PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 823, 824, 825 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

PG13 is the cream of the crop among 3 and D guys. That's what he is. His two pt game is inefficient, his 6'8 frame and superior handles like Kobe and T-Mac goes to waste with a career 3.2 assists due to below average vision. If he wants to stay in OKC, it's not a big lost to me. The big lost is causing us to lose Lebron. But maybe Bron is still possible through CP3 route.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

PG is an idiot if he stays in OKC.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

PG always wanted to play in LA, in front of family and friends. Obstacles and contracts stopped that from happening. Last year he let it be known that this is what he wants, even though the Lakers were not a good team! Indy ignored him and traded him to OKC. He told OKC that he was not gonna sign an extension that he wanted to become a free agent, clearing the way for him to without obstacle, live his dream of playing in LA.

Now, we are suppose to believe that 1 season, playing in OKC, where they completely underachieved, and this so called bond with Westbrook is gonna stop him from, without obstacle, of finally getting a chance to live out his dream. On top of that, get a chance to play for Magic Johnson , playing with Lebron James, and playing on a young, exciting up and coming team?

If you tell me That it's about the money, a five year max, that would make sense, but this BS about his bond with Westbrook..... give me a break!!!!
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

OKC, PG and the Lakers all have motivation to put the “OKC is in great shape” message out:

OKC: for Russ and their fans, “We thought we were going to re-sign him. PG loved it here and wanted to come back, but he just couldn’t say no to his family.”

PG: “Guys- I really liked it in OKC. Great organization and great players. But I ultimately decided to go home after a lot of thought and deliberation.” (And no tampering from the Lakers.)

Lakers: “We were really fortunate to change Paul’s mind. He was dead set on staying in OKC, but we were able to convince him of why he should play in LA through a series of conversations that started on July 1st. Nothing else to see here folks.”
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

I dont believe PG or Lebron has decided already. This is his forst free agency and he should listen to the pitch from every team hes interested in. While pritchard is talking about Colaboration Trust and Transparency. Rob and Magic will be talking about championships capspace the youth and the future.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

OKC will be able to make PG the fall guy when he chooses LA. Their fans who don’t know the team’s cap situation all that well are gonna be duped.

This stuff is exactly why I just bought that “Return of the King” book by Windhorst and McMenamin where they detail LeBron’s return to Cleveland back in 2014. Gonna need to pass some time until we actually reach July. My threshold for annoyance when it comes all of these rumors is starting to weaken
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

LeBron could choose Chris Paul over him.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

PG told Indiana he wanted to stay and then he asked for a trade to the Lakers the next day...
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

And he would be equally an idiot to do so.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

I know his health concern but he single handily won Houston 2 games against warriors when harden was chocking
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

I know his health concern but he single handily won Houston 2 games against warriors when harden was chocking

Not sure why I'm picturing LeBron throwing powder in the air pregame.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

PG13 is the better fit because he's a lesser player. He can just spot up for Lonzo or Lebron, and doesn't need the ball. But CP3, at 33, is still the better player. And we can make it work because Lonzo can play off ball.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

PG13 is the better fit because he's a lesser player. He can just spot up for Lonzo or Lebron, and doesn't need the ball. But CP3, at 33, is still the better player. And we can make it work because Lonzo can play off ball.

Don't discount health (including minute restrictions and missing games) and the likelihood that CP3's skills diminish even more next year coming back a year older. George in his prime, CP3 is beginning his decline.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerBaker wrote:
PG told Indiana he wanted to stay and then he asked for a trade to the Lakers the next day...

This right here^^^^
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Having a guy like George, especially at his age, is the perfect fit next to LeBron. LeBron is in the fourth quarter of his career. You can't have your second best player being in the fourth quarter of his career too, especially when he has a track record of being unreliable physically.

Every time Paul's name comes up it makes me throw up a little in my mouth.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
LakerBaker wrote:

This right here^^^^

I trust OKC with news about where PG13 will sign, like I trust my dog with my steak dinner
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
PG13 is the cream of the crop among 3 and D guys. That's what he is. His two pt game is inefficient, his 6'8 frame and superior handles like Kobe and T-Mac goes to waste with a career 3.2 assists due to below average vision. If he wants to stay in OKC, it's not a big lost to me. The big lost is causing us to lose Lebron. But maybe Bron is still possible through CP3 route.

If i had a choice of one or the other it would be PG. We dont know how long Lebron can play at this level his defense already took a hit this season. George is still an elite defender with elite 3 pt shooting.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Don't discount health (including minute restrictions and missing games) and the likelihood that CP3's skills diminish even more next year coming back a year older. George in his prime, CP3 is beginning his decline.

Lonzo would then slide into the Point role, if CP3 goes down. I'm more for signing PG13, but CP3 and Lebron wouldn't be a bad thing, if we kept all our young guys.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

I get it man.. this isn't really ideal. For me, the best case scenario is Kawhi and Kyrie talking right now and letting the Lakers know they are a package deal in '19. That is better than Lebron and whoever this summer. That is my pipe dream. That the Lakers get wind from Kawhi and Kyrie's camp, and we hang tight with all our money, and all our youth for another year. Deng then even becomes asset when he becomes an expiring contract after next year.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

If we're talking pipe dreams: I'll take Paul George this summer, re-sign Randle and add Klay next summer.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
If we're talking pipe dreams: I'll take Paul George this summer, re-sign Randle and add Klay next summer.

PG13 and Klay over Kawhi and Kyrie? In my humble opinion, yuck. LOL!
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I don't trust Kyrie to stay healthy. If you're telling me we can have either Kawhi or PG13, sure I'll take Kawhi, but Klay would be ideal for our offense, imo.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
OKC, PG and the Lakers all have motivation to put the “OKC is in great shape” message out:

OKC: for Russ and their fans, “We thought we were going to re-sign him. PG loved it here and wanted to come back, but he just couldn’t say no to his family.”

PG: “Guys- I really liked it in OKC. Great organization and great players. But I ultimately decided to go home after a lot of thought and deliberation.” (And no tampering from the Lakers.)

Lakers: “We were really fortunate to change Paul’s mind. He was dead set on staying in OKC, but we were able to convince him of why he should play in LA through a series of conversations that started on July 1st. Nothing else to see here folks.”
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:

Exactly.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I don't trust Kyrie to stay healthy. If you're telling me we can have either Kawhi or PG13, sure I'll take Kawhi, but Klay would be ideal for our offense, imo.

And you trust Kawhi to be healthy?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 823, 824, 825 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 824 of 1028
Jump to: