OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1063, 1064, 1065 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
I'm jealous as (bleep) of Lonzo's traps, I been trying to get my trap game up to no avail

Deadlift.

I stopped doing isolation on traps years ago. Not needed.

Deadlift, squat, bench press, good mornings, standing overhead barbell extensions are pretty much all you need.

I already do alot of the first three but I'll add the last two to my next workout and see how that goes. Thanks for the suggestion, having massive traps and shoulders is probably my main goal at this point. That's the first thing that stands out in a physique imo

Add the OH press, too.

And for good mornings - BE CAREFUL. I do not care how strong you are or how much you lift, etc. It's great for your lower back and really helps with your core, but a LOT of people seriously hurt themselves trying it out because they think they can toss on 45s and start bending. Very dangerous, very silly - you lift, so I'm sure you know why.

Just take it slow, learn your form, learn how to hold the weight when you bend down, really feel that pressure on your lower back before you go back up. Just do a bar to start.

FWIW, there's a (likely apocryphal) tale oft-bandied about that Bruce Lee seriously injured himself doing good mornings for the first time as he cockily tossed on serious weight and went at it. I don't know if that's true, but the point stands --- the strongest, most well-trained among us, can seriously mess themselves up if they ignore form and approach a new exercise as if it's a tried and true one.

Good luck, hope it works out!

Last edited by Cutheon on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Some guys aren't going to have tree trunk legs no matter how much they work on them..

I always find it odd when people make skipped leg day comments, some just aren't built to put on a lot of lower body mass.

Doesn't sound too odd. Why can a person put on alot of upper body mass but not any on the lower body.

Not many people are naturally born that way where they're naturally big in the upper body but have skinny legs. You see it more in the weight lifting world than you do in the natural world.

Another thing is that when you wear basketball shorts (like Lonzo is wearing in that pic) the legs look smaller then they are because the only visible part is that calves which are the hardest to to develop and even when developed they look small 90% of the time.

Most of the lower body mass is in the quads and hamstrings but when you wear loose basketball shorts you can't really see that.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
I'm jealous as (bleep) of Lonzo's traps, I been trying to get my trap game up to no avail

Deadlift.

Deadlift, squat, bench press, good mornings, standing overhead barbell extensions are pretty much all you need.

I already do alot of the first three but I'll add the last two to my next workout and see how that goes. Thanks for the suggestion, having massive traps and shoulders is probably my main goal at this point. That's the first thing that stands out in a physique imo

Add the OH press, too.

And for good mornings - BE CAREFUL. I do not care how strong you are or how much you lift, etc. It's great for your lower back and really helps with your core, but a LOT of people seriously hurt themselves trying it out because they think they can toss on 45s and start bending. Very dangerous, you can seriously hurt yourself and mess up your lower back. Just take it slow, learn your form, learn how to hold the weight when you bend down, feel that pressure on your lower back before you go back up. There's a rumor bandied about that Bruce Lee seriously injured himself doing good mornings for the first time as he cockily tossed on serious weight and went at it. I don't know if that's true, but the point stands --- the strongest, most well-trained among us, can seriously mess themselves up if they ignore form and approach a new exercise as if it's a tried and true one.

I'll probably start off with the bar and check my form. I have a squat rack at home which helps me stay away from ego lifting and (bleep) up form since no one can see what I'm doing.

Thanks for the advice though man
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

Deadlift.

Add the OH press, too.

And for good mornings - BE CAREFUL. I do not care how strong you are or how much you lift, etc. It's great for your lower back and really helps with your core, but a LOT of people seriously hurt themselves trying it out because they think they can toss on 45s and start bending. Very dangerous, you can seriously hurt yourself and mess up your lower back. Just take it slow, learn your form, learn how to hold the weight when you bend down, feel that pressure on your lower back before you go back up. There's a rumor bandied about that Bruce Lee seriously injured himself doing good mornings for the first time as he cockily tossed on serious weight and went at it. I don't know if that's true, but the point stands --- the strongest, most well-trained among us, can seriously mess themselves up if they ignore form and approach a new exercise as if it's a tried and true one.

I'll probably start off with the bar and check my form. I have a squat rack at home which helps me stay away from ego lifting and (bleep) up form since no one can see what I'm doing.

Thanks for the advice though man

Very smart. Good head on your shoulders - hopefully they buff up soon to support it.

Any time!
Clutch24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Looks the same to me.

Make an appointment with your optometrist.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

His calves/legs look much bigger than they were!! There is definite muscle there. His calves were toothpicks compared to others last season and if you look at the new picture his calves are close to the same as the other 3 guys.

His legs used to look way skinny compared to his body...and now they match up fine with his built up body!!
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cutheon wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

Deadlift.

Wouldn't you want to do cleans, snatches, rows, shrugs, and pull ups for traps?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

All we need now is for Lonzo to develop KD's shooting form
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

Deadlift.

I'm talking about all you need for the whole body. Should have been clearer in my OP.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

Deadlift.

I'm talking about all you need for the whole body. Should have been clearer in my OP.

Gotcha.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject:

He’s gonna need legs to continue shooting that sideways shot.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Another photo comparison. It's not close - https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1009248610901544960?s=19

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

^he's flexing pretty hard, but yes - very obviously bigger
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Who cares if he is flexing or not, point is he is working on his body
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Who cares if he is flexing or not, point is he is working on his body

Because it speaks to how much he has been working out. In any event, we all agree. Why do you care why people care?
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Lonswole Ball
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

That's an interesting development (no pun intended). He's growing into his dad's body more. I wonder what effect that will have on his game. He might develop a good bully low post game.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Another photo comparison. It's not close - https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1009248610901544960?s=19

yeah...he has added some muscle....hard for me to estimate on a guy 6'6". If he was 6', I would guess a solid 7 or 8 lbs of muscle (which is a lot)...but maybe 10+ for a guy his height?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
It's looking awfully familiar in here.

If he looked like Bibby, then he's doing too much.

way too much....Bibby is probably so much tighter is his upper body movements....slower in adjusting, etc.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Really hope he's not moved.. hopefully the trade rumors are overblown and we don't lose any of our young guys before they get a chance to develop, or scratch the surface of their potential.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
That's an interesting development (no pun intended). He's growing into his dad's body more. I wonder what effect that will have on his game. He might develop a good bully low post game.

Both of his parents are big, so Lonzo should develop pretty nicely as far as size.

Now BI, that might take a while. He might be like a Reggie Miller body type the rest of his career. His metabolism might be abnormally high. Lol
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
anyone got an image of him last year without shirt? I am not seeing it....dude looks like an extremely skinny dude to me tightening/flexing (hands, bowed elbows, visible abs, protruding clavicle's). Probably should not have said anything....will be seen as hating....but that is by no means what I would define as jacked or muscular....maybe slim and athletic?

Also, cannot tell if it is the tattoo and/or lighting....but does Gelo have a gut?

He's flexing, but he's made gains.

https://i.imgur.com/SpouQYt.png

yeah, I saw someone else posted a picture...definitely has added some solid gains in muscle. Hard part for him at his age will be maintaining it as the season gets underway....less time to lift, probably has a supercharged metabolism. Not that me and Ball are similar, but I can recall in college showing up in August feeling big/strong....then I would lose 10+ lbs. throughout the football season by December. It is kind of a battle if your fighting against a good metabolism....it just wants to turn everything into energy, and leave little for the muscle. Then when it does finally slow down a little in your early/mid 20's, it seems like you can finally put on muscle for a few years without much bad weight....then sometime around 30 you begin wishing you had that 20 year old metabolism again....because you can feel your waist growing with each french fry.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

I want to see them toothpicks get some gains!

Now if someone can provide a before/after of Lonzo in a Speedo.....

Do it Mitch!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

Deadlift.

The right genetics help too if doing it naturally

genetics make a night and day difference....even if your not natural. An average dude could take all the PED's in the world, and he is never going to look like Mr. Olympia. That is why so many still consider Arnold of the most genetically gifted humans we have seen to date....even though today's bodybuilders are far larger and have access to far more than the standard steroids Arnold took. The shape and fullness of his muscles...the pure symmetry of his body....you cannot buy that, its all genetics.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Some guys aren't going to have tree trunk legs no matter how much they work on them..

I always find it odd when people make skipped leg day comments, some just aren't built to put on a lot of lower body mass.

What do you mean, "when people??"

the BVH's of the world?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1063, 1064, 1065 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1064 of 1688
Jump to: