What star pairing would you prefer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What star pairing would you prefer?
Lebron and PG
23%
 23%  [ 37 ]
Lebron and Kawhi
24%
 24%  [ 38 ]
PG and Kawhi
51%
 51%  [ 80 ]
Total Votes : 155

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

I am ecstatic with just PG and our young guys. PG+ Kawai is my dream team
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

I didn't vote. I feel that the unknowns surrounding Kawhi's health status and career outlook are powerful enough to render him a too-risky option until the Lakers are able to personally evaluate him with their own choice of medical experts.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
I didn't vote. I feel that the unknowns surrounding Kawhi's health status and career outlook are powerful enough to render him a too-risky option until the Lakers are able to personally evaluate him with their own choice of medical experts.

Well EVERY trade has a contingency that the player must pass a physical by the incoming team.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

If I had to choose between two MVP candidates and Paul George then I'll take the two MVP candidates.

I completely understand if people are voting for other options due to the fact that they'd have to give up assets to acquire Kawhi and the other two can just be signed. Aside from that? I don't get it.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma 16.1 PPG 6.3 RPG 1.8 APG
Ingram 16.1 5.3 3.9
Randle 16.1 8.0 2.6
Ball 10.2 6.9 7.2

Plus draft picks for an injured Kawhi who will tie up all the capspace if signed with PG and LBJ

Unless Kawhi can play 48 minutes at full strength and put up

58.5 PPG 26.5 RPG 15.5 APG

I don't see how we can offset the losses by a player whose career averages are

16.3 PPG 6.2 RPG 2.3 APG

Even if his defense saved 10 points a game... we are 30 points in the hole.

Even if he plays at his peak season level... we are still 20 points in the hole.

Kawhi is great but not only would he have to overcome his injury to be better than he's ever been... but he'd have to play 82 games at prime Wilt Chamberlain level to offset the losses incurred by trading him.

Some of you guys are driving me crazy with the ridiculous packages you are proposing to obtain Kawhi. And our young players haven't even reached their peaks! And we could draft a player like Robinson or Simons who could become a future all star!

If we can get Kawhi for one or two players who we weren't going to pay anyway... fine. But these packages of four players and picks are absolutely insane.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

based on the poll data as of now

76% of us prefer Kawhi
73% PG
49% Lebron

Seems about right!

- Youthful superstars vs Ageing superstars
- Defense minded players vs Players that don't defend

FWIW, I voted for PG and Kawhi... and YES, they can each play multiple positions
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Ingram 16.1 5.3 3.9
Randle 16.1 8.0 2.6
Ball 10.2 6.9 7.2

Plus draft picks for an injured Kawhi who will tie up all the capspace if signed with PG and LBJ

16.3 PPG 6.2 RPG 2.3 APG

Even if he plays at his peak season level... we are still 20 points in the hole.

Kawhi is great but not only would he have to overcome his injury to be better than he's ever been... but he'd have to play 82 games at prime Wilt Chamberlain level to offset the losses incurred by trading him.

Some of you guys are driving me crazy with the ridiculous packages you are proposing to obtain Kawhi. And our young players haven't even reached their peaks! And we could draft a player like Robinson or Simons who could become a future all star!

If we can get Kawhi for one or two players who we weren't going to pay anyway... fine. But these packages of four players and picks are absolutely insane.

1. Kawhi Leonard coming off of an injury =/= "injured Kawhi".
2. Assuming we lose all of those players and sign absolutely no one to replace them and go into the season three players short, you have a point.

Listen I'm not on board with trading 3/4 young players for Kawhi Leonard either but the scenario you laid out in this post is not how any of this works.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Ingram 16.1 5.3 3.9
Randle 16.1 8.0 2.6
Ball 10.2 6.9 7.2

16.3 PPG 6.2 RPG 2.3 APG

2. Assuming we lose all of those players and sign absolutely no one to replace them and go into the season three players short, you have a point.

Listen I'm not on board with trading 3/4 young players for Kawhi Leonard either but the scenario you laid out in this post is not how any of this works.

Injured Kawhi doesn't mean zero. It means diminished defense and lower production than his peak 25 PPG season.

Meanwhile BI/Kuzma/Lonzo/Randle most likely increase their production.

Kawhi's career average is the same as our young players last season production. If there was no injury you could project 25 PPG and continued elite defense... but it will most likely be less... still excellent but lower.

2 players doesn't get the trade done. Even then I have my doubts... especially if we lose the draft picks.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

PG and Kawhi.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Ingram 16.1 5.3 3.9
Randle 16.1 8.0 2.6
Ball 10.2 6.9 7.2

16.3 PPG 6.2 RPG 2.3 APG

Injured Kawhi doesn't mean zero. It means diminished defense and lower production than his peak 25 PPG season.

Kawhi's career average is the same as our young players last season production. If there was no injury you could project 25 PPG and continued elite defense... but it will most likely be less... still excellent but lower.

2 players doesn't get the trade done. Even then I have my doubts... especially if we lose the draft picks.

Paul George missed a year with a severe leg ingury and came back with better numbers across the board.

Again I don't wanna trade 3-4 young players either and I don't even think it would matter even if we offered it. Pop ain't trading him to LA. I was just pointing out your math was, at best, flawed.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Ingram 16.1 5.3 3.9
Randle 16.1 8.0 2.6
Ball 10.2 6.9 7.2

16.3 PPG 6.2 RPG 2.3 APG

Paul George missed a year with a severe leg ingury and came back with better numbers across the board.

Again I don't wanna trade 3-4 young players either and I don't even think it would matter even if we offered it. Pop ain't trading him to LA. I was just pointing out your math was, at best, flawed.

Broken bones are not big problems in basketball... exotic muscle injuries might be.

We are in agreement about not trading 3 players so there's really no argument between our positions.

I'm mainly arguing against those who want to give up three youngsters and picks.

Crazy in my opinion.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject:

I'll take Durant and Leonard for a thousand, Alex.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Lebron and Paul. Kawhi is just way too messy to take on this year.

I’m sure the lakers will try but I suspect that they will fail and that may be a blessing I disguise. Howard’s back never recovered and I don’t think that things tangibly change next year if the lakers are able to preserve cap space.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Wow the poll results for this are definitely surprising. I can’t imagine people passing on the best player in the NBA
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
I would PREFER that Lonzo, BI and Randle become the superstars that the Lakers need.

And I'd prefer the Lakers to finally start treating them like they believe in them to make it happen.

How are they not doing that? And explain what they should be doing instead. Be specific.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
I'm surprised the voting is the way it is.

People are assuming that Kawhi's mindset is the same as it was back when he was Finals MVP, or that the quad injury isn't as major.

We hate LeBron. Also, Kawhi and PG are much younger.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
I'm surprised the voting is the way it is.

People are assuming that Kawhi's mindset is the same as it was back when he was Finals MVP, or that the quad injury isn't as major.

We hate LeBron. Also, Kawhi and PG are much younger.

Ironically, James-haters are even more emotionally driven than James himself. And that’s saying a lot because James has a whole lot of feminine energy.

He’s undoubtedly a heterosexual man, but possesses a lot of feline characteristics ... just like his manic haters.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

No one is hating LB. People assume his health trajectory is pointing up. The subtle changes in his aging and health could be a chemistry problem to coaches and players. Father time is undefeated
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
I want ALL the small forwards in the league.

Nearly spit my coffee
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

For a 3 year window I'll pick Lebron and whoever but after that I think his age/mileage really catches up. It already has a bit this postseason; granted he was basically playing all 48 minutes every game.

I picked PG/KL because they can both play at a high level for another 5-8 years. Plus they will fit into Luke's system.

Don't get me wrong though, I still think Lebron is the best of the 3 and would be my pick in a win-now scenario.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

LBJ + PG. Too many questions on KL, plus the lingering taste of the damaged goods we received on Dwight..

Last edited by greenfrog on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Ingram 16.1 5.3 3.9
Randle 16.1 8.0 2.6
Ball 10.2 6.9 7.2

16.3 PPG 6.2 RPG 2.3 APG

Broken bones are not big problems in basketball... exotic muscle injuries might be.

We are in agreement about not trading 3 players so there's really no argument between our positions.

I'm mainly arguing against those who want to give up three youngsters and picks.

Crazy in my opinion.

And it's not just one injury with KL but two.

Last edited by greenfrog on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

I'll go with none of the above and dream of a KD and Lebron duo : )
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Wilkes52 wrote:

Well EVERY trade has a contingency that the player must pass a physical by the incoming team.

That's obvious and not my point. Kawhi has experienced a type or a series of some types of recent, obvious physical problems which overall present a severity or complexity that make answers to the poll nonsensical to me. The poll doesn't ask whether the Lakers should conditionally acquire Kawhi; it assumes we know his condition (we don't) and that we can judge fairly the possible outcomes in the dark (we can't) and we don't need to.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
BK
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

PG and Kawhi would be the dream. Lebron is nice and will bring the spotlight back to LA, but I am worried about his mileage at this point of his career. I am also not a fan of him, so it'd pain me a little rooting for Lebron if he comes to the Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: