The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 394, 395, 396 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

I find that a risky and in many ways unappealing sacrifice of long term potential. JMO.

I hear what you are saying, but is it possible we are over estimating the long term ceiling of our young core?

While things had gotten so bad here that a 35-47 season was seen as a positive, that is still 12 games out of even an 8 seed.

Of course the young guys will improve, but to just assume they will blossom into a championship team seems like a reach to me. Percentage wise, it is a huge long shot.

I am a proponent of signing James and George (if possible) and giving nothing up for either. Then you have the best of both worlds, the developing young core to go with proven guys who aren't going to go 35-47 and aren't playing for an 8 seed.

I would avoid Leonard (and I love Kawhi as a SDSU guy) because the Spurs will ask for too much if it is the Lakers and I don't like the idea of decimating all the youth on the team.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject:

So this agent who's coming to the lakers, what position does he play?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

He's not free.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I find that a risky and in many ways unappealing sacrifice of long term potential. JMO.

I hear what you are saying, but is it possible we are over estimating the long term ceiling of our young core?

While things had gotten so bad here that a 35-47 season was seen as a positive, that is still 12 games out of even an 8 seed.

Of course the young guys will improve, but to just assume they will blossom into a championship team seems like a reach to me. Percentage wise, it is a huge long shot.

I am a proponent of signing James and George (if possible) and giving nothing up for either. Then you have the best of both worlds, the developing young core to go with proven guys who aren't going to go 35-47 and aren't playing for an 8 seed.

I would avoid Leonard (and I love Kawhi as a SDSU guy) because the Spurs will ask for too much if it is the Lakers and I don't like the idea of decimating all the youth on the team.

I do not deny I am likely over estimating the potential of the "young core". My point is many sem to be overestimating the likelihood of all the dominoes (financially and roster chemistry wise) falling into place are just as over estimated.

Not all will the young players will thrive and develop. But a couple will. And the others fit into the current system and developing roster chemistry of some exciting and competitive bball. If they can "add" free agents that fit and let the team depth develop with the current defensive and offensive structure they will be contending as they gain experience.

Is it over estimating or optimism that Randle is starting to hit his prime? Or that Ingram can become that 2 way All-star we are desperately seeking? Or that Ball is the triple double engine that makes this team go? Or players like Kuzma, Hart or even Bryant can become the significant role players we hope? Can Walton continue to develop into a playoff contending HC?

IMO they can. Keep adding free agents that fit for the long term. Let them all gain experience together... Who knows what the ceiling can be.

I may be completely delusional in the potential. But it would be fun to find out imo.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I agree with the majority of your post but I just wanted to address something real quick.

Just as we could be overestimating the long term ceiling of our young core.... other people could be vastly overestimating the short term ceiling of the alternative core.

The benefit we have is that we've gotten a closer look at our youngsters and their progressions over the past few seasons to draw some kind of conclusion not just of how they play together but where their career is headed potentially headed as and if they continue to progress.

Also I think it is fair to point out, that our young core before Lonzo and BI went down again seemed to be on pace for a 40+ win season somewhere between 42-45 which would have been a vast step in the right direction. Would have missed the playoffs still but consider that position to be in. We were on quite a roll.

Add on top of that we're expecting the young core to continue to get better this season and it's a very good thing. They haven't shown us any evidence of the contrary when it comes to their game progression.

Also, no one is 'just assuming' that the youngsters will blossom into a Championship team or a contender of sorts. They actually do have the evidence and stats to back it up when it comes to where the players are progressing and the fact the oldest one is 23 and they still got a waaays to go before their prime.

That and the fact that 5 of the last 6 NBA Championships were won by teams that were primarily 'home grown'. Meanwhile the "Superteam" format aka the "LeBron and LeBronball approach" was the team that got victimized due to the lack of depth, chemistry, morale, and guys just not liking each other.

And I'd go with the belief about our youngsters continuing to evolve into contenders with us, as opposed to giving them all up for an ill fated experiment that will get decimated by the Warriors anyway.

LakerLanny wrote:

I agree with that wholeheartedly!!!
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
That and the fact that 5 of the last 6 NBA Championships were won by teams that were primarily 'home grown'.

That's a bit of a stretch, no? GSW may still have Curry, Klay and Green, but their best player was added and makes a ton of difference.

2013 Miami Heat * Added best player in the world + Chris Bosh + Bench
2014 San Antonio Spurs
2015 Golden State Warriors

2016 Cleveland Cavaliers * Added best player in the world + Kevin Love
2017 Golden State Warriors * Added 2nd best player in the world
2018 Golden State Warriors * Added 2nd best player in the world
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

Lmao good one
IceLaker
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
The Lakers would do good to bring LeBron in, it would definitely mean "Playoffs" for the Lakers.
This obviously makes more sense than Kawhi coming from SA simply because the Cavs would be sending LBJ to the West, whereas there is no way SA would want to send KL2 to a West Coast Competitor, especially the Lakers.
In all honesty, I'm not much of a LeBron Fan, but there's no way, with the basketball experience that I have, that I can deny how great of a player he is...
The numbers he's put up as a professional is simply undeniable, and for anyone to think that he can't get any team in the NBA into a first round is simply ludicrous!

I'd like to see PG13 sign first, which would be incentive for LeBron. If we can trade for LeBron, that would be that much better, but however it happens it just needs to happen. With those two players and the rest of our young guys, we're going deep in the playoffs, especially if we're able to keep Randle.

LeBron coming means that current FAs maybe willing to stay on for another 1 year deal or would draw FAs from the market.
The Lakers should still target Noel in the off season and probably pick him up on the cheap.

Starters:
Zo + George + LeBron + Randle + Noel
Bench:
Ennis + Hart + Ingram + Kuzma + Bryant

That starting line-up is missing consistent outside shooting...big time. You can´t expect to win NBA games with PG13 as your only starting 3 point threat.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

IceLaker wrote:
lakurluv wrote:
The Lakers would do good to bring LeBron in, it would definitely mean "Playoffs" for the Lakers.
This obviously makes more sense than Kawhi coming from SA simply because the Cavs would be sending LBJ to the West, whereas there is no way SA would want to send KL2 to a West Coast Competitor, especially the Lakers.
In all honesty, I'm not much of a LeBron Fan, but there's no way, with the basketball experience that I have, that I can deny how great of a player he is...
The numbers he's put up as a professional is simply undeniable, and for anyone to think that he can't get any team in the NBA into a first round is simply ludicrous!

I'd like to see PG13 sign first, which would be incentive for LeBron. If we can trade for LeBron, that would be that much better, but however it happens it just needs to happen. With those two players and the rest of our young guys, we're going deep in the playoffs, especially if we're able to keep Randle.

LeBron coming means that current FAs maybe willing to stay on for another 1 year deal or would draw FAs from the market.
The Lakers should still target Noel in the off season and probably pick him up on the cheap.

Starters:
Zo + George + LeBron + Randle + Noel
Bench:
Ennis + Hart + Ingram + Kuzma + Bryant

That starting line-up is missing consistent outside shooting...big time. You can´t expect to win NBA games with PG13 as your only starting 3 point threat.

Zo
George
Ingram
LeBron
Randle

Vet min
Hart
Kuzma
Ring Chaser
Lopez
Bryant
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

any lakers roster that includes Ennis is automatically a misguided roster
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

Here is my message to LeBron:

Would you like to win at least 4 more championships before you retire? That would put you ahead of Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Magic, Kareem, and MJ. It would cement your legacy as the greatest of all time.

Here is how you can do it. We can have a lineup, starting in 2019, of

Ball-Ingram
George-Hart
Kawhi-Kuzma
LeBron-Randle
Lopez-M. Robinson

That lineup would be one of the strongest and deepest in NBA history. The only two players over 28 would be you and Lopez. The lineup could thus stay together the rest of your career with the Lakers, as PG and Kawhi play through their primes, and Ball, Ingram, Hart, Kuzma, and Randle play into their primes. You would have a great chance of winning 4+ championships before you retire.

There is one way to make it happen: Agree to a salary of $25 million, and convince, PG and Kawhi (starting in 2019) to do the same. The money that each of you will be giving up will be a drop in the bucket in relationship to the fortune and fame that you will achieve by being the NBA's greatest dynasty since the Bill Russell era.

Of course we may be able to acquire Kawhi earlier--and we will do our best to do so. However, there is no better way to pressure San Antonio to trade Kawhi to us this year than by convincing them and the league that, if they don't, we will sign him outright next year. The 25/25/25 plan can allow that to happen.

So, its your call. If you want the max, you have earned it, and we will pay it to you. But if you want the best possible path to 4 more championships and GOAT status, help us sign you, PG, and Kawhi, while retaining all our promising youth!

Last edited by markjay on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:

@WeAreCavsNation

Windhorst: “I think LeBron’s preference is to stay in Cleveland. … I think he’s looking for reasons to want to stay in Cleveland.”
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
Quote:

@WeAreCavsNation

Windhorst: “I think LeBron’s preference is to stay in Cleveland. … I think he’s looking for reasons to want to stay in Cleveland.”

disappointing but not surprising
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

It’s his opinion who cares?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
It’s his opinion who cares?

his opinion means more than almost any other reporter
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sogood. wrote:
Quote:

@WeAreCavsNation

So today, Lebron is looking to stay in Cleveland. Cavs calling up spurs to discuss Kawhi and PG13 is likely staying in OKC because of relationship with Russ.

Which means...

Tomorrow, reports of Lebron checking out his renovated LA home. PG13 spotted hanging out with Lonzo and Spurs/Lakers discussing Kawhi.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if Cleveland can somehow swing a trade for Kawhi...
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

I only have him on my roster to use his salary as filler if a trade presents itself during the season.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
sogood. wrote:
Quote:

@WeAreCavsNation

So today, Lebron is looking to stay in Cleveland. Cavs calling up spurs to discuss Kawhi and PG13 is likely staying in OKC because of relationship with Russ.

Which means...

Tomorrow, reports of Lebron checking out his renovated LA home. PG13 spotted hanging out with Lonzo and Spurs/Lakers discussing Kawhi.

Only three more weeks of this madness. Then we will finally know how the free agency dominoes will fall and can discuss the actual rosters instead of fantasy ones.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
Quote:

@WeAreCavsNation

Windbag is a hack! Every day he has a new narrative on the Lebron saga! Saying that he wants to stay and is looking for a reason to stay is a direct startment which I guarantee that I'm sure Lebron hasn't given to him. All of these reporters are just running around like leeches and parasites trying to dig up info and they are being reduced to listening to anybody that says they know what's going on.

Last edited by Harlemlakerfan on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

I only have him on my roster to use his salary as filler if a trade presents itself during the season.

fair enough, but I'd rather just have someone like Andre Ingram for that purpose
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Again, this is spinning from the Lebron camp to say, I reaaaally wanted to stay fellas but you just didn't get it done. There was also a report today that Cleveland would've gotten PG if Lebron committed last June. It's a PR war.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

If I'm SAS, I'm asking for

Love
Nance
Hill

For

Kawhi
Gasol

Seems a lot but they need to do that to be competitive with Boston and Philly's offers. If Im Cleveland I only do this if I get a commitment from him and Lebron. Problem is Kawhi will likely ditch Cleveland for LA in 2019
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Here is my message to LeBron:

Would you like to win at least 4 more championships before you retire? That would put you ahead of Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Magic, Kareem, and MJ. It would cement your legacy as the greatest of all time.

Here is how you can do it. We can have a lineup, starting in 2019, of

Ball-Ingram
George-Hart
Kawhi-Kuzma
LeBron-Randle
Lopez-M. Robinson

That lineup would be one of the strongest and deepest in NBA history. The only two players over 28 would be you and Lopez. The lineup could thus stay together the rest of your career with the Lakers, as PG and Kawhi play through their primes, and Bill, Ingram, Hart, Kuzma, and Randle play into their primes. You would have a great chance of winning 4+ championships before you retire.

There is one way to make it happen: Agree to a salary of $25 million, and convince, PG and Kawhi (starting in 2019) to do the same. The money that each of you will be giving up will be a drop in the bucket in relationship to the fortune and fame that you will achieve by being the NBA's greatest dynasty since the Bill Russell era.

Of course we may be able to acquire Kawhi earlier--and we will do our best to do so. However, there is no better way to pressure San Antonio to trade Kawhi to us this year than by convincing them and the league that, if they don't, we will sign him outright next year. The 25/25/25 plan can allow that to happen.

So, its your call. If you want the max, you have earned it, and we will pay it to you. But if you want the best possible path to 4 more championships and GOAT status, help us sign you, PG, and Kawhi, while retaining all our promising youth!

Great idea, but you’ll have to show or at least explain a little more math.

How much is Randle making in this 25/25/25 Plan?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 394, 395, 396 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 395 of 2079
Jump to: