If we strike out ENTIRELY this summer
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: If we strike out ENTIRELY this summer

I am so excited to roll with our young guys for another year. Especially seeing Lonzo and Ingram fill out their bodies more, seeing what Kuzma can do defensively.

This is honestly the most win-win offseason for us. No high pick to worry about panning out, and we're not at all desperate to get anyone because we have all these assets. The only teams that should be as relaxed as us are Boston and maybe Philly.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

Same here
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

I feel the opposite.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

...then the FO has some explaining to do.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PHILosophize wrote:
I feel the opposite.

You're desperate for a move this summer? Or not excited to watch the kids?

Last edited by levon on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=184758&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=184253&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=184758&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=184253&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Sorry, I knew my take wasn't original, I just didn't want to go through the trouble of finding the old threads. Mods feel free to merge.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

I prefer signing no one to trading the core and having the big three with no bench.

But obviously... ideally... two superstars and core... or one superstar... two rentals with an eye for Kawhi in 2019.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
I feel the opposite.

The former. Our FO has made a ton of moves to free up space/set us up for a big signing and if we strike out completely I will be very disappointed. Arguably some of those moves then become bad moves as well. We won't make the playoffs yet again and we won't be bad enough to get a really good pick. It'll be a lousy year. I'm excited to watch the kids again - so there is some of that for sure - but I'd much rather watch them alongside LBJ and PG.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

Then we watch Lonzo-Hart-BI-Kuz-Randle's playoff debut... still all good!
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

It will be a massive failure on an organizational level. Regardless of what you want or don't want, it'll mean that the once great Los Angeles Lakers have fallen so far that they told the world for TWO YEARS that it was all leading up to the summer of 18 and they couldn't even sign the guy from LA who wanted to play in LA.

What we want or don't want is irrelevant. Striking out this off season would be a massive black eye.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
levon wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
I feel the opposite.

The former. Our FO has made a ton of moves to free up space/set us up for a big signing and if we strike out completely I will be very disappointed. Arguably some of those moves then become bad moves as well. We won't make the playoffs yet again and we won't be bad enough to get a really good pick. It'll be a lousy year. I'm excited to watch the kids again - so there is some of that for sure - but I'd much rather watch them alongside LBJ and PG.

yes....the FO changed course....they will have failed if they are unable to sign a max level player this summer. Not saying they should be fired or anything silly.....but Magic came in....kind of weaseled his way into the role (or however you prefer to describe it) because he said he could bring in top level talent in contrast to Mitch and Jim in recent years. Now we wait and see if he was right.....
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

I shouldn't say same here. I don't expect much because it has been so long since we got a big time free agent
bucketsandbags
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

I'm with you. I'd rather be Golden State on the way up than Miami super team assemble any day.

96-99 Lakers were super fun years.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

I will be happy to cheer for whoever is on the roster opening night
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

Sign the 1 yr deal rental to save the cap for next year to sign Kawhi Leonard and Klay Thompson?

Deng's contract is more friendly next year than this. It is easier to try it to other team.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I will be happy to cheer for whoever is on the roster opening night

I will be right there's with you. The degree of "happy" will depend on who's wearing the uniforms but I'll cheer none the less.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
levon wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
I feel the opposite.

yes....the FO changed course....they will have failed if they are unable to sign a max level player this summer. Not saying they should be fired or anything silly.....but Magic came in....kind of weaseled his way into the role (or however you prefer to describe it) because he said he could bring in top level talent in contrast to Mitch and Jim in recent years. Now we wait and see if he was right.....

If they do succeed in signing 1 or 2 or signing 2 and trading for Kawhi will they be considered be big successes and maybe our faith will be restored? I doubt it, there will just be a big threads about the players we left behind to get it done and how we screwed up. Just like the DLO trade last year, it until it was so obvious he sucked that people stopped lol.
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
levon wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
I feel the opposite.

I don't know if we should blame all to the FO. Not many players can handle the pressure in LA Lakers. They just don't want to come for that reason?
Boybees
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: If we strike out ENTIRELY this summer

levon wrote:
I am so excited to roll with our young guys for another year. Especially seeing Lonzo and Ingram fill out their bodies more, seeing what Kuzma can do defensively.

This is honestly the most win-win offseason for us. No high pick to worry about panning out, and we're not at all desperate to get anyone because we have all these assets. The only teams that should be as relaxed as us are Boston and maybe Philly.

Striking out completely this summer is the most likely outcome. And I'm fine with it. We are loaded with young talent and I want to see this core develop.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

bucketsandbags wrote:
I'm with you. I'd rather be Golden State on the way up than Miami super team assemble any day.

96-99 Lakers were super fun years.

Yeah, but those teams ended up with us keeping only 1 drafted star (Kobe) and trading out the rest while signing the biggest FA in the market. Ring a bell?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

If you like our young core, then striking out wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I would love to see what Ingram, Kuz, Ball, Randle, & Hart can do. Just watch out for the DLO Truthers though. Regardless if Kuzma becomes a star our not, they will be out in force. And those who just hate Magic will be after him too. Acting like Mitch didn't trade for Mozgov... twice.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
If you like our young core, then striking out wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I would love to see what Ingram, Kuz, Ball, Randle, & Hart can do. Just watch out for the DLO Truthers though. Regardless if Kuzma becomes a star our not, they will be out in force. And those who just hate Magic will be after him too. Acting like Mitch didn't trade for Mozgov... twice.

Yep and yep.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
...then the FO has some explaining to do.

Nope, until they get out of that Deng dead weight. I'll give them a pass. If they trade most of the core for nothing and strikeout, than yeah they might be worse than Mitch and Jimbo
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11
Jump to: