OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1071, 1072, 1073 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
epak wrote:
https://twitter.com/NBCSBulls/status/1006575327194374144

Wow, even Bulls fan thinks BI is good enough not to be traded.
I wonder what people outside of Lakers fans really think of BI.
From what I've been hearing in the media, it's a totally different take from what it was from year 1. Year 1, people were down on him. But this year, I hear a lot of "He's good. He's improved a lot."

It would be absolutely stupid to trade any of BI, Lonzo, Kuzma or even Hart before you see how they look for 20-30 games next season. It’s not like they’ll be less valuable at that point.

It would also be stupid to let Randle walk over draft picks or young guys not mentioned above. What he brings to this team cannot be replaced by anything available this offseason and he will be a important part of a deep playoff run.

Yep, any scenario with trading Ingram or Randle or both to get LeBron is not a dynastic one. He's 1-4 in his last 5 Finals and going on 34. There is no 'dynasty' in his future, his a 2 year run where he hopes to squeeze out maybe one more Championship and then bolt.

And if BI stayed, I personally in BI's shoes, wouldn't be looking forward to standing in a corner all game waiting for a pass and having to give up the most effective part of my game which was getting to the basket in order to placate LeBron, while also being relegated to the bench.

I'd be far more excited about Paul George being the wing-man next to me than GM James showing up.

It's good to see BI performing and playing again.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
epak wrote:
https://twitter.com/NBCSBulls/status/1006575327194374144

Wow, even Bulls fan thinks BI is good enough not to be traded.
I wonder what people outside of Lakers fans really think of BI.
From what I've been hearing in the media, it's a totally different take from what it was from year 1. Year 1, people were down on him. But this year, I hear a lot of "He's good. He's improved a lot."

It would be absolutely stupid to trade any of BI, Lonzo, Kuzma or even Hart before you see how they look for 20-30 games next season. It’s not like they’ll be less valuable at that point.

It would also be stupid to let Randle walk over draft picks or young guys not mentioned above. What he brings to this team cannot be replaced by anything available this offseason and he will be a important part of a deep playoff run.

Yep, any scenario with trading Ingram or Randle or both to get LeBron is not a dynastic one. He's 1-4 in his last 5 Finals and going on 34. There is no 'dynasty' in his future, his a 2 year run where he hopes to squeeze out maybe one more Championship and then bolt.

And if BI stayed, I personally in BI's shoes, wouldn't be looking forward to standing in a corner all game waiting for a pass and having to give up the most effective part of my game which was getting to the basket in order to placate LeBron, while also being relegated to the bench.

I'd be far more excited about Paul George being the wing-man next to me than GM James showing up.

It's good to see BI performing and playing again.

I want PG and now LBJ and I'm willing to give up Alex Caruso and Zu...I can be insanely reasonable.

#BannersOverBillboards
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

If need be I’d gladly dump Kuz and Zo. BI is the only untouchable. He’s probably busting his ass and improving. Not a peep from him. Can’t say the same for Zo and Kuz!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
If need be I’d gladly dump Kuz and Zo. BI is the only untouchable. He’s probably busting his ass and improving. Not a peep from him. Can’t say the same for Zo and Kuz!

Great point.
Get rid of the 2 guys that showed more in their rookie seasons than BI did his.
Just keep all 3.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
YSong wrote:

Great point.
Just keep all 3.

You can show more but does that mean you keep wanting more?

BI made great strides his 2nd yr.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
epak wrote:
YSong wrote:

Great point.
Just keep all 3.

And like BI, I think we need to see what kind of progress our rookies make going into year 2.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
YSong wrote:
epak wrote:
YSong wrote:

Great point.
Just keep all 3.

And like BI, I think we need to see what kind of progress our rookies make going into year 2.

Lost cause. I think it's been scientifically proven that you can't improve and post on social media in the same offseason.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

The pups are young.. They're going to post on social media, we're living in a different era guys. Haven't heard any reports about Kuz or Ball being slackers. I'm just going to assume they're working their asses off until I hear otherwise.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject:

BI working on his 3pt shot.

He’s been putting a lot of work in so far this summer, same with Randle

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
BI working on his 3pt shot.

He’s been putting a lot of work in so far this summer, same with Randle

Lmao @ that guy jumping to put the ball in his hands and Ingram cheesing the whole time
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

gonna be a good season coming up...
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

I think back on when the team gelled, was healthy, and won 12 of 16 before injuries got them again.

If they had the guy in this video, catching and willingly shooting umpers, along with Julius who is practicing Dreamshakes and Durant-esque turn around jumpers from distance, that's a guaranteed playoff team...last year. They would have beaten the Warriors in the close games they lost (at least 3?) and many others.

With Hart's late season improvement, that's a really good team. Kuzma and Ball showing any improvement at all makes this a dangerous team for anyone else. Add the appropriate mix of f/a's without destroying chemistry, along with a rotational #25 pick, and this team is immediately competing for rings, just like with the addition of Pau in 07/08, from where I sit, IMHO.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

18/7/5
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Wish the youngin didn’t get hurt. Would’ve liked to enjoy watching him a few more games at the end of the yeAr.

With pg and Lebron possibly coming..I really think Ingram will be a trade piece for the 3rd star. He has the most value. Sad cause he’s my fave laker.

Wonder if him being MIA and not in LA has to do with him kinda knowing his time could be up.
Kuz himself did say Ingram fell off the map and he even posted on IG saying where’s BI? Lol
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Wish the youngin didn’t get hurt. Would’ve liked to enjoy watching him a few more games at the end of the yeAr.

With pg and Lebron possibly coming..I really think Ingram will be a trade piece for the 3rd star. He has the most value. Sad cause he’s my fave laker.

Wonder if him being MIA and not in LA has to do with him kinda knowing his time could be up.
Kuz himself did say Ingram fell off the map and he even posted on IG saying where’s BI? Lol

Magic is not willing to let that come back and bite him...That would be a fatal mistake
the Kuz and mia ish is silly...come on now
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Well I’m just saying that once the season ended BI went silent and has been away from LA. Yeah probably reading too much into it but when you see hart zo and Kuzma..all guys magic drafted in La but Randle and Ingram not in LA at all..makes you wonder.

Part of me thinks if trades will be made magic and pelinka will send out the guys from the previous regime befor they trade their prized draft picks.

Dlo JC Nance. Only ones left are BI zu and Julius
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Well I’m just saying that once the season ended BI went silent and has been away from LA. Yeah probably reading too much into it but when you see hart zo and Kuzma..all guys magic drafted in La but Randle and Ingram not in LA at all..makes you wonder.

Part of me thinks if trades will be made magic and pelinka will send out the guys from the previous regime befor they trade their prized draft picks.

Zo is from LA, so where do you want him to go? Ot has been stated that Kuz, Zo, and Hart work at the facility every day almost and Miles Simon works with them individually
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Zo is from LA, so where do you want him to go? Ot has been stated that Kuz, Zo, and Hart work at the facility every day almost and Miles Simon works with them individually

I don’t want him to go anywhere. I’m glad the guys are together in La working out, getting better.

Just wondering why BI who I see as part of the young core and Julius who I hope will be are not in the facility working out.

Probably just want to visit family and do their own thing. Or maybe they see that they could be on the outside looking in with the the whole Lebron and Pg coming.

Just wondering man lol. Nothing to get worked up about
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
PG13 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

I don’t want him to go anywhere. I’m glad the guys are together in La working out, getting better.

Just wondering why BI who I see as part of the young core and Julius who I hope will be are not in the facility working out.

Probably just want to visit family and do their own thing. Or maybe they see that they could be on the outside looking in with the the whole Lebron and Pg coming.

Just wondering man lol. Nothing to get worked up about

Probably because they both have their own personal trainers they're working with. Pretty common in the L
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

I've said this a number of times before and it always seems to fall on deaf ears, but it really makes no difference that the new regime didn't draft BI or hire Luke. What they said about both of them publicly was what you'd expect them to say about a guy they did draft and a coach they did hire. BI isn't going anywhere unless it's for Kawhi. As high as they are on Lonzo and Kuz, they've always been just as high on BI, if not higher. Folks here like to include him in all kinds of weird trades to dump Deng, but it only shows that their view of him isn't anything close to the way the FO and coaching staff views him. They got rid of Russell as the sweetener in a salary dump deal because they weren't that high on him. They're not going to do that with BI. George would've been a Laker before the season if the FO had been willing to surrender BI to Indy.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject:

no need to comment further...just some silly 'summer doldrums' b4 Summer League ... only 2 more weeks
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Magic is not willing to let that come back and bite him...That would be a fatal mistake

Kuz has been very silly this off season to say the least, very cringe worthy and annoying

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
ratra_1211
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject:

FWIW i think i saw that Julius has been training with Amoila in the lakers facility (via Amoila Caesar's story on IG)
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject:

Noticably Bigger Brandon Ingram continuing to work this off-season

UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Kuz has been very silly this off season to say the least, very cringe worthy and annoying

A little too much Kuz this off-season, IMO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1071, 1072, 1073 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1072 of 1885
Jump to: