KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
Practice wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Idk if I'd give up Kuzma.

Ingram is the most likely candidate

I'd give up both for Kawhi assuming he's healthy.

Even being a real fan of BI and Kuz, I too would deal BI and Kuz for KL..... Plus with KL in it has to help even more so with the recruitment of Bron & PG-13...

Way too much especially when KL is telling all teams he's going to LA in 2019...

Yes it is at this point now!

But "IF" push came to shove I would do it for KL if of course all is well health wise.

But keeping let's say Kuz or BI adding either Kuz or BI to BALL/Bron/KL/PG-13, just WOW!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Sure I'll post Isaiah Thomas's 2016-2017 stats too...

28.9 PPG
2.7 RPG
5.9 APG
37.9 3 PT%
90.9 FT%
62.5 TS%

Because for many here it's okay to use Kawhi's outlier season as a justification for trading our core but for IT it is only an aberration that will never be repeated again.

My goodness this is just petty.

He has a point. Many think that Cousins and IT will never approach the health that they once had but that Leonard will be 100% and are willing to strip away some of our youth for him. I would pass on all 3 until they prove they are healthy to play.

No. He used Tobias's best numbers from last year while comparing only KL's career #s. Once he was called out for that put in the limited numbers that KL put up last season. Then decided out of spite to then include IT's numbers from his best season (while ignoring this year's).

I too am concerned about KL's injury, but if we're going to compare numbers, let's at least be honest about it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/1009485807827103744

That applies to the Lakers no? We won’t consider trading KL to you but if you offer us something we like then we’ll make a deal

Translation: Please give us decent offers. Please...

More like we aren’t trading him but if you want to offer the sun, moon and stars, we will think about it.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

28.9 PPG
2.7 RPG
5.9 APG
37.9 3 PT%
90.9 FT%
62.5 TS%

Because for many here it's okay to use Kawhi's outlier season as a justification for trading our core but for IT it is only an aberration that will never be repeated again.

He has a point. Many think that Cousins and IT will never approach the health that they once had but that Leonard will be 100% and are willing to strip away some of our youth for him. I would pass on all 3 until they prove they are healthy to play.

Exactly, we don't have the access to the medical record so we don't know how severe is Kwahi's injury and whether it is going to cause long-term consequences. But clearly, it causes enough concern for the Spurs not offering max to him, so equally we should be concerned too.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
So finally after paying all the debt from the Nash trade, we are going to trade our multiple 1st rounds picks again? What happens if Kwahi becomes injury prone like Nash?

We watch LaVar and Kawhi's Uncle go at each in the media the foreseeable future.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
So finally after paying all the debt from the Nash trade, we are going to trade our multiple 1st rounds picks again? What happens if Kwahi becomes injury prone like Nash? The last teams that traded away multiple 1st round picks (more than two) are us and the Nets and neither of the teams benefits much from the gambling. Even if we have all 3 of them, I am still not confident we can beat the Warriors so are we really going all in with our future so we can lose them in the WCF? Personally, I prefer to sticking with the original plan which is sign LBJ and PG13, and resign Randle.

When is an MVP tier player available, if he was 100% healthy he would have been locked up long ago and not on the market
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Johnny Cage wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
DMAULS wrote:
epak wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
It's cute to say keep the kids

Magic/Rob are going to go get KL if they have chance. I am good as long as we only trade 1 of lonzo/Liz/BI. My bet is BI

Point is, what if Spurs are unwilling to trade him to the Lakers?

Then it's fine & u go in with what we have.

Some people because they don't want bi to be traded they are just making stuff like trading 5/6 players or how t Harris had same stats as KL

Tobias Harris... 19.3 PPG this season
5.6 RPG
1.7 APG
1.2 STL
41.4% 3 pt shooting
80.0% FT shooting

Kawhi Leonard... 16.3 PPG career
6.2 RPG
2.3 APG
1.8 STL
38.6% 3 pt shooting
84.6% FT shooting

One player is worth trading our core and paying the max... if I covered the names could you all tell which one it is?

Can you post their 2016-17 stats as well?

Why are you posting season stats for one player and career for the other. That's real shady.

Fine you want Kawhi's season this year

16.2 PPG
4.7 RPG
2.3 APG
2.0 STL
31.4% 3 PT%
81.6% FT%

Wow... so much better.

That was on a heavy minutes-restriction dude.. Spurs weren’t letting him play for more than 20 minutes a game or so. If you average those numbers out per/36, then those are All-Star averages. And that’s before you mention the fact that he’s the best perimeter defender in the NBA.

Quit pushing your silly agenda. You’re making yourself look bad.

Kuzma and Ingram averaged 16 points on 13 shots
Randle averaged 16 points on 11 shots.

Kawhi averaged 16 points on 13 shots when he was 23 years old.

This has nothing to do with minutes restriction... this has to do with keeping our core and trying to sign Kawhi next year.

You prefer instant gratification and trading them away to secure him now.

I prefer the patient method of waiting so we can keep our core and sign him later.

I don't care which two we get between LBJ/Kawhi/PG... but my preference is to have two of the above plus the core... rather than three without.

If that makes me look bad... so be it. I'll happily stand behind my so called agenda... the one that wants the Lakers to win and doesn't care which players make it happen.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

Sam Amick thinks we get all 3 (PG/KL/LeBron) or we come up empty, I definitely think something is gonna happen and we change the landscape in the WC.. draft night is gonna be crazy..
sinr1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

If we got BREAKING NEWS the Los Angeles Lakers have traded BI, Ball and Kuz for Lebron, George and Kawhi the internet would break.... We would be going crazy because this is the biggest trade/robbery in sports history.

Because it's not a trade for the 3 straight up people are really second guessing giving up the young core for Kawhi, but trading the young core for Kawhi almost guarantees George and Lebron sign here so.....

I love the youngsters but I say F***it and go all in.
"Now the Lakers needed one statement basket, a screw-you shot that would stick a dagger in the Cavs. And you just knew it had to come from Kobe Bryant."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

28.9 PPG
2.7 RPG
5.9 APG
37.9 3 PT%
90.9 FT%
62.5 TS%

No. He used Tobias's best numbers from last year while comparing only KL's career #s. Once he was called out for that put in the limited numbers that KL put up last season. Then decided out of spite to then include IT's numbers from his best season (while ignoring this year's).

I too am concerned about KL's injury, but if we're going to compare numbers, let's at least be honest about it.

I used his numbers from last year... because that's what you normally do... I saw Kawhi's numbers were bad... so I generously upgraded him to his career averages.

Funny how you hate disrespect yet are so willing to call others dishonest.

I'll remember this the next time you complain about how uncivil one of us is.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

I'm still not a big fan of getting a big 3.

I don't see why LBJ/PG13 wouldn't come together, and play with the young kids for at least until mid-December when trades can really open up in the NBA (if necessary).
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

28.9 PPG
2.7 RPG
5.9 APG
37.9 3 PT%
90.9 FT%
62.5 TS%

He has a point. Many think that Cousins and IT will never approach the health that they once had but that Leonard will be 100% and are willing to strip away some of our youth for him.

Many people have personal bias against Cousins and IT but happen to like Leonard.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

28.9 PPG
2.7 RPG
5.9 APG
37.9 3 PT%
90.9 FT%
62.5 TS%

I used his numbers from last year... because that's what you normally do... I saw Kawhi's numbers were bad... so I generously upgraded him to his career averages.

Ok.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Sam Amick thinks we get all 3 (PG/KL/LeBron) or we come up empty, I definitely think something is gonna happen and we change the landscape in the WC.. draft night is gonna be crazy..

Sounds a little extreme. But if I were to bet right now I would say we come up empty.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sounds a little extreme. But if I were to bet right now I would say we come up empty.

#InRobAndMagicWeTrust
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

I would think Nike coming out and saying that we will actually wear the purple uniforms now and again would help big time as well.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

28.9 PPG
2.7 RPG
5.9 APG
37.9 3 PT%
90.9 FT%
62.5 TS%

Ok.

You wouldn't be nearly so insufferable if you didn't cry when others attack you.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I would think Nike coming out and saying that we will actually wear the purple uniforms now and again would help big time as well.

This along with some thicker Laker girls
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

I know one thing he won't be a Spur by summer 2019. No way he stays they burnt that bridge. And they are not going anywhere
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

I wish
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

damn right
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

28.9 PPG
2.7 RPG
5.9 APG
37.9 3 PT%
90.9 FT%
62.5 TS%

Ok.

You wouldn't be nearly so insufferable if you didn't cry when others attack you.

Ok.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

sinr1 wrote:
If we got <b>BREAKING NEWS</b> the Los Angeles Lakers have traded BI, Ball and Kuz for Lebron, George and Kawhi the internet would break.... We would be going crazy because this is the biggest trade/robbery in sports history.

Because it's not a trade for the 3 straight up people are really second guessing giving up the young core for Kawhi, but trading the young core for Kawhi almost guarantees George and Lebron sign here so.....

I love the youngsters but I say F***it and go all in.

Good point. Could be all or nothing
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

If the Clippers make a deal and trade #12 and #13 don't the spurs need to know who they want tomorrow night?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

comment deleted

Last edited by Nash Vegas on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 164 of 878
Jump to: