Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

look for ya boy .... i'll be at Staples
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject:

Referee called the fight early IMO. I mean Horn didn't stand a chance. But he didn't look too hurt to continue IMO.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

I thought Byrd did the right thing. The body shots Horn took started to take their toll. Yes he could have gone on but to what avail? He may have sufferd career ending damage.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

http://cdn.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/23765083/heavyweight-world-titlist-deontay-wilder-accepted-terms-offered-fellow-titlist-anthony-joshua-promoter-eddie-hearn

Heavyweight world titleholder Deontay Wilder has agreed to the terms offered by Anthony Joshua's camp for them to meet for the undisputed title later this year in Joshua's home country of the United Kingdom, Wilder co-manager Shelly Finkel told ESPN on Monday.

For the fight they said they agreed to for later this year, Finkel said the target date is Sept. 15, but the fight could be in October or November because Sept. 15 is the proposed date for the rematch between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin, which they would not compete with.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

http://cdn.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/23765083/heavyweight-world-titlist-deontay-wilder-accepted-terms-offered-fellow-titlist-anthony-joshua-promoter-eddie-hearn

Heavyweight world titleholder Deontay Wilder has agreed to the terms offered by Anthony Joshua's camp for them to meet for the undisputed title later this year in Joshua's home country of the United Kingdom, Wilder co-manager Shelly Finkel told ESPN on Monday.

For the fight they said they agreed to for later this year, Finkel said the target date is Sept. 15, but the fight could be in October or November because Sept. 15 is the proposed date for the rematch between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin, which they would not compete with.

Crossing my fingers and toes. If they did this in October, following GGG vs. Canelo in September, that would be an awesome way to round out the year with 2 blockbuster fights!

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Only disappointing thing I heard, when GGG vs. Canelo was finalized...Backup was in place for GGG vs. Saunders at the Forum!!!!! But, I'm not completely mad. If GGG beats Canelo, I hope they bring that fight to the Forum again. Would pay good money to see that at the Forum.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Anybody going to Staples Center for Mikey Garcia vs. Robert Easter Jr.?

Was going to get a group buy going with my friends and fam, but had some expenses come up and won't be able to go.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Was going to get a group buy going with my friends and fam, but had some expenses come up and won't be able to go.

Is that July 28th?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

Watched Claressa Shields vs Hanna Gabriels. Hanna dropped Claressa in the first round. Shields got off the deck to dominate the rest of the fight but it wasn't easy, Gabriels gave her all she wanted. I didn't like the way Shields handled the post fight interview. She showed no class. I don't know if Christina Hammer can beat her but it wouldn't bother me if she did.

Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Watched Claressa Shields vs Hanna Gabriels. Hanna dropped Claressa in the first round. Shields got off the deck to dominate the rest of the fight but it wasn't easy, Gabriels gave her all she wanted. I didn't like the way Shields handled the post fight interview. She showed no class. I don't know if Christina Hammer can beat her but it wouldn't bother me if she did.

https://twitter.com/Claressashields/status/1010929335157616641

I thought Claressa was fine LOL - was just trying to drum up hype for the Hammer fight...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

DELETED BY jodeke

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
jodeke wrote:

https://twitter.com/Claressashields/status/1010929335157616641

I thought Claressa was fine LOL - was just trying to drum up hype for the Hammer fight...

I got LINK by Clarressa and the twitter comments. 😂 They gave me a different perspective of Clarressa. Hope she doesn't turn out to be another Adrian Broner.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Is that July 28th?

Yeah, jo. July 28.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/angry-martin-murray-condemns-billy-joe-saunders-as-an-embarrassment-to-the-sport/

Martin Murray goes all in on Billy Joe Saunders after Saunders pulls out of their fight for a second time claiming injury, when he really was hoping for a shot with GGG. Murray has trained basically all year for this fight and never got compensated. If you sign the contract make the fight if not at least compensate your opponent.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Wilder/Joshua needs to get done this year. Too much "marinating" in the sport already. I also enjoyed the beatdown Crawford gave Horn. Hopefully, Spence/Crawford happens soon!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Wilder/Joshua needs to get done this year. Too much "marinating" in the sport already. I also enjoyed the beatdown Crawford gave Horn. Hopefully, Spence/Crawford happens soon!

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT. FULL FIGHT

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Not sure if you're agreeing with me or not, but Horn was stopped (so I don't think what I said was an exaggeration).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Not sure if you're agreeing with me or not, but Horn was stopped (so I don't think what I said was an exaggeration).

OH, I agree with you. Some said Byrd stopped the fight to early, I disagreed, I thought it was a good stoppage. He could have continued but if he did he may have suffered career, even life threatening injuries.

Quote:
I thought Byrd did the right thing. The body shots Horn took started to take their toll. Yes he could have gone on but to what avail? He may have sufferd career ending damage.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

OH, I agree with you. Some said Byrd stopped the fight to early, I disagreed, I thought it was a good stoppage. He could have continued but if he did he may have suffered career, even life threatening injuries.

Quote:

Yea, I agreed with the stoppage too. The blood lust will always be there for fans of combat sports. The only reason I wanted to see it go a little longer was to counter the "I could have continued" response, but almost every fighter says that if they're not out cold. Who you got? Spence or Crawford if they fight?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Quote:

Yea, I agreed with the stoppage too. The blood lust will always be there for fans of combat sports. The only reason I wanted to see it go a little longer was to counter the "I could have continued" response, but almost every fighter says that if they're not out cold. Who you got? Spence or Crawford if they fight?

WOW, that's a tough one. It's a toss up.

Because of rounds fought, age and KO percentage, I give Spence a slight edge.

He's fought fewer rounds, 96 rounds vs 177 for Terence so less wear and tear. He has a two year age advantage Errol 28, Terence 30. I give him a power advantage 24 fights 21 KO's vs 33 fights 24 KO's for Terence.

I'd like to see either fight Keith Thurman though I think Keith has lost some edge. He doesn't seem to want it as much.

Personally I don't think Terence wants to get it on with Errol. I begrudgingly go with Spence.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Who you got? Spence or Crawford if they fight?

WOW, that's a tough one. It's a toss up.

Because of rounds fought, age and KO percentage, I give Spence a slight edge.

He's fought fewer rounds, 96 rounds vs 177 for Terence so less wear and tear. He has a two year age advantage Errol 28, Terence 30. I give him a power advantage 24 fights 21 KO's vs 33 fights 24 KO's for Terence.

I'd like to see either fight Keith Thurman though I think Keith has lost some edge. He doesn't seem to want it as much.

Personally I don't think Terence wants to get it on with Errol. I begrudgingly go with Spence.

I think most people see it that way (Spence winning). However, I favor Crawford because of his speed and timing advantages (and his mean attitude), but I could definitely see Spence winning. I don't think Crawford is afraid of Spence though. I think he moved up to become undisputed at 147, just like he accomplished at 140. Bud moved up to face Spence/Thurman/whoever (similar to Ward moving up specifically to take out Kovalev).

Thurman is washed at this point imo as you imply. He won't be the same when he returns, and he will lose to both Crawford and/or Spence (whoever he faces first). Spence vs. Garcia/Porter winner should be a nice appetizer for the eventual Crawford vs. Spence showdown!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

I'm not as high on Porter as I was when he started his career. I saw his workouts with Pacquiao and thought he was more of a boxer than he's shown. IMO he's to easy to hit. He takes a lot of punishment. I think Crawford would pick him apart. Spence is a better match up for him though I think he'd lose.

I'm torn on Danny. He's a better match up with Spence also. He's a better boxer. He's a good match for both Errol and Terence. I like Garcia but he doesn't impress me as one who wants to put in the work.I can't make a choice on who would win or lose in those matches.

Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not as high on Porter as I was when he started his career. I saw his workouts with Pacquiao and thought he was more of a boxer than he's shown. IMO he's to easy to hit. He takes a lot of punishment. I think Crawford would pick him apart. Spence is a better match up for him though I think he'd lose.

Yeah, I agree that Porter is the least skilled of the elite welterweights but actually think he's the toughest matchup for Crawford out of the top welters due to his activity and brawling style. Porter's closer to being a true middleweight than a true welter (I think he even started his career at middleweight) and is the only one of the top welters that's for sure physically stronger than Crawford (perhaps considerably more so).

I think Porter's physicality and aggressiveness inside makes it a tough fight for Crawford, despite Porter's skill deficit...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah, I agree that Porter is the least skilled of the elite welterweights but actually think he's the toughest matchup for Crawford out of the top welters due to his activity and brawling style. Porter's closer to being a true middleweight than a true welter (I think he even started his career at middleweight) and is the only one of the top welters that's for sure physically stronger than Crawford (perhaps considerably more so).

I think Porter's physicality and aggressiveness inside makes it a tough fight for Crawford, despite Porter's skill deficit...

That's my point. Crawford's going to pick him apart. Getting inside will mean he's going to take a lot of punches. Once he's inside Terence will hug him. How much can he take?

xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Pacquiao vs Matthysse

Um...not sure if Pacman had a good fight or if Matthysse is just done. When I heard about the fight I thought to myself, Matthysse ..really? Didn't he retire? But Pacman got 3 knockdowns. Pretty good.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 450, 451, 452 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 451 of 514
Jump to: