OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1064, 1065, 1066 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Some guys aren't going to have tree trunk legs no matter how much they work on them..

I always find it odd when people make skipped leg day comments, some just aren't built to put on a lot of lower body mass.

What do you mean, "when people??"

the BVH's of the world?

It means everyone who says it..
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
mookielala wrote:
That's an interesting development (no pun intended). He's growing into his dad's body more. I wonder what effect that will have on his game. He might develop a good bully low post game.

Both of his parents are big, so Lonzo should develop pretty nicely as far as size.

Lonzo's younger brother (the one that had the recent Lakers workout) is stocky too...
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Looking good, needs to add a post game while hes at it
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Damn, good job Zo. Hopefully that jumper gets swol too.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Lonzos Workout:

Mon: Traps
Tues: Traps, Shoulders.
Wed: Traps.
Thurs: Rest day; light trap work
Fri: Shoulders, Traps finisher.
Sat: Shrugging Shoulder Presses
Sun: Rest day; work on mixtape.

Fair play though he's put some size on, flexing or not. I think he gets a bad rep for not working but truthfully I've seen just as much coverage of the boards darling Josh Hart working out as I have Lonzo. Just cause we don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
Lonzos Workout:

Fair play though he's put some size on, flexing or not. I think he gets a bad rep for not working but truthfully I've seen just as much coverage of the boards darling Josh Hart working out as I have Lonzo. Just cause we don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Very true. Jordan Clarkson posted damn near daily updates on his workouts on social media and look what it got him.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
El Seano wrote:
Lonzos Workout:

Very true. Jordan Clarkson posted damn near daily updates on his workouts on social media and look what it got him.

15 million dollars a year for 4 years and a lot of women?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Seriously....people are doubting his gains? I don't know...that sounds like either peeps that have never lifted a day in their lives or are just searching for reasons to hate. If you're the former...shut tfu. If you're the latter, shut tfu.

Gtfoh with that crap... I don't need to see a side by side. Beginner gains can and will happen fast. He's beyond put on more mass. Jesus.

I probably spend way too much time for a guy my age to worry about body image but sadly I do. One quick size up says he's a clean 200-205.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Some guys aren't going to have tree trunk legs no matter how much they work on them..

I always find it odd when people make skipped leg day comments, some just aren't built to put on a lot of lower body mass.

the BVH's of the world?

But I said it? Did you mean me, too?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
El Seano wrote:
Lonzos Workout:

A trip to the Finals?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject:

There is no way I'm trading this kid. Magic wanted to see how serious he would take his work outs this summer. He's shown he's hit the gym more than the recording studio. We can check off the "work ethic" box. He has dedication in him, which means the jumper will come.

At least this is real, not BI turned into 7 foot big foot myth. LOL!
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:45 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
El Seano wrote:
Lonzos Workout:

A trip to the Finals?

Front trow seat to the finals
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Seriously....people are doubting his gains? I don't know...that sounds like either peeps that have never lifted a day in their lives or are just searching for reasons to hate. If you're the former...shut tfu. If you're the latter, shut tfu.

Gtfoh with that crap... I don't need to see a side by side. Beginner gains can and will happen fast. He's beyond put on more mass. Jesus.

I probably spend way too much time for a guy my age to worry about body image but sadly I do. One quick size up says he's a clean 200-205.
you are correct. but can we for once stop saying he should put on weight without addressing the skinny legs and knees. even if he never had knee issues. you dont put on a ton of wait really fast on those thin legs. you dont have the foundation for the weight. you will end up harming your knees. guys get top heavy all the time.

what he should do is make sure his core is super strong first, then worry about the lower body and then the upper body in that order. the stronger the lower body is and the more time that passes, the more weight you can put on that lower body. but in the mean time you can BE stronger than you look due to your very strong core. your core can get you thru contact, can help you box out bigmen, can help you jump(you jump with your legs, your back, and your abdominal muscles. You move laterally with your thighs, your hips, and your lower calf muscles/achilles/ankles. . Hips are apart of the core. back is apart of the core, stomach is apart of the core.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
Lmaoo now he flexing So it isn’t real I swear some of y’all are hilarious.. whatever to fit that narrative that he to busy making music and not working out I guess ..
exactly. little do they know, lonzo isnt some great lyricists. he probably said he went to the studio to make his album and fake diss track but in reality the studio is his house. everyone has a fake home studio with protools/FL studio and a mic setup. its not like today's hiphop fans are looking for super high quality sounds. they were raised on compressed file types to stream music online, and download albums quickly.

i've created songs in a few hours and some in a few weeks. but the few week songs didnt take me all week long. I had a full time job, went to school full time, played a ton of basketball, had a Wife, and still found time for the music. and I wasnt just writing. i was actually creating the hook, my verse, other verses, as well as the music(which takes the longest). this is in an era where you had to be original not sound like everyone else. which now makes it so much easier. do you know it would take me 2 hours tops to make a song in today's hiphop. thats full beat, full lyrics, hook and all. it takes way less effort when half of your song has to sound like everyone else in order to be accepted. so this idea that he spends SOOOO much time making songs is hilarious. he probably wrote that fake kuz diss on the plane ride home from Germany getting that Prp treatment.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
There is no way I'm trading this kid. Magic wanted to see how serious he would take his work outs this summer. He's shown he's hit the gym more than the recording studio. We can check off the "work ethic" box. He has dedication in him, which means the jumper will come.

At least this is real, not BI turned into 7 foot big foot myth. LOL!
Looking at how much lavar loves training, who in their right mind would think he was less than a hard worker? pay attention laker fans. bootleg rap album or not. the guy was born and raised off of and old school weight bench and running hills. not just doing some sprints inside a gym.

Lonzo is more rocky balboa than he is drago from birth. but now that he has that drago access to the high end gym stuff. its going to be easy for him. unlike a lot of these ball players that have never ran hills like that and only have ran sprints in a gym and maybe had to do push ups and situps(which can still work if you go hard on those and use different types).
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
anyone got an image of him last year without shirt? I am not seeing it....dude looks like an extremely skinny dude to me tightening/flexing (hands, bowed elbows, visible abs, protruding clavicle's). Probably should not have said anything....will be seen as hating....but that is by no means what I would define as jacked or muscular....maybe slim and athletic?

Also, cannot tell if it is the tattoo and/or lighting....but does Gelo have a gut?
He looks almost as big as Gelo and Gelo has always been naturally bigger than the other two brothers. Gelo probably has more of a gut than lonzo..you know lonzo the skinny guy naturally who also is in the nba getting professional training 24/7.

Gelo cut it way down. go look at his high school vids. he was getting close to being a true fat boy ballers out there. lol. than he knew it was ucla time and he cut it down that sr year in high school and over the summer before school started.he's been in very good shape for himself since.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

I don't know.

You can get leg gains, however, most people with chicken legs stay with chicken legs for the rest of their life.

Unlike arms, legs are purely genetics (unless you were fat and lost weight and kept them tree trunks)
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
I'm jealous as (bleep) of Lonzo's traps, I been trying to get my trap game up to no avail

Deadlift.

I stopped doing isolation on traps years ago. Not needed.

Deadlift, squat, bench press, good mornings, standing overhead barbell extensions are pretty much all you need.

I already do alot of the first three but I'll add the last two to my next workout and see how that goes. Thanks for the suggestion, having massive traps and shoulders is probably my main goal at this point. That's the first thing that stands out in a physique imo

Add the OH press, too.

And for good mornings - BE CAREFUL. I do not care how strong you are or how much you lift, etc. It's great for your lower back and really helps with your core, but a LOT of people seriously hurt themselves trying it out because they think they can toss on 45s and start bending. Very dangerous, you can seriously hurt yourself and mess up your lower back. Just take it slow, learn your form, learn how to hold the weight when you bend down, feel that pressure on your lower back before you go back up. There's a rumor bandied about that Bruce Lee seriously injured himself doing good mornings for the first time as he cockily tossed on serious weight and went at it. I don't know if that's true, but the point stands --- the strongest, most well-trained among us, can seriously mess themselves up if they ignore form and approach a new exercise as if it's a tried and true one.

Good luck, hope it works out!

Instead of Good mornings I do hyper extensions also I only do dumbbell OHP, bench with dumbbells more often than the barbell and over the years replace bent over rows with one arm standing cable rows. Also do reverse lat pull downs, deadlift, squat and curls.

Compound movements are the ways to go but usually pick dumbbells and cables over barbell because it's easier to injure yourself with the barbell IMO.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
I don't know.

You can get leg gains, however, most people with chicken legs stay with chicken legs for the rest of their life.

Unlike arms, legs are purely genetics (unless you were fat and lost weight and kept them tree trunks)

While genetics play a roll I don't think growing your legs are any different than your arms put time in the gym and eat with a slight caloric surplus and you'll grow.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

Lonzo boosting that trade stock...i like it
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
I don't know.

While genetics play a roll I don't think growing your legs are any different than your arms put time in the gym and eat with a slight caloric surplus and you'll grow.

If I am about 189 pounds, and want to still lean out but add muscle tone, how many calories should I be eating?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

the BVH's of the world?

Yes.. everyone who say's it..

Some people work their asses off and don't get big legs. There shouldn't be this presumption that they're not working just as hard on their lower body. Ball's legs look more defined to me.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Farmers Walks yo.

They kill your traps, lats, forearms and legs.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

the BVH's of the world?

Yes.. everyone who say's it..

Some people work their asses off and don't get big legs. There shouldn't be this presumption that they're not working just as hard on their lower body. Ball's legs look more defined to me.

I thought you were subtweeting me.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
I don't know.

If I am about 189 pounds, and want to still lean out but add muscle tone, how many calories should I be eating?

Heres a weight calculator to give you a good idea of how much calories you should eat: https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm

And here is a Research Review of over 60 studies on the subject of gaining muscle mass in a Deficit or Bulking. (The first graph/punnett square will give you a good idea of what you should be doing)

https://sci-fit.net/bulking-deficit-gaining/

Most lifters make the mistake of eating too much protein and not enough potassium. As long as your getting around 100 grams of protein at 189 pounds your good. https://www.google.com/amp/s/bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/amp/

Your body needs potassium to: Build proteins; break down and use carbohydrates; build muscle and maintain normal body growth
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1064, 1065, 1066 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1065 of 1688
Jump to: