PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 824, 825, 826 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
If we're talking pipe dreams: I'll take Paul George this summer, re-sign Randle and add Klay next summer.

PG13 and Klay over Kawhi and Kyrie? In my humble opinion, yuck. LOL!

Imho

Klay Pg13 > Kyrie Kawhi

Mr. 60 pts in 3 quarters + Playoff P is better than two guys not healthy enough to even make it to the playoffs. Not that I would be mad at Kyrie and Kawhi.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
If we're talking pipe dreams: I'll take Paul George this summer, re-sign Randle and add Klay next summer.

I don't trust Kyrie to stay healthy. If you're telling me we can have either Kawhi or PG13, sure I'll take Kawhi, but Klay would be ideal for our offense, imo.

And you trust Kawhi to be healthy?

It's a weird situation with him for sure, but yeah I think he's less of a risk than Kyrie.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Imho

Klay Pg13 > Kyrie Kawhi

Mr. 60 pts + Playoff P is better than two guys not healthy enough to even make it to the playoffs. Not that I would be mad at Kyrie and Kawhi.

This
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
Ramona Shelburne on Paul George and OKC:

Quote:
Ramona: "Calling around the league the last couple of days... the talk of the league now is whether we really believe Paul George is going to stay in Oklahoma City... I've heard this as well that the Thunder is very confident that he's going to stay."

"It's hard for me to wrap my head around that... but it's a lot more money he gets if he stays. His friendship with Westbrook is genuine... but let's also remember the only people who could talk to you are the people in your team or players around the league. What I've heard is that the Thunder (players) are all over him... remember Kevin Durant, the Warriors players were recruiting Kevin Durant; Draymond was just in his ear blowing up his phone... the Lakers have don't have anybody like that, no is blowing up Paul George's phone. Lakers have no veterans that can text him on that level, they're mostly kids. And tampering-wise there's an extra level of caution for the Lakers to work behind the scenes. So yes, I do believe it will be really hard for Paul to say 'no' to Oklahoma City."

ESPN: "If that happens, lets say Paul George stays there, the chances of LeBron coming to LA is much slimmer yes?"

Ramona: "Yeah of course. Then Lakers have to go to Plan B. You have to get 1 before you get 2. But what I've heard so far about LeBron this summers is that he's going to sit back and see what happens before he makes his decision, which is a nice wishful thinking because I don't know if that's actually possible because every LeBron coverage, its usually nobody makes a decision until LeBron makes a decision."

I told you guys this was a bigger factor than you're accounting for..
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Imho

Klay Pg13 > Kyrie Kawhi

Mr. 60 pts + Playoff P is better than two guys not healthy enough to even make it to the playoffs. Not that I would be mad at Kyrie and Kawhi.

I wasn't thinking health. Just pure game in a perfect world where they're healthy. Klay is a role player, no handles. When the chips are down, the ball is in Curry or KD's hands. When the chips are down, Kyrie will get the ball. Kawhi can also get pts in areas PG13 can't, mainly two point area. PG13 is a 3 and D guy virtually,, and Klay has no handles. It's a mediocre team if these two are your best players.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

If CP3 and Harden = 65 wins and almost knocking off the Warriors, then CP3 and LeBron would be crazy. I feel like PG and LeBron would need another star to take down the Warriors, whereas LeBron and CP3 would only need supplemental pieces that fit their games, like Houston had. Rim protector and 3 and D players.

Chris Paul is a game changer. LeBron is a game changer. Paul George is not. That's not a huge knock. There are only a handful of those in the league right now. But you have two game changers on the same team? We saw how close Houston came without even having a guy like Klay or Draymond on the team.

I mean if we could get all 3, go for it. We're winning the championship. But assuming it's LeBron + CP3 or PG, I'd go for Chris Paul.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Imho

Klay Pg13 > Kyrie Kawhi

I wasn't thinking health. Just pure game in a perfect world where they're healthy. Klay is a role player, no handles. When the chips are down, the ball is in Curry or KD's hands. When the chips are down, Kyrie will get the ball. Kawhi can also get pts in areas PG13 can't, mainly two point area. PG13 is a 3 and D guy virtually,, and Klay has no handles. It's a mediocre team if these two are your best players.

But in a Luke Walton offense, with Lonzo moving the ball, Klay would be perfect. GSW doesn't run many plays for him and the dude gets hot on his own. Kyrie is clutch and the best 1-on-1 guy in the league, but that totally alters the offense I think.

Let's just get both Klay and Kawhi then. Let Ingram improve and we'll be contenders.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:
Ramona: "Calling around the league the last couple of days... the talk of the league now is whether we really believe Paul George is going to stay in Oklahoma City... I've heard this as well that the Thunder is very confident that he's going to stay."

"It's hard for me to wrap my head around that... but it's a lot more money he gets if he stays. His friendship with Westbrook is genuine... but let's also remember the only people who could talk to you are the people in your team or players around the league. What I've heard is that the Thunder (players) are all over him... remember Kevin Durant, the Warriors players were recruiting Kevin Durant; Draymond was just in his ear blowing up his phone... the Lakers have don't have anybody like that, no is blowing up Paul George's phone. Lakers have no veterans that can text him on that level, they're mostly kids. And tampering-wise there's an extra level of caution for the Lakers to work behind the scenes. So yes, I do believe it will be really hard for Paul to say 'no' to Oklahoma City."

ESPN: "If that happens, lets say Paul George stays there, the chances of LeBron coming to LA is much slimmer yes?"

Ramona: "Yeah of course. Then Lakers have to go to Plan B. You have to get 1 before you get 2. But what I've heard so far about LeBron this summers is that he's going to sit back and see what happens before he makes his decision, which is a nice wishful thinking because I don't know if that's actually possible because every LeBron coverage, its usually nobody makes a decision until LeBron makes a decision."

We will know soon enough if PG was blowing smoke all along. If he doesn't have common sense to come to LA, good riddance.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Game changers: LeBron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Chris Paul, AD, Giannis, Kawhi.

That's it.

You pair any two of these up and you don't need a third star.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

We will know soon enough if PG was blowing smoke all along. If he doesn't have common sense to come to LA, good riddance.

Always thought we had the best chance, but far from a forgone conclusion due to him revering Westbrook so much.. that's where I'm at
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

I said a few pages ago that Paul George situation was scaring me. He can get the most money in OKC + never shoulder the blame behind Westbrook. That's hard to pass up.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
If CP3 and Harden = 65 wins and almost knocking off the Warriors, then CP3 and LeBron would be crazy. I feel like PG and LeBron would need another star to take down the Warriors, whereas LeBron and CP3 would only need supplemental pieces that fit their games, like Houston had. Rim protector and 3 and D players.

Chris Paul is a game changer. LeBron is a game changer. Paul George is not. That's not a huge knock. There are only a handful of those in the league right now. But you have two game changers on the same team? We saw how close Houston came without even having a guy like Klay or Draymond on the team.

I mean if we could get all 3, go for it. We're winning the championship. But assuming it's LeBron + CP3 or PG, I'd go for Chris Paul.

CP3 is the RPM king but I would take PG13 over him.

CP3 is my boi but cant lie he has gotten hurt 3 of the last 4 playoffs. Hamstring twice and a broken bone in his hand.

If we sign CP3 and LBJ I will be dancing in the street but PG13 will be the real catch of the summer.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Imho

Klay Pg13 > Kyrie Kawhi

But in a Luke Walton offense, with Lonzo moving the ball, Klay would be perfect. GSW doesn't run many plays for him and the dude gets hot on his own. Kyrie is clutch and the best 1-on-1 guy in the league, but that totally alters the offense I think.

Let's just get both Klay and Kawhi then. Let Ingram improve and we'll be contenders.

I even prefer Klay over PG13, so yes I would be down with that. Kawhi is vastly superior to PG13 in the 2 pt area. Whereas PG13 only has a slight advantage on Kawhi in 3's. But if you look at their career percentage, Kawhi is even better. But edge is to PG13 because he does it from three at a greater volume. But overall before the injury, Kawhi was up there with Bron and KD, as 1,2,3. Nobody talks about PG13 in that light.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CantStopJM wrote:
I said a few pages ago that Paul George situation was scaring me. He can get the most money in OKC + never shoulder the blame behind Westbrook. That's hard to pass up.

If he comes here with LBJ, he has no pressure either.
LakerSanity

USCandLakers wrote:
Game changers: LeBron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Chris Paul, AD, Giannis, Kawhi.

That's it.

Funny. I seem to forget Westbrook/Durant, Westbrook/Durant/Harden or Harden/CP3 winning titles.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

That's it.

Funny. I seem to forget Westbrook/Durant, Westbrook/Durant/Harden or Harden/CP3 winning titles.

Westbrook and Lebron are literally "game changers" because they force their teammates to change their game.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

That's our trump card. Magic needs to get Bron and Paul in the same room.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

Always thought we had the best chance, but far from a forgone conclusion due to him revering Westbrook so much.. that's where I'm at

The NBA needs its free agency drama. We need to avoid the appearance of tampering. PG wanted to come here last year when the team was clearly worse. Now he can come to a team with LeBron instead of Westbrick, and OKC barely made the playoffs last season and is capped out.

I'm not really worried about it. If we don't get PG, I think it will be because we told him no, not the other way around, and we have something better brewing.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Imho

Klay Pg13 > Kyrie Kawhi

You have two wings that can put up 50+ points and play lock down defense. Both of these guys would be better than anyone on that 2013 Spurs team. You can most certainly make a championship team out of a Klay/PG lead squad. It would be all about the complimentary pieces. A PG that can penetrate and play D, shoot the 3. Someone like Terry Rozier. Rim protecting C. Someone like Capela. A 4 that can play D and hit the occasional 3. Someone like Aaron Gordon. Motion offense.

I like it.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

That's our trump card. Magic needs to get Bron and Paul in the same room.

The issue would then be how will he sell it to them both? Their supporting cast is talented, but 3 guys are rookies, and the other 2 have less than 5 years in the NBA.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

That's it.

None of those teams needed a third star to have legitimate chances. Westbrook/Durant almost took down a 73 win squad. Westbrook/Durant/Harden went to the finals. And Harden/CP3 almost took down the Monstars. Probably would have without a CP3 injury.

You didn't look at any of those teams and say they needed more talent to win. They just ran into better teams.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

A little early to start saying ‘I told ya so’, no?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

The NBA needs its free agency drama. We need to avoid the appearance of tampering. PG wanted to come here last year when the team was clearly worse. Now he can come to a team with LeBron instead of Westbrick, and OKC barely made the playoffs last season and is capped out.

I'm not really worried about it. If we don't get PG, I think it will be because we told him no, not the other way around, and we have something better brewing.

You think PG is just being committed to a long con? Can't buy that conspiracy.. Think the bromance thing is more realistic for a millennial
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie a free agent this summer?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

You think PG is just being committed to a long con? Can't buy that conspiracy.. Think the bromance thing is more realistic for a millennial

If peer pressure could do that much to him, all I can say is, "wow."

Someone needs to find current Paul George betting odds LOL.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 824, 825, 826 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 825 of 1028
Jump to: