The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 393, 394, 395 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:

This isn't true. See the following article:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23684417/kevin-pelton-weekly-mailbag-does-lebron-james-make-teammates-better

Lebron making teammates better is this absolutist falsehood just like he "always makes the right basketball play". No more propaganda. It's a mixed bag. He makes them worse in some respects. Unsurprisingly, it depends on whether you're a role player. So he's a floor-raiser ceiling-limiter.

Interesting article. It does make sense.
"While some additional shot creators are necessary, particularly in a playoff setting, any team with James must be careful not to invest too many resources on players who are best with the ball in their hands. Instead, the focus should be on finding role players whose games will mesh well with LeBron's."
rancar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

I love me some Magic Johnson!

https://twitter.com/TooMuchTaste/status/1008483615502565377
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

mj32 wrote:
For those that don’t want lebron, what is your alternative solutions?

To get their heads examined...
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kobe might have been great, but his basketball knowledge shouldn’t matter especially when it comes to what other players should decide, he wanted to play for the crappy Clippers at 1 point so that’s all you need to know on how much his input matters.

FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
I am just flabbergasted when people question lebron as a player. The guy is a basketball savant. He is like magic in a linebackers body. His game isn’t as pretty as Jordan’s or Kobe’s and he doesn’t have the motor he used to have but he is still insanely effective.

I can see an argument as to why he isn’t a long term play but of the 3 he is still hands down the best bet for an immediatee turnaround.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
mj32 wrote:

Uncalled for
I can understand people's qualms with LeBron.
PG or PG+LeBron is OK with me.
But I think the latter gets us to the finals this year.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
mj32 wrote:

Uncalled for
I can understand people's qualms with LeBron.
PG or PG+LeBron is OK with me.
But I think the latter gets us to the finals this year.

IMO, you get a chance at Bron you go for it all out!

Add a PG-13 and or Kawhi and I am in laker heaven!
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
I am just flabbergasted when people question lebron as a player. The guy is a basketball savant. He is like magic in a linebackers body. His game isn’t as pretty as Jordan’s or Kobe’s and he doesn’t have the motor he used to have but he is still insanely effective.

I can see an argument as to why he isn’t a long term play but of the 3 he is still hands down the best bet for an immediatee turnaround.

He’s 33. That’s not old but for an athlete (especially one who’s played as many playoff minutes + team USA commitments as him) - you don’t give up your cute for him. PG & Kawhi is a much more solid investment. Now if Lebron was the same age as those two - I would personally help them pack and drive them to the airport.
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

He’s 33. That’s not old but for an athlete (especially one who’s played as many playoff minutes + team USA commitments as him) - you don’t give up your cute for him. PG & Kawhi is a much more solid investment. Now if Lebron was the same age as those two - I would personally help them pack and drive them to the airport.

People have been saying that Lebron's decline is imminent for 6 years now yet he is still in his prime. The guy is a marvel with a superb diet and longevity, training/fitness regimen, and no significant injury history. The guy even freezes himself after each game to reduce inflammation. In addition to this he has 3 things that do not decline with age (bball skills, bball IQ, and size). Plus his athleticism is so extreme that even with declines he is an athletic freak and will be for years, especially relative to his size.

Lebron is like Tom Brady in terms of longevity. Brady just put up 500 passing yards in the Super Bowl at age 40 and Lebron just put up a near 50 point triple double at 33.5 years old against the super warriors. He averaged 34-9-9 in the playoffs and dragged a sorry supporting cast to the finals.

Karl Malone put up 22-9-4 and age 38 and 21-8-5 at age 39...and Lebron is basically Karl Malone PLUS much better passing, much better athleticism (and more versatile/better defense as a result), a higher BB IQ, and a 3 point shot.

Lebron over the next 4 years is easily gonna be better than PG and even Kawhi, especially since we do not know if he will be the same after his injury.

PG and KL plus the young guns will NOT beat the Warriors. LBJ and PG could beat the warriors.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

rancar wrote:

Thread title update!!!

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
rancar wrote:

Thread title update!!!

He's gonna crush the FA meetings this summer. It almost feels unfair having that guy on our side.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
rancar wrote:

Thread title update!!!

No, because that was from last year....but it was terrific to watch again!!

I actually just watched it again 6 times in a row with the biggest smile on my face!!
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kobe might have been great, but his basketball knowledge shouldn’t matter especially when it comes to what other players should decide, he wanted to play for the crappy Clippers at 1 point so that’s all you need to know on how much his input matters.

lol I'm starting to think you have multiple personality disorder. It would explain a lot!
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

If James signs and Ingram remains on the roster, I feel like LeBron could be a really good mentor to BI. They both have the point forward gene, though obviously Ingram does it more with length and LeBron more with power and athleticism. But I gram could learn a lot from James.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
If James signs and Ingram remains on the roster, I feel like LeBron could be a really good mentor to BI. They both have the point forward gene, though obviously Ingram does it more with length and LeBron more with power and athleticism. But I gram could learn a lot from James.

Yup. That's exactly how I envision it.
kobeslaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject:

If LeBron wants to come, I hope he's the first one to sign with Lakers. That's the true beauty of free agency. I don't want him if he's trying to demand FO to make lots of trade to please him to sign.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject:

The Lakers would do good to bring LeBron in, it would definitely mean "Playoffs" for the Lakers.
This obviously makes more sense than Kawhi coming from SA simply because the Cavs would be sending LBJ to the West, whereas there is no way SA would want to send KL2 to a West Coast Competitor, especially the Lakers.
In all honesty, I'm not much of a LeBron Fan, but there's no way, with the basketball experience that I have, that I can deny how great of a player he is...
The numbers he's put up as a professional is simply undeniable, and for anyone to think that he can't get any team in the NBA into a first round is simply ludicrous!

I'd like to see PG13 sign first, which would be incentive for LeBron. If we can trade for LeBron, that would be that much better, but however it happens it just needs to happen. With those two players and the rest of our young guys, we're going deep in the playoffs, especially if we're able to keep Randle.

LeBron coming means that current FAs maybe willing to stay on for another 1 year deal or would draw FAs from the market.
The Lakers should still target Noel in the off season and probably pick him up on the cheap.

Starters:
Zo + George + LeBron + Randle + Noel
Bench:
Ennis + Hart + Ingram + Kuzma + Bryant
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject:

So who is this agent with previous ties to LeBron that's coming to the Lakers? Can this agent play basketball or is he working under Pelinka?
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
The Lakers would do good to bring LeBron in, it would definitely mean "Playoffs" for the Lakers.
This obviously makes more sense than Kawhi coming from SA simply because the Cavs would be sending LBJ to the West, whereas there is no way SA would want to send KL2 to a West Coast Competitor, especially the Lakers.
In all honesty, I'm not much of a LeBron Fan, but there's no way, with the basketball experience that I have, that I can deny how great of a player he is...
The numbers he's put up as a professional is simply undeniable, and for anyone to think that he can't get any team in the NBA into a first round is simply ludicrous!

I'd like to see PG13 sign first, which would be incentive for LeBron. If we can trade for LeBron, that would be that much better, but however it happens it just needs to happen. With those two players and the rest of our young guys, we're going deep in the playoffs, especially if we're able to keep Randle.

LeBron coming means that current FAs maybe willing to stay on for another 1 year deal or would draw FAs from the market.
The Lakers should still target Noel in the off season and probably pick him up on the cheap.

Starters:
Bench:

Please no Ennis. Would rather have Caruso.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject:

Why the heck would anyone want Nerlens Noel? Considering all the problems, on the court and off the court, and the fact he violated the NBA's drug policy and all the dirty laundry that Coangelo's wife put out about him, and the fact no team wants anything to do with him and he couldn't even get minutes on the Mavs because despite his 'potential' he was a massive headacase no one wanted to deal with.

WHY the heck would anyone want to put him on the Lakers? I don't get the infatuation with this guy. It should have ended with how his season ended.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject:

kobeslaker wrote:
If LeBron wants to come, I hope he's the first one to sign with Lakers. That's the true beauty of free agency. I don't want him if he's trying to demand FO to make lots of trade to please him to sign.

I understand Lakers fans wanting the tension to be over with, but why is the "beauty of free agency" a one-sided, franchise-dictating process? The player IS the Free agent. He should make sure where he's signing sees eye-to-eye with their goals, no?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject:

jankobe wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

Starters:
Bench:

Instead of Caruso I would prefer using the draft to pick up one of the defensive minded 3pt shooting PGs speculated to still be available.

Reality is if James signs it will likely be retread vet like a Delladova or Rose at PG. And depth will be the Frye and R. Jefferson types. Also wouldn’t shock me to see Deng getting playing time after they are forced to let Randle to sign elsewhere.

James is an all in move. The discussion should not be about “playoffs” (imo Lakers trending that way anyways. James is about another Finals appearance. Not getting there will be considered a failure. Roster gets major overhaul to make a deep playoff run. How are all those young core players with no playoffs experience even a consideration? Maybe a couple stick?
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Why the heck would anyone want Nerlens Noel? Considering all the problems, on the court and off the court, and the fact he violated the NBA's drug policy and all the dirty laundry that Coangelo's wife put out about him, and the fact no team wants anything to do with him and he couldn't even get minutes on the Mavs because despite his 'potential' he was a massive headacase no one wanted to deal with.

WHY the heck would anyone want to put him on the Lakers? I don't get the infatuation with this guy. It should have ended with how his season ended.

Lmfao its crazy!! Let's sign a locker-room problem and then BENCH INGRAM for him to START right away. HAHA my god.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
jankobe wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

Starters:
Bench:

Instead of Caruso I would prefer using the draft to pick up one of the defensive minded 3pt shooting PGs speculated to still be available.

Reality is if James signs it will likely be retread vet like a Delladova or Rose at PG. And depth will be the Frye and R. Jefferson types.

Or Ball comes off the bench with his bestie Kuzma and James is the starter at PG:

PG - James - Ball - Ennis
SG - Hart - Mayo - Ingram - Caruso
C - Randle - Black - Frye - Bryant
PF - George - Kuzma - Diop
SF - Ingram - Jefferson - Aflalo
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
jankobe wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

Starters:
Bench:

Reality is if James signs it will likely be retread vet like a Delladova or Rose at PG. And depth will be the Frye and R. Jefferson types.

Or Ball comes off the bench with his bestie Kuzma and James is the starter at PG:

PG - James - Ball - Ennis
SG - Hart - Mayo - Ingram - Caruso
C - Randle - Black - Frye - Bryant
PF - George - Kuzma - Diop
SF - Ingram - Jefferson - Aflalo

Maybe? On offense it could work but how does that work defensively? Cross matches would be horrible. With James having to likely to play more PF then he has shown an interest in.

I simply do not envision James with the willingness to play the role so many seem to have for him when they discuss him on the Lakers. "Mentor, off ball, PF-esque defensive duties, trusting/relying on inexperienced players" are all concepts I see repeatedly mentioned. They just don't seem like James to me.

No question he is an amazing player. Playing on a level I honestly did not think he could sustain. Would be a huge coup to sign him. But in the end he is a win now all in move. I do not envision him adapting or blending in. Lakers will be and should be his team and devote all assets to helping him be the player he always has been.

I find that a risky and in many ways unappealing sacrifice of long term potential. JMO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 393, 394, 395 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 394 of 2079
Jump to: