PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 820, 821, 822 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

Should thread title be updated with today's developments?

Or will it cause some Lakers fans to jump off a cliff since it's not what they want to hear?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

What day does George make his decision? I'm thinking July 5th.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
rebirth wrote:
Why would Paul George Tell Indi he was bouncing, so he gets traded out of Indi for the rumored reason he wants to be in LA. and then resign on OKC.. I just don't see it. Unless he is all about the $$$ He is a horrible fit with Westbrook. Read between the lines. I have seen PG hanging out with both Kuz and Hart already this off season, not to mention all the other little nuggets.

Because he changed his mind while in OKC?

And a team that was supposed to compete in the Finals got bounced in the first round. And the team’s cap future is horrific.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

Lots of time between now and July 1st. Players can flip/flop and change their minds til they sign the contract.

Also I personally don’t understand the bashing of a reporter.

Weren’t Lakers fans happy about Ramona a week ago with her LeBron/Lakers take? Now that she’s reiterating what she’s been hearing about PG and OKC lately, Lakers fans are ganging up on her?

Stay classy LA.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

Spin-the-Dial Ramona Shelburne, where does she land next?

ESPN Ramona Shelburne Says Paul George Should Sign With 76ers Cause Lakers Don't Have Any Stars Yet:

ESPN Ramona Shelburne Say's She Thinks Paul George Will Be On The Lakers Roster By Next Season:

ESPN Ramona Shelburne Says She Think Out Of Top Free Agents Paul George Most Likely Sign With Lakers:

Ramona Shelburne Says She Doesn't Buy Or Believe The Rumors Paul George Wants To Resign With OKC"

Ramona Shelburne Says Her Senses Are That The Lakers Are The Leading Contender For Paul George:

Make up your mind Ramona.

PS Paul George's bestie is Brian Shaw. So you don't need a young player doing the recruiting although it's nice to see Hart putting in work.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Or will it cause some Lakers fans to jump off a cliff since it's not what they want to hear?

Didn’t LS mention that Ramona’s take was more speculation?
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:

ESPN Ramona Shelburne Says Paul George Should Sign With 76ers Cause Lakers Don't Have Any Stars Yet:

ESPN Ramona Shelburne Say's She Thinks Paul George Will Be On The Lakers Roster By Next Season:

ESPN Ramona Shelburne Says She Think Out Of Top Free Agents Paul George Most Likely Sign With Lakers:

Ramona Shelburne Says She Doesn't Buy Or Believe The Rumors Paul George Wants To Resign With OKC"

Ramona Shelburne Says Her Senses Are That The Lakers Are The Leading Contender For Paul George:

PS Paul George's bestie is Brian Shaw. So you don't need a young player doing the recruiting although it's nice to see Hart putting in work.

I don't think coaches can recruit (at least openly). That's what got us the first tampering charge, I think.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:

Yeah she seems to always twist and turn whatever she says every week
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
rebirth wrote:
Why would Paul George Tell Indi he was bouncing, so he gets traded out of Indi for the rumored reason he wants to be in LA. and then resign on OKC.. I just don't see it. Unless he is all about the $$$ He is a horrible fit with Westbrook. Read between the lines. I have seen PG hanging out with both Kuz and Hart already this off season, not to mention all the other little nuggets.

Because he changed his mind while in OKC?

And a team that was supposed to compete in the Finals got bounced in the first round. And the team’s cap future is horrific.

Put it this way, if PG isn't smart enough to see how bad of a situation that is to re-sign in, I can't even hate on his decision. I'm not going to go as far as to say we'd be better off without him because that's simply not true and I'd still be disappointed, but I wouldn't agonize over losing out on a guy that stupid. We have a solid future as is, although our best timeline requires at least one max FA this summer to take advantage of the cap situation.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Um, LS is just a mod, not an insider. Ramona clearly said she made calls around the league and is hearing what everyone else like Stein and Mannix are hearing.

Does anyone not listen or read the transcript?

Last edited by Nash Vegas on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:

Wow, just... wow.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Um, LS is just a mod, not an insider. Ramona clearly said she made calls around the league and is hearing what everyone else like Stein and Mannix are hearing.

Dude, if you want just update the thread title, it doesn’t matter to me.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

It makes sense for Paul George to consider the Lakers.
OKC has the third highest payroll. The highest two played in the NBA finals.
The whole key is if Melo opts out. Melo is at a max of 28M and they still have to pay Westbrook.
It doesn't seem like OKC can afford 3 max players without getting a championship.

The Lakers can offer PG the max which is 10M than he earns now.
He will go to an environment that he loves, and can make a lot
of endorsement money.

LeBron is a different story as he needs to win now. The Lakers are a few years away from winning it all. In fact last year the Lakers did not even make the playoffs.
The Lakers need to become a playoff team before they can take the next step.

That is why keeping Randle, Lopez, and KCP is a good idea.
And even Isiah Thomas at a decent salary for he can score and Lonzo cannot shoot at this time.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:

Happens to every reporter. People change their minds daily, so will their sources.

Heck yesterday, I was thinking about going to Chili’s today because I haven’t had an awesome blossom in forever. But today I changed my mind and went to Wendy’s instead because I didn’t want to wait.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

should've gone to Olive Garden instead
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

It’s called selective hearing.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

Can honestly say that none of these ”reports” about him potentially staying in OKC has made me blink. I don't think there's anything we could hear before July that would. I'm not buying that OKC has a real shot at this until I read the report that says he's staying.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Ramona is a hard diligent worker who doesn't know a lot about basketball, other than through her job.

The bad part about this, is that you never get any original insight from her... the good part is that she does due diligence so you are getting a clear picture of what executives and insiders are giving her.

Because she doesn't really have an agenda other than continuing to improve her career... she won't taint her reporting with what she wants to happen like other reporters might do.

If you see all that vacillation, it's because that's what Paul and league have done during that time.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
should've gone to Olive Garden instead

Damn, you’re right. All you can eat soup and salad.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

AND THOSE BREADSTIX!
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I think Ramona is a hard diligent worker who doesn't know a lot about basketball, other than through her job.

The bad part about this, is that you never get any original insight from her... the good part is that she does due diligence so you are getting a clear picture of what executives and insiders are giving her.

Because she doesn't really have an agenda other than continuing to improve her career... she won't taint her reporting with what she wants to happen like other reporters might do.

If you see all that vacillation, it's because that's what Paul and league have done during that time.

LG is even doing it to Woj of all people.

Woj says LeBron to Lakers its a Woj Bomb!!!!!! But if he says LeBron to Team x it’s he needs clicks!!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

LG is even doing it to Woj of all people.

Woj says LeBron to Lakers its a Woj Bomb!!!!!! But if he says LeBron to Team x it’s he needs clicks!!!

Yep, these comments reflect more poorly on the posters than they do on these respected reporters.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

It’s called selective hearing.

I agree... Nash Vegas does tend to have selective hearing. Here is the quote -

Ramona Shelbourne wrote:
"Calling around the league the last couple of days... the talk of the league now is whether we really believe Paul George is going to stay in Oklahoma City... I've heard this as well that the Thunder is very confident that he's going to stay."

Nash's post above implicates that the calls around the league were to confirm that people around the league believed George would go back to OKC, such as the Thunder themselves do. However, what was actually said that she made calls around the league and people are merely discussing WHETHER they truly believe he will (apparently in light of OKC's confidence that he will). As such, the only thing she is actually reporting is that, like Stein, she has heard as well that OKC is very confident he's going to stay.

I'm not sure that is new news, but, for sake of neutrality, I'll update the thread title so to create the unfounded mass panic that some here apparently desire.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lebron + CP3 coming to LA noise growing

while

PG13 staying OKC noise growing

hmmm

Some have said that we might need to get CP3 to get LeBron, so maybe George knows the 2nd max player is gonna be CP3 and not him, so returning to OKC appears more likely while the Lakers get LeBron + Paul and other pieces.

Also might be a easier choice for Magic to trade Lonzo then one of Ingram and Kuz. Not cause of talent but cause he's tired of the Lonzo baggage. Plus Cp3 is in his prime and he can help Lebron win now while Lonzo will still take time and hasn't proven to be able to shoot. Also less of a log jam at sg/sf if we get Cp3 rather then George. Idk, just trying to make sense of this
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Can honestly say that none of these ”reports” about him potentially staying in OKC has made me blink. I don't think there's anything we could hear before July that would. I'm not buying that OKC has a real shot at this until I read the report that says he's staying.

As long as he doesn't sign with OKC before July 1, it didn't affect my feelings about it either. I'm not as sure as many here that he's coming, but I'm also not getting swayed the opposite way (that he's now going to OKC) just because Shelburne made some calls.

What I will pay attention to are the rumors that come out after the Lakers meet with him. If it's stuff like "he came out of the meeting underwhelmed" again, then I will start to lose hope.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 820, 821, 822 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 821 of 1028
Jump to: