The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1431, 1432, 1433 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject:

didnt dallas give parsons that contract in the first place lol
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
didnt dallas give parsons that contract in the first place lol

They signed him as a RFA from Houston, and then Memphis signed him when his contract ended. This guy has fooled 2 franchises into giving him major money
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
So rumor has it Dallas is looking to engage with Memphis on their idea of trading the #4 pick if someone takes Parsons along. That'd take them out of the Randle sweepstakes.

Do it Dallas. Would be smart for them.

Not sure why Memphis is acting so irresponsibly. #4 pick would be a major addition for them over the cap space or luxury tax savings. terrible.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
So rumor has it Dallas is looking to engage with Memphis on their idea of trading the #4 pick if someone takes Parsons along. That'd take them out of the Randle sweepstakes.

Not sure why Memphis is acting so irresponsibly. #4 pick would be a major addition for them over the cap space or luxury tax savings. terrible.

Really doesn't make sense for Memphis unless they're planning to trade Gasol and Conley too. It's not like taking Parsons off the books leads them anywhere.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

Really doesn't make sense for Memphis unless they're planning to trade Gasol and Conley too. It's not like taking Parsons off the books leads them anywhere.

If that's the case, why are they trading the 4th pick if they're trying to firesale and rebuild? Makes 0 sense. John Hollinger has lost his mind.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't think Jules is getting anywhere near the max.

When the dust is settled, in this weak cap space environment, I see something in the 15-18m range for him.

I hope you are correct. That contract keeps him in a Laker uniform. And at a bargain price too.

Which should be one of the priorities in free agency IMO. It supports a long term vision for the team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

When the dust is settled, in this weak cap space environment, I see something in the 15-18m range for him.

I hope you are correct. That contract keeps him in a Laker uniform. And at a bargain price too.

Which should be one of the priorities in free agency IMO. It supports a long term vision for the team.

You are already seeing teams looking to absorb bad deals to get a pick (Denver #14, Memphis #4). That would take some of the Deng dump offs (bad) but also Jules suitors too.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

If that's the case, why are they trading the 4th pick if they're trying to firesale and rebuild? Makes 0 sense. John Hollinger has lost his mind.

The owner and his lawyer are getting involved with basketball operations and the basketball people aren't driving. GM Chris Wallace has been disappointing and the owner meddling is not likely to help.

Grizzlies owner Robert Pera expects team to win 50-plus games
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
22 wrote:
I really don’t care to get lebron so it’s a very easy decision for me

Same
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You are already seeing teams looking to absorb bad deals to get a pick (Denver #14, Memphis #4). That would take some of the Deng dump offs (bad) but also Jules suitors too.

Seeing that. Going to be interesting to see if any or how many of these type of moves actually happen. Certainly adds to the intrigue of the draft and looming free agency.

There certainly has been a trend of posters speculating the market is going to limited and players like Randle will pay the price. Would love for the Lakers to get a "deal" this offseason. Signing Randle long term for that $15-18M would be one IMO. Expecting him to continue to improve if given the room to grow.

Deng benefited (and the Lakers paid ) in an increased cap player's market. Would be nice for the Lakers to get a bit of karmic payback with some below market signings.

On the Deng dump off topic. Not sure the Lakers will be so willing to give up the assets to move him if they lose Randle. If they go down the vet win now path, Deng fits again in a backup PF role.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Obviously.

In your world Randle is more valuable than James.

You must be quite the business man.

James is a b-tc h. I concede that, but some folks are way too emotional in their reaction to his “b-tc hness”.

No way do you pass up James to resign Randle.

It’s that plus let’s be real, dude isn’t getting any younger and he’s faaaaar over due for a major injury. Of course I’m not wishing injury on the man, but the odds are not in his favor. He’s not helping anything by going all “Amare” on that whiteboard after game 1 either lol.

I’m glad to see I’m not alone in this, thanks for the support fellas

Yup. I just know if we get Lebron we will have to let Randle walk and trade 2 out of Lonzo Kuzma and BI to get a third star. And even after all that...is it a sure shot to beat GSW?

I don’t get why we sacrifice what we’ve been building for an aging Lebron. This sucks cause I initially wanted just George but I’m not confident he comes by himself.

Either way I am very fond of our young core and would like to see them develop. Kuzma and BI can be something special. But we’ll see..
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject:

15-18 per year for Julius seems pretty high to me - I would really hope to sign him at more like 12.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I've got a question.

If you had 8 Elite years of Randle in front of you vs 2 Elite years of James while the Warriors and Rockets run the West.

Which is more valuable to our team?

This is the question I try to get through to people. I feel people only have a 2 year plan and willing to strip the team of our young talent.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
MJST wrote:
I've got a question.

If you had 8 Elite years of Randle in front of you vs 2 Elite years of James while the Warriors and Rockets run the West.

Which is more valuable to our team?

This is the question I try to get through to people. I feel people only have a 2 year plan and willing to strip the team of our young talent.

I would do whatever it takes to get PG/LBJ/Jules. It's possible. It may be costly but possible. LBJ knows that he needs Jules to match up and beat the Warriors.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
15-18 per year for Julius seems pretty high to me - I would really hope to sign him at more like 12.

I have similar feelings of signing the marquee free agents.

I hope the FO can find some compromises with the players to keep the team depth. Will they be willing to each sign for 5-10% less to improve the chances of being more competitive?

I keep focusing on a month from now we will know much more about the direction and reality of this roster.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

James (if he comes) will probably want Randle on the team as he's our best foil for Draymond. Don't think LeBron would fancy that matchup on the defensive side of the ball.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject:

I'd have to think that Julius having the same agent as PG, whom we will undoubtedly pursue, will serve as a plus. Having those communication channels overlapping will make things much easier to coordinate.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

I still have a feeling that the front office has a solution for Deng in their back pocket. You heard it here first.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Seeing that. Going to be interesting to see if any or how many of these type of moves actually happen. Certainly adds to the intrigue of the draft and looming free agency.

There certainly has been a trend of posters speculating the market is going to limited and players like Randle will pay the price. Would love for the Lakers to get a "deal" this offseason. Signing Randle long term for that $15-18M would be one IMO. Expecting him to continue to improve if given the room to grow.

Deng benefited (and the Lakers paid ) in an increased cap player's market. Would be nice for the Lakers to get a bit of karmic payback with some below market signings.

On the Deng dump off topic. Not sure the Lakers will be so willing to give up the assets to move him if they lose Randle. If they go down the vet win now path, Deng fits again in a backup PF role.

$15-18 is NOT a "deal".

$12-14M would be a deal

$15M per would be "fine"

$16M per would be a contract he could grow into

$17M+ is an overpay imo.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

Depending on the draft, I think Dallas tenders Randle an offer pretty quickly. Pretty sure they’ll make him an offer right at 20 million.

Dallas makes this offer because it would put the Lakers in a definite quandary.
Assuming they’re able to dump Deng, at 20 million, if the Lakers do match, they won’t be able to offer both James and George maxes. They’d have to ask them to take paycuts.

Someone mentioned telling Randle to wait on taking offers from other teams, but you can only do that if you’re promising him top money. You can’t tell him to help you out if you aren’t helping him, and you help him by paying him top dollar.

Because of the presence of Dallas, unless the Lakers are willing to pay Randle 20 mill per, you all need to really prepare yourselves for his departure.

If Dallas drafts Jaren Jackson like I foresee and Washington goes after Cousins, like I also foresee, Dallas is coming for Randle — hard.

If you want to keep Randle, you all need to pray hard that Cuban wants Cousins. All the bigs in the draft have potential to compliment Randle, so, as I thought before, that won’t really deter Dallas, but signing Cousins would be a HUGE deterrent to signing Randle.

Cuban’s love for Cousins is the only hope to keep Randle, IMO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

Dallas may take on Faried or Parson's and gain another lotto pick. I can see them doing that over offering Jules 20m on day 1 (which is about a week after the moratorium).
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

$15-18 is NOT a "deal".

$12-14M would be a deal

$15M per would be "fine"

$16M per would be a contract he could grow into

$17M+ is an overpay imo.

Respect that you have a strong opinion. But it is an opinion.

Another opinion is that he could just as easily get a contract over that $18m per year line in the sand if you compare to similar young players contracts or consider his actual max.

I do think the RFA status and the limited cap available league wide this season will be in the Lakers advantage. But I also will not be shocked if one team sees the potential and is willing to put their money on the table. Especially if they see an opportunity if the Lakers are overly distracted by marquee players
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

Dallas can have him at 20 mil per year

that's a crazy price for Randle IMO
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

If we sign PG/Lebron, how much we pay Randle is irrelevant given we'll be over the cap regardless. The $4m difference between a $16m deal and a $20m deal where we sign PG/Lebron is worth keeping him because that difference has no effect on us. Now, if we are trying to punt cap space into 2019 where we don't sign two max guys this summer, that's where paying Randle that extra money becomes an issue. Only in the latter circumstance should anyone really care about how much we pay him.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Dallas can have him at 20 mil per year

that's a crazy price for Randle IMO

More then I would prefer paying but if Lakers have to match a 4yr/$80m offer to keep Randle I can live with it.

But I also believe I am a bit more optimistic about his potential to develop his skills and be an impact player then many. Make him a foundation piece and IMO he thrives. A couple years from now I think a $20m per year contract could be considered a steal for his contributions. JMO
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1431, 1432, 1433 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1432 of 1536
Jump to: