Shelburne Update on Diss Track - "Lakers have Spoken with both Lonzo/Kuzma to Knock It Off" (p.11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

With the amount of time and money Lonzo put into that video, why not pay a shooting coach and spend time working on your shot.

My opinion, Lonzo is not going to be "all that" and I would happily ship him out especially if he shows no improvement.

Kuzma, I like, but Lonzo seems like he focuses more on non-basketball things....he has SO much to work on in improving his game. Lakers whiffed on that pick, in my opinion. Whiffed bad.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

In a vacuum, off court antics aren't a problem. But if I don't see tangible improvement from both players next season, I will wonder if they used their time wisely over the offseason.
If you produce wins on the court. The off court stuff doesn't matter.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Ramona hears some gossip and runs with it. Nothing new.

Lonzo and Kuz should take note and avoid her from now on.

Gossip? She was told straight from the Lakers organization.

You guys are hilarious.

Ramona reports something Positive, you guys are running with it like 'it's true, she's the Lakers mouthpiece after all'.

Ramona reports something Negative, you guys are all downplaying it like 'she's gossip, not a big deal, nothing to see here'.

THIS. Ain't that the truth.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

You guys are hilarious.

Ramona reports something Positive, you guys are running with it like 'it's true, she's the Lakers mouthpiece after all'.

Ramona reports something Negative, you guys are all downplaying it like 'she's gossip, not a big deal, nothing to see here'.

True.
Bishop*
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Trade Ball+Deng to Phoenix for #16 and #31

or to Atl for #19, 30 and #34 or something better

I say trade him. No sign of a good leader.

Last edited by Bishop* on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

You guys are hilarious.

True.

False, I've always hated her and her reporting.
Good or bad.
But she is one heck of a writer.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

Me personally I don't put a lot of weight into these into some of these reporters who like to state a player is leaning toward a certain team. We won't know anything until free agency starts. We all saw how quickly Durant signed with the Warriors when no one was expecting it.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

Pretty sure this is over.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

I honestly found their antics annoying even before it went overboard
I dont think its a big impact on the Lakers on/off court success but it definitely doesnt help with optics
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

She actually didn’t have much to say about this on Keyshawn show this morning
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
She actually didn’t have much to say about this on Keyshawn show this morning

You mean, people don’t have the tendency to create drama for no reason?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

Ten whole pages.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
You really appreciate BI and Jules when you see this type of crap.

It's a couple of friends in their early 20s having fun with each other.

They can have fun like this with each other without having to put it on social media for the world to see. Whether they like it or not, these guys are public figures and represent the Lakers and as someone said, it's bad optics coming at a time when Lakers are trying to lure free agents.

But that's how friends in their 20s have fun with each other. On social media. The optics are two teammates who like each other. If the team stepped in and said enough then that's fine and they should listen but the overreaction to this is silly.

What if Kuzma came back w/ a diss track and went off on Lonzo’s mom - making fun of her stroke. Still fun n games?

If that's how they joke with each other than sure. The way my friends and I joke with each other would shock most people out of context because they don't know us. Neither party seems to have a problem with it and have engaged in similar ribbing all season and they shouldn't stop because you feel like they should. If the team feels like they need to step in and tell both guys to stop that's great and I'm sure they won't have a problem doing so.

Doubtful that you are a public face of a multi-billion dollar franchise. PR is so big to them that they employ an entire department to it, including private investigators. These kids need to realize that they are professionals and act like it. That is a price to pay for the millions they are compensated for.

Don't agree with you Ventura too much, but your'e spot on with this one. Remember when Magic and Pelinka said they are drafting hard working, good character guys. Calling Lonzo the face of the franchise. Even though I'm a big Magic and Pelinka guy, they lose credibility with this nonsense.

It is fine if they put an end to it. No one needs to be traded, the FO just needs to convince these kids that they are part of a professional organization and need to conduct themselves as professionals in public.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

Not a good look for Zo after this, thought Kuz's video was playful and clearly for laughs, but this diss track went too far IMO.

Very concerning that our PG of the future looks to have very poor judgement based on his actions so far, a few instances that stick in mind are 1) not supporting his teammates in that scuffle with the suns 2) publicly claiming Lebron over Kobe even after being drafted as a Laker and now this dumb diss track.

I think growing up as Lavar's son has given him values and a perspective of life that 99% of people can't really relate to. I still like his talent but get the feel he's the type of dude that will attract drama his entire career.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
With the amount of time and money Lonzo put into that video, why not pay a shooting coach and spend time working on your shot.

My opinion, Lonzo is not going to be "all that" and I would happily ship him out especially if he shows no improvement.

Kuzma, I like, but Lonzo seems like he focuses more on non-basketball things....he has SO much to work on in improving his game. Lakers whiffed on that pick, in my opinion. Whiffed bad.

Lonzo doesn’t think there is problem with his shot, correct? He thinks he just needs more reputations of the side fling to get his fg% up. Why spend money on fixing what you think ain’t broke?
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

Not a good look, thought this immaturity left with D'Angelo/Nick/JC

We had the 2nd overall pick 3 years in a row, already shipped out D'Angelo in a salary dump and it doesn't look like he will ever live up to the hype. Zo has a lot of work to do and a lot of flaws in his game. It will be devastating if we wasted 2 out of our 3 #2 picks.

All this "roasting" is fine between friends, but when you put it out in social media for all the public to see, it was only a matter of time before somebody took it too far. Whether you agree or disagree with these antics, yes these two are young men, but they are also professionals and represent the Lakers Organization. I can see why the management is disappointed, they are making themselves look like fools while repping the purple and gold.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Not a good look for Zo after this, thought Kuz's video was playful and clearly for laughs, but this diss track went too far IMO.

Very concerning that our PG of the future looks to have very poor judgement based on his actions so far, a few instances that stick in mind are 1) not supporting his teammates in that scuffle with the suns 2) publicly claiming Lebron over Kobe even after being drafted as a Laker and now this dumb diss track.

I think growing up as Lavar's son has given him values and a perspective of life that 99% of people can't really relate to. I still like his talent but get the feel he's the type of dude that will attract drama his entire career.

The line about Kuzma not knowing who his father is seemed like the only low blow to me, of course I didn't see/hear Kuzma's track. Couldn't this have all been done on that Method Man rap battles show?
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Lonzo doesn’t think there is problem with his shot, correct? He thinks he just needs more reputations of the side fling to get his fg% up. Why spend money on fixing what you think ain’t broke?

The Lakers don’t want him to change his shot and it was either Magic or Pelinka that said they wanted him to work on consistency.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

It’s pretty crazy how people keep pushing the “Lonzo doesn’t work on his game” take.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

The Lakers don’t want him to change his shot and it was either Magic or Pelinka that said they wanted him to work on consistency.

I think Lonzo went first in exit interviews and said that, then Rob and Magic said the same in theirs.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status/1005301248856350720

kuzma knew this would happen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
In a vacuum, off court antics aren't a problem. But if I don't see tangible improvement from both players next season, I will wonder if they used their time wisely over the offseason.
If you produce wins on the court. The off court stuff doesn't matter.

This is essentially what it will come down to
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

I could be wrong, but I feel like he has too many off-court distractions which stop him focusing on basketball. I am sure he will work hard in this offseason but if he really wants to be great, he needs to work harder than other players.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

You guys are hilarious.

True.

False, I've always hated her and her reporting.
Good or bad.
But she is one heck of a writer.

I don't hate her but I take some of these things she say with a grain of salt. And I do consider a lot of her pieces gossipy and storytelling.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

Time is ticking for LeBron and PG too for that matter. I guarantee you neither one wants to waste a year of their career babysitting these Laker kids. PG was playing with Westbrook this past season. LeBron has been to every Finals since 2011 and is used to playing with pros like Wade. It is a bad look for a team trying to lure these type stars. Maybe decisions have already been made and this is just a blip but it's still a bad look nonetheless. Hopefully the whole thing just blows over.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14
Jump to: