Shelburne Update on Diss Track - "Lakers have Spoken with both Lonzo/Kuzma to Knock It Off" (p.11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
Time is ticking for LeBron and PG too for that matter. I guarantee you neither one wants to waste a year of their career babysitting these Laker kids. PG was playing with Westbrook this past season. LeBron has been to every Finals since 2011 and is used to playing with pros like Wade. It is a bad look for a team trying to lure these type stars. Maybe decisions have already been made and this is just a blip but it's still a bad look nonetheless. Hopefully the whole thing just blows over.

Babysit? This team made huge jumps especially defensively. The kids are alright and everyone can see that.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

If you and your boys never cracked jokes on each other then are you really boys? These guys crack jokes on each other but when it comes down to it they got each others back. Non-issue just a terrible journalist tryin to create headlines
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
If you and your boys never cracked jokes on each other then are you really boys? These guys crack jokes on each other but when it comes down to it they got each others back. Non-issue just a terrible journalist tryin to create headlines

Draymond clowning cavs with mood shirt is far worse on the blast meter.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

You guys say this... but I've said way less here and people go crying to a moderator.

Dissing someone about not having a father is pretty low... especially doing so in such a public way.

All I can say is that I better not see any of you guys who say that this is nothing complain if someone disrespects you here for some dumb comment.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
You guys say this... but I've said way less here and people go crying to a moderator.

Dissing someone about not having a father is pretty low... especially doing so in such a public way.

All I can say is that I better not see any of you guys who say that this is nothing complain if someone disrespects you here for some dumb comment.

Calling someone pizza face isn’t a term of endearment. I never met my dad and zo line was probably the most harmless attack I have heard regarding that topic.
PerchiN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Calling someone pizza face isn’t a term of endearment. I never met my dad and zo line was probably the most harmless attack I have heard regarding that topic.

Agree...it really depends on the person that it was referenced to. Some people don't care, and it seems Kuzma has done well for himself thus far in life. I was raised by my mother as a single parent and I could care less if someone says anything about my father not being there.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Yep....Kuz started it with his pizza face comment (which it seems most here think is no big deal). I'm surprised most here don't realize making fun of someone's severe acne problem (which leaves permanent scars on his face) is a super hurtful low blow!! It obviously was because Zo hit Kuz back hard for it.

Kuz started it....which many seem to want to ignore and put all the blame on Zo.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Do you know who your dad is at least? Basically, he called his mom a truck stop ho.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Do you know who your dad is at least? Basically, he called his mom a truck stop ho.

No, but you just did.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

You are well adjusted... good for you. Respect. Seriously.

But both the pizza face and the dad line were messed up... and over 80% of the world would not be cool with it.

Just because you've come to some Zen like peace like Cain from Kung Fu doesn't mean everyone else has. In the real world you'd be pissing everyone off with those comments.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

i do not. Did he reference his mom or was he glossing his own dad?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

But both the pizza face and the dad line were messed up... and over 80% of the world would not be cool with it.

Just because you've come to some Zen like peace like Cain from Kung Fu doesn't mean everyone else has. In the real world you'd be pissing everyone off with those comments.

It’s not zen. My mom is/was everything. Never missed having a dad . Wouldn’t change anything.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Update from Ramona Shelburne via ESPN 710:

Quote:
"People on twitter were telling me to 'get off my lawn'... It's not about me, it's not my own opinion. I know there were people in the Lakers organization yesterday who were not happy about this and they spoke to both Lonzo and Kuzma and told them knock it off. And I know that Kuzma and Lonzo have spoken, and they were first like 'yeah it's cool, it's cool'."

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

i do not. Did he reference his mom or was he glossing his own dad?

Isn't it implied? I dunno, that's how I processed it. I still say they blew it not appearing on Drop the Mic.

Last edited by greenfrog on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

It’s not zen. My mom is/was everything. Never missed having a dad . Wouldn’t change anything.

I get that, and I'm glad for you... but surely you can see how maybe others who didn't have such a supportive mom might not feel the same way.

In the era of Modern Family, it's nothing bad to come from a single parent family...but still for a lot of people it's a painful thing, and we should all respect it.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Yep....Kuz started it with his pizza face comment (which it seems most here think is no big deal). I'm surprised most here don't realize making fun of someone's severe acne problem (which leaves permanent scars on his face) is a super hurtful low blow!! It obviously was because Zo hit Kuz back hard for it.

Kuz started it....which many seem to want to ignore and put all the blame on Zo.

I know who's gonna end it.

#BannersOverBillboards
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I get that, and I'm glad for you... but surely you can see how maybe others who didn't have such a supportive mom might not feel the same way.

In the era of Modern Family, it's nothing bad to come from a single parent family...but still for a lot of people it's a painful thing, and we should all respect it.

Kuz mom has a Twitter account and is not quiet about how her son is the second coming. He’s well adjusted. Zo knows this
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:
"People on twitter were telling me to 'get off my lawn'... It's not about me, it's not my own opinion. I know there were people in the Lakers organization yesterday who were not happy about this and they spoke to both Lonzo and Kuzma and told them knock it off. And I know that Kuzma and Lonzo have spoken, and they were first like 'yeah it's cool, it's cool'."

Just heard that segment, was thinking about transcribing it here but decided nah, people will get their undies riled up either way.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Clickbait. Young players are immature. I remember people freaking out over Lebron and selfie-gate. This summer is gonna be so long if we have overreactionary hot takes every single day.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I know who's gonna end it.

Lakers front office ended it per Ramona. It's already ended.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
I don’t think any of it is a big deal and it’s mostly harmless. Only bad thing it just shows the generational gap and youth on our team which maybe something PG and Lebron are not really excited about. Who knows

I doubt Brawn finds jokes about absentee fathers charming. I'm sure he understands this is what happens on anti-social media and with young kids, but still. That might be a touchy area for him.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
I don’t think any of it is a big deal and it’s mostly harmless. Only bad thing it just shows the generational gap and youth on our team which maybe something PG and Lebron are not really excited about. Who knows

I doubt Brawn finds jokes about absentee fathers charming. I'm sure he understands this is what happens on anti-social media and with young kids, but still. That might be a touchy area for him.

You don't think some of Brons fave rappers have used lyrics along those same lines?
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Play meaningful games after April 15 and these kids won’t be bored jumping on their phones doing stupid songs and whatnot “dissing” each other. Problem solved. It is unprofessional and not cool cuz it’s “your boy”. Save that crap for the locker room if you wanna bash each other
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

You don't think some of Brons fave rappers have used lyrics along those same lines?

He's not potentially considering to play for said rappers' basketball association teams.

The 2 yutes are being stupid. It's the forum that's the problem, not that they feel comfortable enough with each other to play around like that without cameras/phones around. Showtime era guys used to hack on each other (got a vid up of Scott saying they called Mychal T "Oreo", etc), but that was so long ago, Magic probably doesn't even remember it.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

Very happy to see the FO step before it goes too far and hurt team chemistry and morale.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14
Jump to: