OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 307, 308, 309 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
https://twitter.com/LakerFilmRoom/status/1006965578332979200

Quote:
Laker Film Room @LakerFilmRoom
8m8 minutes ago

Kyle Kuzma is at the facility and he looks noticeably bigger than the last time that I saw him, in a good way. He's bulked up and is in great shape. Was working on ball-handling drills with Miles Simon a moment ago.

When is the fight?

Now I wanna hear about Lonzo's weight. And hopefully there will be a pre-fight weigh-in too.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Listening to Ramona talk about Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma and guaging which of the 3 the Lakers would likely keep if they had to trade 1 or 2. Not sure if this was just her own opinion, or the Lakers line of thinking... but she said Kuzma was the keeper. The reasoning because out of all the other 3 guys he was the one that has both the "it" factor and that "fire" to be one of the best in the game.

Good players have 2 types of drives:

- ones that strive to get better for fear of being looked as a failure

- ones that strive to get better because they want to be one of the best in the game

Not saying the other 2 don't, but you can definitely see it with Kuzma. He's always playing with a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove he'll be one of the best. Reminds me of how Damian Lillard approaches the game.

I love me some Kuzma, but...

1) since when did Ingram not have the "fire" to be great? Isn't that one of the guy's major selling points? and...

2) if the Lakers really do prefer a nearly 23-year-old Kuzma over Ball and Ingram because Kuz has "fire," there may be some deep-seated problems in the front office.

I would not worry. I imagine that the next time Magic is asked about Ingram and we see his glowing smile and his high praise of BI's work ethic, focus, determination, etc, this worry will abate.

That doesn't mean, of course, that anybody is untradeable. I think Magic is happy to have all three players as long as they keep developing, unless or until they can trade them to improve the team.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
https://twitter.com/LakerFilmRoom/status/1006965578332979200

Quote:
Laker Film Room @LakerFilmRoom
8m8 minutes ago

Kyle Kuzma is at the facility and he looks noticeably bigger than the last time that I saw him, in a good way. He's bulked up and is in great shape. Was working on ball-handling drills with Miles Simon a moment ago.

When is the fight?

Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

High praises from Caron Butler calling Kuzma a locker room leader among the young players.

Kuzma is also the Laker who was always there working in the gym (with Josh Hart a close second):

https://twitter.com/imsupercap/status/1007518014973939712?s=21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
High praises from Caron Butler calling Kuzma a locker room leader among the young players.

Kuzma is also the Laker who was always there working in the gym (with Josh Hart a close second):

https://twitter.com/imsupercap/status/1007518014973939712?s=21

Why do you have to post things like this? He might get traded now
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

KUZMA'S JOURNEY FOR SIGNIFICANCE IS ONLY BEGINNING

Quote:
Kyle Kuzma really did just liken himself to Michael Jackson in his quest to become a global icon. He just shrugged and said visions of being NBA MVP or in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame don’t faze him: “Not at all…because I work for it.” Kuzma is so committed to understanding and maximizing success that he pointedly asked Kobe Bryant how to manage early accolades — and got an answer that might well have changed his life.

To understand why Kuzma is so boldly confident, especially remarkable considering he didn’t have much to be confident about during his formative years, goes beyond the work ethic in the gym that is the foundation of everything he has built.

Some people are driven by significance. They yearn to make a mark on this world.

They are unafraid of the pressures that prominence might bring. More critically, they are unshaken by those who mock and scoff that their aspirations are delusional.

Kuzma wasn’t even better than his basketball buddies growing up in Flint, Mich., yet he remained steadfast that he would make it to the NBA.

“It’s not logical. It’s not,” Kuzma said. “I’ve always been that way. I don’t know why. People would say, ‘You’re out of your mind.' ‘You’re crazy.’ They’d laugh at me. ‘You’re going to be in the NBA?! Look at this guy!’

“But it’s just a deep inner belief, me having a passion for the game. I think that’s where it comes from. You can have a strong work ethic. Yes, that’s going to take you far. But I think if you have a solid work ethic and a passion, that’s different. A lot people have a strong work ethic because they want the lifestyle or they want the money, but me, I have a hard work ethic, because I love the game.”

Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is just the more marketable player and is a lot more outspoken than BI. That’s why the FO and media are on his jock.

Hes also the best shooter out of the 3 and best fit with two stars.
BI and Zo end up being better players tho
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Kuzma is just the more marketable player and is a lot more outspoken than BI. That’s why the FO and media are on his jock.

The front office and media care about marketing but the fans care about actual basketball ability?
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

The front office and media care about marketing but the fans care about actual basketball ability?

Lol, you know more about the inner workings of the FO than any of us, but I think that the current FO cares about basketball ability and specifically abilities that lend themselves to the style we want to play. We are trying to build a Fast paced, defensive oriented, 3 point shooting team and just wear out other teams with our pace and level of fitness.

I think with the marketing part, the lakers gravitas will take care of that on its own. I think our current drive to add max stars has some to do with the fact that rob and Magic want to put us “back on the map” and prove out the momentum towards what we all hope is some type of improvement, because we have been awful for a few years.

As far as kuzma goes, he had a lot of sizzle....dude can score, he’s popular with fans (women in particular, ask my wife) and he had a great personality. Skill set wise Lonzo is a MUCH better fit than kuzma with the “3 stars” that may be coming...he checks all the boxes except for the scoring part. Kuzmas star quality won’t matter that much when he is surrounded by real stars and well BI, love the kid personally, has a really poor fit in general with what we are trying to accomplish especially if Kawhi is here. Randle as well is a terrible fit for the system we are moving towards. Not saying he’s not good and I see the work he puts in, but he doesn’t bring any of the things to the table that I think the FO wants conceptually. I think that is the reason he wasn’t offered an early extension.

In short (too late). The ONLY two young guys on our roster that I think fit the profile of what we would like at their positions are zo and Hart. If kuzma wants to be there his defense is going to need to be much much better. BI and Kuz plus Deng and picks makes all the sense in the world to me for Kawhi.

Last edited by Fortysixn2 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

The media definitely cares more about marketability than fans and FOs. The marketability of the players/teams/sports they cover affects their livelihood. And if the FO thinks Kuzma is a better long term prospect than Ingram, I’m gonna be a little worried about their player evaluation. Now if they’re keeping him for a more win now type of reason, I can get behind that.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

Can’t wait to revisit this BI vs Kuzma debate in a few years.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Lol, you know more about the inner workings of the FO than any of us, but I think that the current FO cares about basketball ability and specifically abilities that lend themselves to the style we want to play. We are trying to build a Fast paced, defensive oriented, 3 point shooting team and just wear out other teams with our pace and level of fitness.

I think with the marketing part, the lakers gravitas will take care of that on its own. I think our current drive to add max stars has some to do with the fact that rob and Magic want to put us “back on the map” and prove out the momentum towards what we all hope is some type of improvement, because we have been awful for a few years.

As far as kuzma goes, he had a lot of sizzle....dude can score, he’s popular with fans (women in particular, ask my wife) and he had a great personality. Skill set wise Lonzo is a MUCH better fit than kuzma with the “3 stars” that may be coming...he checks all the boxes except for the scoring part. Kuzmas star quality won’t matter that much when he is surrounded by real stars and well BI, love the kid personally, has a really poor fit in general with what we are trying to accomplish especially if Kawhi is here. Randle as well is a terrible fit for the system we are moving towards. Not saying he’s not good and I see the work he puts in, put he doesn’t bring any of the things to the table that I think the FO wants conceptually. I think that is the reason he wasn’t offered an early extension.

In short (too late). The ONLY two young guys on our roster that I think fit the profile of what we would like at their positions are zo and Hart. If kuzma wants to be there his defense is going to need to be much much better. BI and Kuz plus Deng and picks makes all the sense in the world to me for Kawhi.

My personal opinion is fairly close to yours. I think the Lakers are higher on Kuzma than fans are here, and there are basketball arguments for that. Kuzma is far & away the leader amongst the young guys. He's by far the best shooter of the trio with him, Zo, & BI, and that matters in context with who we're trying to sign. He's internally motivated, a very hard worker, and has self-awareness. He knows that he sucked on defense for most of the year. (I thought he got better toward the end)

All of that said, I don't necessarily agree with the FO, and my personal opinion is closer to yours. But I absolutely understand why the team would love Kuz, I don't think their POV is unreasonable.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

The media definitely cares more about marketability than fans and FOs. The marketability of the players/teams/sports they cover affects their livelihood. And if the FO thinks Kuzma is a better long term prospect than Ingram, I’m gonna be a little worried about their player evaluation. Now if they’re keeping him for a more win now type of reason, I can get behind that.

Brandon Ingram is far and away the media's favorite guy amongst the young core. I was just having this conversation with a bunch of them yesterday. The Kawhi news broke right as we were about to walk in for the De'Anthony Melton workout, and "who should they give up" was the topic of conversation. Ingram is BY FAR their favorite.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Brandon Ingram is far and away the media's favorite guy amongst the young core. I was just having this conversation with a bunch of them yesterday. The Kawhi news broke right as we were about to walk in for the De'Anthony Melton workout, and "who should they give up" was the topic of conversation. Ingram is BY FAR their favorite.

I’ve noticed that but that’s just from watching/reading etc. I stand by the statement that the media cares far more about marketability than any other group of people.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

I’d think that may have to do more with his personality then his game. He seems super nice and that he has very little ego, he may not be the most dynamic interview but unlike zo he does have personality and he’s not obsessed with fashion and looking cool like kumza.

I always thought that was one of the reasons that the media was so supportive of Kawhi when he started to show how good he was, dude seems like a nice guy without a huge superstar ego who will be real with the media.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma, at least in the interviews I've seen, always seem pretty forthright & respectful. Looks you in the eyes. Doesn't groan when asked for the upteenth time about Lonzo. Understands the media's job & interjects humor. Maybe that's just a show for the cameras and the beat reporters aren't as keen on him?

BI's kind of boring (I do love that about him) but Josh Hart seems pretty gregarious as well. Lonzo just gives you canned responses & D'angelo seemed outright dismissive during his time here.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma starting to look jacked. Are we sure we want to trade him?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma with those Summer Gainz

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkGNrg5gyLL/
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Kuzma starting to look jacked. Are we sure we want to trade him?
if it's for kawhi we should trade anyone and everyone they want. kuzma's ceiling isn't even close to as high as where kawhi is currently.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

He does look bigger.
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

People act like I been making things up about people hating on kuzma just look at the comments on his ig picture SMH. I personally like kuzma more than all the youth on this team, yes I understand B.I has a more rounded game as well as Lonzo save offense. Kuzma has that desire and work ethic and he showed improvement over the course of the year. Kuzma has the most complete offensive arsenal and what he needs to improve in he's working on as we speak. Kuzma has had the most impressive rookie year we've seen for a long time and people act like that's the norm.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

^ poor Kuz...so underrated and misunderstood
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Now THAT is a dude that got bigger.

Ingram so far has only gained a bigger upper chest in comparison.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
MJST wrote:

I don’t see all this growth y’all are talking about.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
MJST wrote:

no comment ...just too silly
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 307, 308, 309 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 308 of 880
Jump to: