The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 359, 360, 361 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

If we sign LBJ, can we ship him to SA for Kawhi?
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
In a way, I'm hoping the first dominoe is a Kawhi supermax extension. Since I dont think CP3 leaves Houston nor are any of the other available players worth trading our youngs for, I think the only road left at that point would be one or two max players and keeping our young core. I really dont want us to split up our young guys. The whole plan to me was to have the best of both worlds - youth and ready made stars, not one or the other. We have a chance at having our cake and eating it too. Hope we dont screw it up.

+1

When PG and LBJ's Contracts are up our kids will be ready for their max contracts and we can keep this train moving for a long while.

Agree. But unfortunately what we and the front office want is different from what LBJ wants. He won't care what happens to this Lakers team after he retires.
Even after Leonard signs the extension, I can still see some possible realistic target that Lakers will try to get for example Derozen, Walker and Mccollum.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

That would be awesome

Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Minnesota isn't trading Butler this summer.

I don't think they will, but it wouldn't shock me. I think it would be a perfectly rational thought-process if they did move him, especially if he has privately told them that he isn't likely to re-sign there. His value right now is quite a bit higher than it would be at the trade deadline when he will be a strict rental, and a team that could get him this summer would have a whole offseason and training camp with him, and would get more of a feel for that team, making it more likely (in theory) that he could re-up there.

If he's told them he's unlikely to re-sign there, and when you couple that with the fact that it would be a very pricey team if KAT and Wiggins are on RFA maxes and Butler on the 30% max...I dunno LS, I can see it. Not saying it's likely, but I can see it.

Anything is possible. I understood all the arguments when I said what I said. However, I try to live in what's reasonably possible based on what we know. They are going to give the Butler/KAT/Wiggins trio a second year because the alternative, including trading Butler, is a step back after making the playoffs for the first time in a decade. For them, making the playoffs was a big deal and will be a big deal for them if they can do it two years in a row. They aren't going to give up on that quickly.

I think they watch the team in the first half of the year. If things go poorly and/or they get any indication from Butler that he wants to leave, I think Thibs gets fired first and they see if they can make some other moves before they trade Butler. Both could happen midseason, but I tend to think that's the order it goes.

I agree, I don't see Butler getting traded this summer, but could definitely see it happening at the TD.
That may work to our advantage.
Like many, I'm hoping we add LBJ and PG and Keep Randle, and I think it's possible.
That would give us the chance to see how the team plays. If we feel we could improve, maybe we make a play for Butler at the TD. If the Wolves do feel forced to move him at the TD, he could really leverage himself to the Lakers, by telling other potential suitors he won't commit to resigning.
If we resigned Randle for 16-18, as many expect, we could flip Randle and a 2019 first rounder for Butler, and that MAY be enough.
I'd rather have Kawhi, but I just don't think the Spurs let him get away, and if they do, he would cost a lot more than Butler would.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

USCnLakers wrote:

Okay this is just weird.
Kookie Monster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
epak wrote:
Kookie Monster wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
So it looks like it was a BS report that Lebron was going to meet with the Cavs today.

Can we all just report when there is real news reported?

Whoever reported that in the media is an idiot.

LeBron supposedly met with the Cavs today to inform them of his free agency plans, not to announce his decision to the world.

Stay tuned...

We need you to get us some info

I am saying no one is reporting this!! No one...espn isn't, no one is. It would be big news? Right? BS report that folks jumped on.

I don't know how legit Brandon "Scoop B" Robinson, but he was on a Philadelphia radio show today explaining how he got word from a source that LeBron was to meet with The Cavs to let them know what he plans on doing.

It was only a private internal meeting, same type of meeting Kyrie had when he requested a trade. Kyrie's meeting where requested a trade wasn't televised or known to the public. We only heard about his request after the fact.

I guess this meeting between LeBron and the Cavs is similar to that meeting, except this guy Brandon found out that it was taking place today and he decided to share that info. Brandon's source is the same source that informed him of LeBron's decision to return to Cleveland about 4 years ago.

LeBron was not supposed to announce his decision to all the world today. It was just a meeting with the Cavs. So if this is true and it took place today, the Cavs know what LeBron intends to do. Now they have that much more time to plan their summer accordingly.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:

Would automatically make Magic GOAT GM.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
So it looks like it was a BS report that Lebron was going to meet with the Cavs today.

Or maybe they did meet, so then this happened?

https://twitter.com/jeaniebuss/status/1007096664136540160?s=21

🤔
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
trablos wrote:

We should let our young guys develop for one more year and wait for the 2019 FA class, it's much better. We've already endured 5 years of nonsense, one more year won't hurt. Say NO to LeBron!!!
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:
trablos wrote:

We should let our young guys develop for one more year and wait for the 2019 FA class, it's much better. We've already endured 5 years of nonsense, one more year won't hurt. Say NO to LeBron!!!

Why wait ? You make it seem as though it is certain Lakers get a big name.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:

I want to make one thing clear. LA thinks they are getting both PG and Bron. Many around the league believe the same. Most everyone I have spoken to think LA is getting both. Do they know that for a fact? No. All the signs are pointing at it. Scottie Pippin on the jump today, go watch that and tell me what you think. His kids from what I'm heading have given VERBAL commitments to go play HS in LA. Is it done? No. Nothing is signed. His family is important to him now. He wants to be around his kids. PG and Kuzma were just recently on the same Fortnite team at E3 in LA. They got along great from what I hear and bonded. Is this for certain that they will get both? No. Nothing is done. We can speculate all we want. I'm telling you what I am hearing. If talks with Sas and Kawhi go south, expect the Lakers to try to package some young talent for him. Will it happen? No one knows! Is this Las dream scenario? Yes. To build a big three. I heard today the Lakers will even throw Lonzo and other pieces to try to get Lillard. They are star hunting. What I've learned all my years.. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Listen to Cat, he makes a lot of sense. He thinks very logically.

Oh, also, small tidbit, nothing big. Lakers, if they keep Zo will try for Tony Parker as a bsckup/mentor role

CyberX insider on clutch fans

His "inside" knowledge is everything that's been on talk radio the last week.

For real... this is all his speculation IMO but I agree these are all things they are going to do. My ideal summer includes Lillard/George/Ingram/LeBron/Randle so for now, I'll pretend like he's a legit source
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
kwase wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:
trablos wrote:

Why wait ? You make it seem as though it is certain Lakers get a big name.

Nothing is certain, but LeBron would destroy the young talent we have. The way he plays makes players worse, and if things don't go his way he'll blame everyone but himself. He's a spoiled, entitled brat that acts like a 6 year old. Not to mention watching him play is boring. He has no heart. As for Paul George, I'm not 100% sold on him either, but he'd be better than LeBron. Kawhi and Anthony Davis are the real deal, and they are the only 2 players coming up in free agency that can get you a championship. Plus, the Warriors are probably going to 3-peat anyway.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Will he be the new Big Game James?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:

I want to make one thing clear. LA thinks they are getting both PG and Bron. Many around the league believe the same. Most everyone I have spoken to think LA is getting both. Do they know that for a fact? No. All the signs are pointing at it. Scottie Pippin on the jump today, go watch that and tell me what you think. His kids from what I'm heading have given VERBAL commitments to go play HS in LA. Is it done? No. Nothing is signed. His family is important to him now. He wants to be around his kids. PG and Kuzma were just recently on the same Fortnite team at E3 in LA. They got along great from what I hear and bonded. Is this for certain that they will get both? No. Nothing is done. We can speculate all we want. I'm telling you what I am hearing. If talks with Sas and Kawhi go south, expect the Lakers to try to package some young talent for him. Will it happen? No one knows! Is this Las dream scenario? Yes. To build a big three. I heard today the Lakers will even throw Lonzo and other pieces to try to get Lillard. They are star hunting. What I've learned all my years.. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Oh, also, small tidbit, nothing big. Lakers, if they keep Zo will try for Tony Parker as a bsckup/mentor role

For real... this is all his speculation IMO but I agree these are all things they are going to do. My ideal summer includes Lillard/George/Ingram/LeBron/Randle so for now, I'll pretend like he's a legit source

Lonzo + who you have going to Portland?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:

Can I also trade Ingram for Kawhi?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
2019 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:

fine, go ahead
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Damn someone on another forum said the league might come down on a tampering violation between the Lakers and LeBron
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
2019 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:

fine, go ahead

Damn, it's lit now!

Lillard/George/Kawhi/Lebron/Lopez
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
2019 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Quote:

Lonzo + who you have going to Portland?

First of all, I don't want this to turn into a bunch of posters attacking me over this, nor am I sure there is a real path to make my dream happen. I'm just saying, I would love to see it. I don't think Dame is 100% off the table and I can't help but wonder if behind the scenes in his meetings with ownership he's pulling a Kyrie but I don't think we've got the pieces unless we offer 2 guys out of Lonzo/BI/Kuz. Even that's not enough unless we took on a deal.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Damn someone on another forum said the league might come down on a tampering violation between the Lakers and LeBron

lol on clutchfans? its not happening
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

Here is the link, it’s a mod who said it but suggested to take it with a Giant grain of salt...

http://lakersball.com/threads/labron-discussion-the-good-the-bad-the-elderly.2737/page-264
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

http://lakersball.com/threads/labron-discussion-the-good-the-bad-the-elderly.2737/page-264
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

not happening
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

not happening

Hopefully, I don’t want the league crying wolf about the Lakers doing illegal stuff.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

not happening

Hopefully, I don’t want the league crying wolf about the Lakers doing illegal stuff.

Wouldn't surprise me. Magic got hit with a fine for saying Giannis is going to help the Bucks win a championship. Its like the league has been enjoying our Robert Sacre era for so long and they see us rising so they're just anxious for another round of "basketball reasons".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 359, 360, 361 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 360 of 2079
Jump to: