OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1065, 1066, 1067 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Some guys aren't going to have tree trunk legs no matter how much they work on them..

I always find it odd when people make skipped leg day comments, some just aren't built to put on a lot of lower body mass.

What do you mean, "when people??"

the BVH's of the world?

It means everyone who says it..

But I said it? Did you mean me, too?

Yes.. everyone who say's it..

Some people work their asses off and don't get big legs. There shouldn't be this presumption that they're not working just as hard on their lower body. Ball's legs look more defined to me.

I thought you were subtweeting me.

Yea honestly I wasn't paying too much attention to who said it here.. I was just making a general statement. Wasn't singling anyone out.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Some guys aren't going to have tree trunk legs no matter how much they work on them..

I always find it odd when people make skipped leg day comments, some just aren't built to put on a lot of lower body mass.

the BVH's of the world?

Some people work their asses off and don't get big legs. There shouldn't be this presumption that they're not working just as hard on their lower body. Ball's legs look more defined to me.

Yea honestly I wasn't paying too much attention to who said it here.. I was just making a general statement. Wasn't singling anyone out.

Yeah, leg size is almost all genetics unless you start messing with chemistry. UFC fighter John Jones has skinnier legs than I do and he's out there squatting 500 pounds. Yao Ming has tree trunks for legs and I can garuntee at no point in his life did he sniff anywhere near those #'s.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
PG13 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
I don't know.

You can get leg gains, however, most people with chicken legs stay with chicken legs for the rest of their life.

Unlike arms, legs are purely genetics (unless you were fat and lost weight and kept them tree trunks)

While genetics play a roll I don't think growing your legs are any different than your arms put time in the gym and eat with a slight caloric surplus and you'll grow.

If I am about 189 pounds, and want to still lean out but add muscle tone, how many calories should I be eating?

Heres a weight calculator to give you a good idea of how much calories you should eat: https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm

And here is a Research Review of over 60 studies on the subject of gaining muscle mass in a Deficit or Bulking. (The first graph/punnett square will give you a good idea of what you should be doing)

https://sci-fit.net/bulking-deficit-gaining/

Most lifters make the mistake of eating too much protein and not enough potassium. As long as your getting around 100 grams of protein at 189 pounds your good. https://www.google.com/amp/s/bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/amp/

Your body needs potassium to: Build proteins; break down and use carbohydrates; build muscle and maintain normal body growth

Thanks
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

the BVH's of the world?

No worries, it was a joke about people making "skipped leg day" comments.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Gotcha.. @BVH
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Its good that he's working out, but most important is building a strong base/legs. Most of his injuries have occurred on his LOWER HALF, so that needs to be his point of emphasis.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

A lot of dudes making excuses for their skinny legs on here. I’m not sure if y’all are talking strictly aesthetically but anybody can drastically increase their leg strength with weights. Maybe the strength doesn’t always show but anybody saying leg strength is only genetics is dead wrong.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
I don't know.

You can get leg gains, however, most people with chicken legs stay with chicken legs for the rest of their life.

Unlike arms, legs are purely genetics (unless you were fat and lost weight and kept them tree trunks)

While genetics play a roll I don't think growing your legs are any different than your arms put time in the gym and eat with a slight caloric surplus and you'll grow.

The stick part of your legs will not grow which is below your calf muscle. Your thigh can get bigger but even that can only get so big based on your body type/dna.

you can increase the size of your calf muscle to a point. but the bottom part of your leg will still be stick status.

Please look at kobe's legs. sticks. after all these years. still pretty much sticks. he's finally put on weight naturally(not the year he got buff because even that year bellow his calf muscle was still a stick. this is what most NBA players look like in person. STick figure legs with very Tight(not necessarily huge) calf muscles. Which means a very huge calf is not necessary in order to get done what you need done on the floor.

You want your guys to be their natural weight but to end up super tight looking with great flexibility.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
A lot of dudes making excuses for their skinny legs on here. I’m not sure if y’all are talking strictly aesthetically but anybody can drastically increase their leg strength with weights. Maybe the strength doesn’t always show but anybody saying leg strength is only genetics is dead wrong.

That's the point.

Chicken legs stay chicken, but you can gain strength in them.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Who cares if he is flexing or not, point is he is working on his body
right, point is, he actually has something to flex. I can flex right now and it wont do me any good. thats because I'm not in the gym like that.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

That's the point.

Chicken legs stay chicken, but you can gain strength in them.

this isn my problem.....

help me, beefcake Lonzo!!
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
El Seano wrote:
Lonzos Workout:

Mon: Traps
Tues: Traps, Shoulders.
Wed: Traps.
Thurs: Rest day; light trap work
Fri: Shoulders, Traps finisher.
Sat: Shrugging Shoulder Presses
Sun: Rest day; work on mixtape.

Fair play though he's put some size on, flexing or not. I think he gets a bad rep for not working but truthfully I've seen just as much coverage of the boards darling Josh Hart working out as I have Lonzo. Just cause we don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Very true. Jordan Clarkson posted damn near daily updates on his workouts on social media and look what it got him.

Good for ZO then that their BB IQ couldn't be any more opposite.
dakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Chicken legs ain't no joke...try catching a chicken on the run, take a few claw kicks to the face, and you won't visualize the words "chicken legs" the same way ever again. PERIOD.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of chicken legs... Melvin Gordon. Wow. How does he have an NFL career with twigs like a 12 yr old girl?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Do not trade this MFer.
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Any Lonzo Puma rumors? Seems a likely fit with their expansion. They already signed all the top guys from this class - Ayton, Porter, Bagley, Young, Smith.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:
Any Lonzo Puma rumors? Seems a likely fit with their expansion. They already signed all the top guys from this class - Ayton, Porter, Bagley, Young, Smith.

You don't know about BBB?
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

I still believe that BBB is a huge leverage play. Lonzo could be the face of Puma. All about the mighty dollar.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:
PG13 wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

I still believe that BBB is a huge leverage play. Lonzo could be the face of Puma. All about the mighty dollar.

Lonzo's already the face of BBB and can do whatever he wants without being held back by a contract that says what he can't do. He has independence and he's already the face of BBB. I'd say he's good.

All he has to do is play well, and suddenly it takes off even more.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
PG13 wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

Lonzo's already the face of BBB and can do whatever he wants without being held back by a contract that says what he can't do. He has independence and he's already the face of BBB. I'd say he's good.

Lol. No. I think they want Lonzo to be a superstar so they can dictate terms with a real company
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

No worries, it was a joke about people making "skipped leg day" comments.

I never skip leg day....the gym is my church, and squat rack is my pulpit.

the wheels
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
MJST wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
PG13 wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

Lol. No. I think they want Lonzo to be a superstar so they can dictate terms with a real company

A real company ^_^

Alright, I have a question for you.

Do people buy the majority of the sneakers from the players they like because they like the brand, or is it primarily that they like the player...

Would LeBron's still sale regardless even if they were Adidas, Puma or Under Armour?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I wish Lonzo played in the Kobe ADs.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
PG13 wrote:
MJST wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
PG13 wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

A real company ^_^

Do people buy the majority of the sneakers from the players they like because they like the brand, or is it primarily that they like the player...

Would LeBron's still sale regardless even if they were Adidas, Puma or Under Armour?
I always bought Nike so I don't know. Never bought shaq's of Kobe Adidas.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
MJST wrote:
PG13 wrote:
MJST wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
PG13 wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

A real company ^_^

I always bought Nike so I don't know. Never bought shaq's of Kobe Adidas.

Lebron's sales would definitely take a substantial hit in sales if they were not Nike brand. A lot of "shoe guys" are extremely brand loyal over player loyal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1065, 1066, 1067 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1066 of 1688
Jump to: