OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1047, 1048, 1049 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I'm not happy about it either, Zo looks like he is more about the fame and spotlight than making the Lakers a better team. Which I'm sure he got from his dad.

With his stellar Rap music career, a baby on the way, a girl friend to marry or pay off, having to listen to his pops, having to council his klepto-bro and his underage bro on their wanna-be NBA careers, I don't see him having much time to work on his strength, his conditioning, his nagging injuries and his horrendous Ft and 3pt shooting..

If he does NOT greatly improve on last years numbers, it'll be time to pull the pull and ship him off with Deng...!

Hate to say it I agree there is just to many red flags with him Watching that video Lonzo is totally engaged in his music I never saw that passion on the basketball court,ever.Lakers may have to realize they made a mistake and move on.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
2019 wrote:

Clever subtle shot but it's not about liking the man on a personal level and wanting him to succeed. It's about liking the stuff he says about the Lakers. Maybe this is LavarGround.net today.

And perpetuating things he says that you don’t like is adding fuel to a fire you want to put out. I wasn’t being clever or subtle, just using common sense.

Perpetuating things he says-- ahh

So if you hear something you think is detrimental, in this case about our beloved team, it's best to cover your ears and mouth about it?

The only people perpetuating Lavar are the media outlets who know by sticking a camera and a microphone in front of him, he's going to say some wild stuff which works solely to their benefit of $$$. They could care less about the team-- they'll exploit whoever for their own gain.

But me, an individual, who has been a season ticket holder, and spent way too many hours thinking about and discussing Lakers, is perpetuating Lavar Ball by hearing what he says and then commenting about the potential detrimental nature of those comments?

Like I said, I like him on a personal level. I think he's a great husband and he wants the best for his kids. Hell, as corny a name as it is and as corny some of his ideas, I like the BBB thing. He can Keep wearing those BBB ties on whatever tv shows you like while parading your son around as some god like figure despite him likely nor being drafted.. cool.

But also have some tact, poise and respect for (if nobody else) Magic and the organization who want nothing more than to see your son succeed.

Yes exactly. And no the media aren’t the only people perpetuating Lavars statements. People sharing the videos on twitter and youtube, are spreading it. People discussing it on forums and bringing it to others attention are spreading it. Again, I like Lavar so I don’t mind it one bit but don’t call me a moron because I’m entertained by him especially while you spread his word throughout LG while acting like what he says is hurting the Lakers. That’s adding fuel to the Lavar fire. All publicity is good publicity, and Lavar clearly believes so too. You and every other person who hates him and discusses him is falling for his trap. And it’s hilarious.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

I'll support him as long as a Laker but I'm certainly not attached. Kuz and BI to me are untouchable but Lonzo can go in the right deal.

He has great natural instincts but has to show he's willing to put in the work and put winning ahead of the other BS.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
I'll support him as long as a Laker but I'm certainly not attached. Kuz and BI to me are untouchable but Lonzo can go in the right deal.

He has great natural instincts but has to show he's willing to put in the work and put winning ahead of the other BS.

IMO, great natural instincts don't grow on trees.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

did Lonzo get beat up yet?
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Hope Lonzo doesn't leave. Alot of new construction in downtown LA. We'll need the bricks.

To put it simply, Lonzo isn't good enough for Lavar to be talking like this.

He's a top-10 guard defender and passer in the NBA as a 20-year-old rookie.

With knee issues.
And the worst shooter ever? I'm genuinely asking. Has anybody shot worse than 36/30/45?

I know he's young and will improve. But he's nowhere good enough to be demanding players to be on the team.
He wasn't even the best rookie on his team.
Might sound like I'm hating. But when your daddy talks mess to our franchise. It leaves the door open for criticism.

Lonzo can shoot. From November 11th to March 5th (29 games) he shot 38%. Last year as a freshman at UCLA he shot 41% from 3 over 36 games. He started his rookie year shooting terrible which happens and he hit the rookie wall which also happens.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Hope Lonzo doesn't leave. Alot of new construction in downtown LA. We'll need the bricks.

With knee issues.
And the worst shooter ever? I'm genuinely asking. Has anybody shot worse than 36/30/45?

I know he's young and will improve. But he's nowhere good enough to be demanding players to be on the team.
Might sound like I'm hating. But when your daddy talks mess to our franchise. It leaves the door open for criticism.

Lonzo can shoot. From November 11th to March 5th (29 games) he shot 38%. Last year as a freshman at UCLA he shot 41% from 3 over 36 games. He started his rookie year shooting terrible which happens and he hit the rookie wall which also happens.

You'd be surprised how well this works with every player in the league.

Just look at their game logs. Try and cluster together their best possible games stretch. Present it as evidence that they are that good based on this stretch of games.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

After seeing the latest Lavar interview - TRADE ZO!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:

With knee issues.

Just look at their game logs. Try and cluster together their best possible games stretch. Present it as evidence that they are that good based on this stretch of games.

Are all of them 20 year old rookies?
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:

With knee issues.

It’s most of his rookie season and his one year in college. He shot well in high school too, but I don’t have the stats.

Do you know anybody that shot 41% from 3 on 5 attempts in college that couldn’t shoot as a pro. Lonzo will be fine
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:

With knee issues.

Show me someone that can’t shoot that shot 38% on 5.5 threes over a 29 game stretch lol. I’d love to see it
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:

How the hell do you hit a rookie wall, when you start off bad, get games off (even when healthy), and you miss 30 out of 82 games. I'm not trying to hear the rookie wall excuse.

I'm rooting for Lonzo. But if anybody thinks Lonzo has earned the right for his camp to be making personnel demands. I just don't get where you're coming from.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:

Do you know anybody that shot 41% from 3 on 5 attempts in college that couldn’t shoot as a pro. Lonzo will be fine

That 45% from the FT line this year is scary bad. Definitely worth being worried about.
Lavar is out of his mind making demands.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

If he's asking for this now. What is his camp gonna ask for if he ever learns how to shoot? Move the franchise to Chino Hills?
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

If he's asking for this now. What is his camp gonna ask for if he ever learns how to shoot? Move the franchise to Chino Hills?

What exactly have the Lakers gave in to with his camp?
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:

That 45% from the FT line this year is scary bad. Definitely worth being worried about.
Lavar is out of his mind making demands.

He shot 67% on 27 more attempts in college if that makes you feel any better

Last edited by scooterp10 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:

How the hell do you hit a rookie wall, when you start off bad, get games off (even when healthy), and you miss 30 out of 82 games. I'm not trying to hear the rookie wall excuse.

I'm rooting for Lonzo. But if anybody thinks Lonzo has earned the right for his camp to be making personnel demands. I just don't get where you're coming from.

He played 52 NBA games 34 min per. He just needs to get stronger and take better care of his body. It’s hard to understand that as a 20 year old.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Just becoming more of a headache by the day. I was supportive but damn, I wish we had Tatum instead.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Told you guys. Lavar might be the thing that unravels our franchise while we're competing for a championship. We have control over what we can do with Lonzo but no control over Lavar. We are at Lavar's mercy once the season starts. So anytime he feels like saying something about somebody and he does it, Lonzo's value is going to plummet if it hasn't already.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

A not insignificant portion of Lakers fandom is infected with stupid.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Guys, come on. He has won at every level except college and the pros...cut him some slack.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

I only understand double or triple negatives so not not significant or not not not insignificant. Now it makes sense to me.

Maybe I'm part of the fandom that's not not infected?

Time for me to stop being not not not stupid.

Okay I used to be a computer programmer who liked to use negatives.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:

It isn't that uncommon for shooting to not translate from college to the NBA.

Two example of past Laker players:

Anthony Brown - career 43% shooter at Stanford, couldn't shoot in the NBA.
Wesley Johnson shot 41% on 3's as a JR in college. Not a great NBA shooter.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1047, 1048, 1049 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1048 of 1688
Jump to: