Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject:

^ Prelims had more exciting fights.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

Agreed especially the holms Anderson fight

Dana said he thinks Punk should call it a wrap and I can see y’all are in agreement as am I. I thought it was so strange the way mike Jackson was toying with him. Wasn’t a good look for him.

In the Romero/Whittaker I thought Romero should have won. Oh well probs to Robert for surviving. I like both fighters
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Just had my first look.

Holm deserves the Little Engine That Could belt. She’s really got nowhere to go but to her credit on this night, even though she has peaked and begun the beginning of her slide down within the current women’s 135 & 145 divisions, she is one game MF’er. This win doesn’t really do much for her career moving forward IMO because she is just a notch (at best) beneath all the top fighters. However, it did give her a much needed victory. I’ve always liked her but I think she should seriously consider going out on a high note and move into the broadcast booth. Anderson landed probably only 3 clean strikes and each one rung Holm’s bell. In hindsight, I think that fight was better for the up and coming Anderson and her camp as it’s a great learning experience. But that’s all to say that, at this point, Holly is just a journeyman that the youngsters fight to gain experience and move up the ladder. And I think she’s better than that. Just time to put on the headset because she’s only got punishment coming her way from here on out.

Gotta hand it to Covington because, similar to Holm, he did what he had to in order to get the win and RDA couldn’t keep up. I found it interesting that Colby fights that fight similar to the way that Gaetjhe should fight his. Only with his offensive arsenal, Justin would be a far more entertaining and compelling threat to the throne. Now we gotta hear this zero charisma loser continue to pollute the media side of MMA until Woodley takes him on. But, much to my dismay, I totally see the race factor being played up on that match, given Covington’s comments about Brazi and his USA and fakenews playups leading in.

Tight fight in the headliner and I could see it going either way. Romero absolutely gave away the first round and that’s something he and his corner have to live with. Was pretty savage to see Whittaker go after Yoel’s knee about 3 seconds into the first round and continue with it the rest of the night. But after all that, I’m just going to say it: oblique kicks should be outlawed.

I love Rogan most of the time but it’s getting painfully obvious when he’s rooting for a fighter or for a point to be proven during his broadcasts. But I think he was spot on about Mike Jackson. Dude was completely bought off. He knows he’s not for long in the big show and some shady folks obviously got to him who had put big money on the fight going the distance.
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Whittaker broke his hand in the first round and gutted out going the distance. Thought Romero had the win but I don't think it was a robbery. Felt, Whittacker controlled most of the fight but Romero did much more damage in the times he had control.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj256enF6gy/?taken-by=robwhittakermma
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Whittaker broke his hand in the first round and gutted out going the distance. Thought Romero had the win but I don't think it was a robbery. Felt, Whittacker controlled most of the fight but Romero did much more damage in the times he had control.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj256enF6gy/?taken-by=robwhittakermma

Whittaker is a stud. At 27 years old, he’s got the chance to really go on a run here. Just hope his body holds up.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

GtR your fears about the race baiting between Woodley and Covington are legit and I think it's already beginning. Sigh.

Where does Romero go from here? I don't think he should move up to 205, but I also don't think the UFC will book him against Whittaker again. He needs Gastelum or Weidman to beat Whittaker to get another shot IMO. If i were him I'd wait and then retire if they don't give him another title shot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
GtR your fears about the race baiting between Woodley and Covington are legit and I think it's already beginning. Sigh.

Where does Romero go from here? I don't think he should move up to 205, but I also don't think the UFC will book him against Whittaker again. He needs Gastelum or Weidman to beat Whittaker to get another shot IMO. If i were him I'd wait and then retire if they don't give him another title shot.

Romero’s in a rough spot now, for all the reasons you listed. I think a move up in weight class just puts him in a position similar to where he currently resides. It wasn’t just losing twice to Whittaker (albeit, once in a controversial fashion) as it was his missing weight on both occasions. I think the MMA media is already kind of beginning the dismissal process with him, unfortunately. If that continues, his best recourse may be to step up a division. But for now, similar to Wonder Boy, he looks like he’s in purgatory.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 436, 437, 438
Page 438 of 438
Jump to: