PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 822, 823, 824 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

For all the fans hating on Ramona and saying she has no credibility.

Don't forget, she was the one who broke the news that Paul George got traded last season.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
For people keeping track, list of NBA insiders who are now reporting OKC confident in retaining PG / PG may stay in OKC:

- Ramona Shelburne
- Marc Stein
- Brian Windhorst
- Chris Mannix

Fake news they’re reporting that OKC feels they have a chance not that he’s staying

I'm just simply the messenger, just simply stating the list of reporters who have are hearing and saying that "OKC is confident in keeping PG" - or - "PG may stay in OKC". Don't understand all the sensitivity going around this board right now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Don't forget, she was the one who broke the news that Paul George got traded last season.

Do you really think fans care what she says rather it’s positive or in a negative light? She’s just doing her job, if she says something that we don’t want to hear... we just let it slide and hope for the best... it’s that simple.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Do you really think fans care what she says rather it’s positive or in a negative light? She’s just doing her job, if she says something that we don’t want to hear... we just let it slide and hope for the best... it’s that simple.

Just check your own posts a few hours ago. You're a 180 yourself
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Just check your own posts a few hours ago. You're a 180 yourself

Yeah, cause I realized that things are more exciting when something isn’t guaranteed
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
32 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
32 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If CP3 is coming, 1 would think Lonzo will be drafted on draft day, especially with the Zhaire Smith rumor.

makes sense to me

If they could move him. His value is low right now.

Low to who? Best defensive rookie. Elite vision, playmaking. Excellent rebounder. Does most everything better other than score compared to other rookies. Fortunately bron, pg etc all know this and if any of them come, playing with zo is likely one of the reasons.

He's injury prone and could have a bad knee.

Played more games his rookie year than Simmons, randle, fultz.

I'm pretty sure best defensive rookie title belongs to Simmons--which isn't to say Zo's defensive wasn't impressive, just not the best.

As to injuries, both Simmons and JR broke bones, they weren't joint injuries, and I don't believe either had a history of breaking bones before. Those are a little different than a chronic knee issue. And then there's the daddy issues.

But yes, he has great potential if he focuses on his body and his game.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Josh Hart talks about recruiting Paul George:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=qggjQtmSyPE

Quote:
How’s it going to be having Paul George as a teammate next season?

”Oh man it’s going to be amazing (laughs) I’m just playing ... No I don’t know what you’re talking about man, but if that did happen that would be a great addition to our very talented core, and if that happened we’d be a force to be reckoned with in the years to come. He’s a great player and we’re going to see what happens.”

”We definitely talked a little bit about it, just kind of throwing little subtle shots. I was letting him know where he should live.”

Josh Hart is the real ROY.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

”Oh man it’s going to be amazing (laughs) I’m just playing ... No I don’t know what you’re talking about man, but if that did happen that would be a great addition to our very talented core, and if that happened we’d be a force to be reckoned with in the years to come. He’s a great player and we’re going to see what happens.”

”We definitely talked a little bit about it, just kind of throwing little subtle shots. I was letting him know where he should live.”

Hart is my Favorite player. I love his defense. I stand by my "the next Ariza" comment
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

“Where he should live?” He owns a 8m house in LA.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
For people keeping track, list of NBA insiders who are now reporting OKC confident in retaining PG / PG may stay in OKC:

- Ramona Shelburne
- Marc Stein
- Brian Windhorst
- Chris Mannix

Fake news they’re reporting that OKC feels they have a chance not that he’s staying

I'm just simply the messenger, just simply stating the list of reporters who have are hearing and saying that "OKC is confident in keeping PG" - or - "PG may stay in OKC". Don't understand all the sensitivity going around this board right now.

Magic said he’s confident as well so why is this news worthy? Sensitive? No I just don’t see how or why this being reported lol
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

These headlines seem to be very fluid. Tomorrow it'll probably read Magic/Rob confident they can land Paul George... still 3 weeks til July 1st.
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

And I'm sure the Thunder were very confident they were going to resign Kevin Durant at this point two years ago and we all know how that turned out.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

- Ramona Shelburne
- Marc Stein
- Brian Windhorst
- Chris Mannix

Magic said he’s confident as well so why is this news worthy? Sensitive? No I just don’t see how or why this being reported lol

Iron Mamba is a good messenger, keep all the reports and details coming good sir.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

More from Ramona Shelburne regarding Paul George / OKC signal around the league:

Quote:
"OKC has been sending the signal out that they can keep Paul George. And when you talk to Paul George's camp they're sending that same signal as well. But I've heard a lot of the same things from Kevin Durant, and I know Paul's from LA and he's said before he wanted to be here in LA."

In other words, Ramona has been hearing OKC for now, but still thinks PG signs with the Lakers.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
More from Ramona Shelburne regarding Paul George / OKC signal around the league:

Quote:
"OKC has been sending the signal out that they can keep Paul George. And when you talk to Paul George's camp they're sending that same signal as well. But I've heard a lot of the same things from Kevin Durant, and I know Paul's from LA and he's said before he wanted to be here in LA."

In other words, Ramona has been hearing OKC for now, but still thinks PG signs with the Lakers.

Thank you Iron Mamba.

Hart >>> Westbrook

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Just wondering... wouldn't "Paul's camp" be Aaron Mintz, Randle's agent? Wasn't it discussed that he might not exactly be a huge fan of the Laker's front office based on how they are treating Randle? I wasn't really paying much attention then so I don't know how that all ended (or if it ever really ended or did we just get distracted).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

Melo is only stuck there for 1 more year, correct?
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Rumor might not be wrong. It could be as sign and trade with the Lakers.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Paul being grilled on playing with Lebron in LA
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

Hart is my Favorite player. I love his defense. I stand by my "the next Ariza" comment

Mine too, just hope he’s a couple inches taller.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
“Where he should live?” He owns a 8m house in LA.

Exactly. PG owns an $8M house in Los Angeles, yet for some reason is forced to reside in BFE OKC. So..... PG.... where do you REALLY want to live?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

Melo is only stuck there for 1 more year, correct?

They are still capped out even when he leaves. Only trade assets would be WB/PG/Adams.
omzzzzz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

Thank you Iron Mamba.

Hart >>> Westbrook

Yes, I think a lot of people may have misinterpreted what Ramona is reporting vs what she actually thinks.

Also, OKC has incentive to leak this kind of story so people don't think nobody wants to play with Westbrook. Aaron Mintz also has incentive to leak the story so the Lakers can pay more attention to his other client Randle and come to a deal earlier.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

PG was telling players in the locker room that he is staying. But he strikes me as a people pleaser and might just say what people want to hear in that moment. Maybe she’s getting her info from some of the players.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

stop eating up what guys like ramona and brossard say. haven't you noticed? it's all "rumors" and their own speculation.

i heard ramona all the time saying "i think lebron..." that's not real news. she's just trying to get air time
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 822, 823, 824 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 823 of 1028
Jump to: