

IMO, the only other reason to trade him, apart from his family causing issues in FA (which is still highly debatable and we'll see in a couple of weeks), is if his knee is going to be a long term issue. If he's healthy, he's my PG for the next 15 years.

Knees, lack of maturity, off the court commitments, shot, inability to finish/lack of body control....he also has a Todd Marinovich aura to me. His dad has controlled his life and I just see him busting loose at some point on his professional team's dime.

Remember when Zo got arrested at UCLA with possession of cocaine? They're the same!

And that time last season Zo was found naked in a stranger's backyard with meth in his system? That might've been a cry for help we all missed.

Love the sarcasm...

Anyone know if Todd M. ever said "I love you" to his pops as a young man?
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

Love the sarcasm...

You lost me...please explain.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

No certainly not. What I am speaking to is whether his interest in basketball is his own or whether it is what is expected of him, largely due to his father. I think he is a 20 year old who has never had freedom and I wonder if his personal life is going to be more important to him than his professional one. I could be wrong, but kids who come from families who have such a strong alpha parental presence are more prone to bust out and exert their independence/rebel...and that would be on the Lakers' dime. Just a concern I have.

It sounds like baseless pop psychology to me. We're watching the performative drama of cultivated public personas and some folks are getting sucked in like a bunch of KUWTK fanatics who think the show is real.

But maybe Lonzo will snap one day, retire from basketball at 23, move to Iceland, and achieve his secret dream of becoming an ice wine vintner.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

A sniff of LeBron and you guys are turning on Lonzo already? Smh
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo and Kuz are pals, but the back and forth roasting from the outside it’s getting very childish.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

Love the sarcasm...

You lost me...please explain.

Just wondering if Todd loved his dad as his dad made him into a robo-QB.
Seems like Lonzo loves his dad. But of course that's just from the outside looking in. Who knows what's really going on inside the home...
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

No certainly not. What I am speaking to is whether his interest in basketball is his own or whether it is what is expected of him, largely due to his father. I think he is a 20 year old who has never had freedom and I wonder if his personal life is going to be more important to him than his professional one. I could be wrong, but kids who come from families who have such a strong alpha parental presence are more prone to bust out and exert their independence/rebel...and that would be on the Lakers' dime. Just a concern I have.

It sounds like baseless pop psychology to me. We're watching the performative drama of cultivated public personas and some folks are getting sucked in like a bunch of KUWTK fanatics who think the show is real.

But maybe Lonzo will snap one day, retire from basketball at 23, move to Iceland, and achieve his secret dream of becoming an ice wine vintner.

I've already said it is my personal opinion. Not sure why it would evoke such strong feelings from you...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
strong9 wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
strong9 wrote:
epak wrote:
Fracture wrote:

I've already said it is my personal opinion. Not sure why it would evoke such strong feelings from you...

Uh.. BVH is Lonzo's cousin.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

^Because it's my dream to move to Iceland and produce Humongous Brand Ice Wines. My dream, Lonzo can't have it. There's a hole in my soul that not even Lebron as a Laker or Judah getting banned could fill it.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Lonzo and Kuz are pals, but the back and forth roasting from the outside it’s getting very childish.

That's what happens. Then it turns real when there friends are like "oh you're gonna let him get away with that ". Then they get more personal and more personal
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

That's what happens. Then it turns real when there friends are like "oh you're gonna let him get away with that ". Then they get more personal and more personal

Next thing you know... Bam!
Lonzo's hair turns red, drops out of the NBA. And finds himself in the CFL.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I'm not happy about it either, Zo looks like he is more about the fame and spotlight than making the Lakers a better team. Which I'm sure he got from his dad.

With his stellar Rap music career, a baby on the way, a girl friend to marry or pay off, having to listen to his pops, having to council his klepto-bro and his underage bro on their wanna-be NBA careers, I don't see him having much time to work on his strength, his conditioning, his nagging injuries and his horrendous Ft and 3pt shooting..

If he does NOT greatly improve on last years numbers, it'll be time to pull the pull and ship him off with Deng...!
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

Quote:
LaVar Ball: Lonzo to 'go elsewhere' if Lakers pass on LiAngelo

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2018/06/13/lavar-ball-lonzo-to-go-elsewhere-if-lakers-pass-on-liangelo-lamelo/

Good riddance, blessing in disgusie
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Quote:

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2018/06/13/lavar-ball-lonzo-to-go-elsewhere-if-lakers-pass-on-liangelo-lamelo/

If we want to talk crossing the line, this is way more flammable than Lonzo/Kuz roasting. Lavar is messing with the wrong dude in Magic. His 3 sons will be back in Lithuania if he keeps making these types of proclamations.

I don’t think Lavar realizes Magic has no issue cutting this. He must think he can get away with anything after challenging the president of the United States.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
2019 wrote:

Clever subtle shot but it's not about liking the man on a personal level and wanting him to succeed. It's about liking the stuff he says about the Lakers. Maybe this is LavarGround.net today.

And perpetuating things he says that you don’t like is adding fuel to a fire you want to put out. I wasn’t being clever or subtle, just using common sense.

Perpetuating things he says-- ahh

So if you hear something you think is detrimental, in this case about our beloved team, it's best to cover your ears and mouth about it?

The only people perpetuating Lavar are the media outlets who know by sticking a camera and a microphone in front of him, he's going to say some wild stuff which works solely to their benefit of $$$. They could care less about the team-- they'll exploit whoever for their own gain.

But me, an individual, who has been a season ticket holder, and spent way too many hours thinking about and discussing Lakers, is perpetuating Lavar Ball by hearing what he says and then commenting about the potential detrimental nature of those comments?

Like I said, I like him on a personal level. I think he's a great husband and he wants the best for his kids. Hell, as corny a name as it is and as corny some of his ideas, I like the BBB thing. He can Keep wearing those BBB ties on whatever tv shows you like while parading your son around as some god like figure despite him likely nor being drafted.. cool.

But also have some tact, poise and respect for (if nobody else) Magic and the organization who want nothing more than to see your son succeed.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Quote:

Good riddance, blessing in disguise

Lol yup. And it's not really a big threat unless Zo was a true generational/transcendent player like Magic or Kobe. He ain't.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

Did Kuz beat up Lonzo yet?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

Hope Lonzo doesn't leave. Alot of new construction in downtown LA. We'll need the bricks.

To put it simply, Lonzo isn't good enough for Lavar to be talking like this.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Quote:

NBA draft is 1 week away, hopefully Magic trades Lonzo and his dad to some place like New York, I’m tired of his crap.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Hope Lonzo doesn't leave. Alot of new construction in downtown LA. We'll need the bricks.

He's a top-10 guard defender and passer in the NBA as a 20-year-old rookie.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

With knee issues.
And the worst shooter ever? I'm genuinely asking. Has anybody shot worse than 36/30/45?

I know he's young and will improve. But he's nowhere good enough to be demanding players to be on the team.
He wasn't even the best rookie on his team.
Might sound like I'm hating. But when your daddy talks mess to our franchise. It leaves the door open for criticism.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

If you can't even make half your free throws. Maybe tell your dad to keep quiet.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:

With knee issues.
And the worst shooter ever? I'm genuinely asking. Has anybody shot worse than 36/30/45?

I know he's young and will improve. But he's nowhere good enough to be demanding players to be on the team.
He wasn't even the best rookie on his team.
Might sound like I'm hating. But when your daddy talks mess to our franchise. It leaves the door open for criticism.

You think he's feeding narratives to his father?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1046, 1047, 1048 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1047 of 1688
Jump to: